PDA

View Full Version : emag feednecks

phizz
09-27-2006, 12:01 PM
I have a quick question, I was looking to get a CCM feedneck from LuisV for my emag, but I read somewhere that if you get one too short it won't work? I can't seem to find the thread where I read it, and I can't remeber what size it was, can anybody elaborate on this for me? Would like the shortest one possible that will work.

11 Bravo
09-27-2006, 12:09 PM
I wouldnt see a problem with a short feedneck. It would depend on what body you have though. If its just a ule body, it should be fine.

StygShore
09-27-2006, 01:06 PM
No problem on a standard ULE - if you had a Dalara or Karta, you can not get the no-pro feedneck, because it hits the body before it threads in all the way.

Styg

Rudz
09-27-2006, 04:21 PM
unless it was one of the rpg karta bodies like 11 bravos, and they were milled just a lil more for a sub zero to fit..

grEnAlEins
09-27-2006, 07:52 PM
I have a quick question, I was looking to get a CCM feedneck from LuisV for my emag, but I read somewhere that if you get one too short it won't work? I can't seem to find the thread where I read it, and I can't remeber what size it was, can anybody elaborate on this for me? Would like the shortest one possible that will work.
It will work fine with a low/no-rise barring the karta case stated above. You were probably thinking of the thread about puting a low/no rise on an angel (which is supposedly bad :confused: ).

StygShore
09-27-2006, 08:29 PM
It will work fine with a low/no-rise barring the karta case stated above. You were probably thinking of the thread about puting a low/no rise on an angel (which is supposedly bad :confused: ).

Angel Roto breech made it so if the feed neck was too short you couldnt swing the breech open without hitting the cup in the feed.

Styg

11 Bravo
09-27-2006, 09:01 PM
unless it was one of the rpg karta bodies like 11 bravos, and they were milled just a lil more for a sub zero to fit..

Nope that Karta body is direct from Deadly Wind and it has'nt been milled for that feedneck. It just fit with no problem. I did try other brands of no rise necks that didnt work, but the Sub Zero fit with no problem. :D

StygShore
09-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Roguefactor himself said that the sub-zero feed would not work on a Karta....

Styg

11 Bravo
09-27-2006, 10:02 PM
^^^^ Well I dont know what it is then. I bought it from the Mag Smith. I'll have to go over there and see what I bought.
After checking his sight.---Well maybe Rouge will look at my mag "in the MOGM" and then tell us what it is. I know its one of his and it is a lo or no rise. He doesnt have the type that I bought on his site anymore though.
I am saying all this mainly to emphasize that that body was not milled to fit that feedneck.

pennywise
09-28-2006, 12:23 AM
If you bought it from TheMagSmith, you bought a Sub-Zero.
I must say, the best damn feedneck - ever! :headbang:

phizz
09-28-2006, 02:31 AM
Thanks guys its for a karta body, I knew I seen something about them somewhere.

mobsterboy
09-28-2006, 09:05 AM
The standard Karta design has 2 peaks on the north and south of the feedneck receptacle. These 2 peaks hit the bottom of the feedneck cup after a few turns.

If you bought it from TheMagSmith, you bought a Sub-Zero.

Shawn, he's prob thinking a strangler feedneck. Those have no problem going on the dallaras and kartas