PDA

View Full Version : Will the Slug Body be back?

Jeet
09-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Hey! I just got myself into the mag world :headbang: and i was planning to get one with a karta body until i found out that i can't since the slug bodies aren't available. I was just wondering if AGD will be producing them again? or is that it? (I hope they do... :cry: ) Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and reply, rock on!

geekwarrior
09-27-2006, 06:30 PM
no probably not...

but there were 2 for sale on here in b/s forum

welcome to AO :cheers:

Cow hunter
09-27-2006, 08:22 PM
yea, is the classic AO situation, many people show interst (ex. "oh id defenitly buy that if you put it into producton!") but then when it comes out, hardly anyone actually buys...

SO, chances are, its not gonna be back

/oh, and welcome to AO

fire1811
09-27-2006, 08:34 PM
yea, is the classic AO situation, many people show interst (ex. "oh id defenitly buy that if you put it into producton!") but then when it comes out, hardly anyone actually buys...

SO, chances are, its not gonna be back

/oh, and welcome to AO

So very true. I cant count how many times this has happend

REDRT
09-27-2006, 10:13 PM
So true.

The Karta Combos I offered came with Sub-Zero feedneck, dual RPG ReTents, and a ULE Karta rail....for $335 new. I only did 10 total.

It took over a year to sell those 10 at that price. Now...people are paying $450 for just the body. Crazy, just crazy.

Guess some dont know what they got till its gone. :wow:

I own one of them 10. You did a fab job giving it that little extra. It was the best combo package IMO. I was so lucky to find one before the prices skyrocketed.

Jeet
09-28-2006, 07:03 AM
So true.

The Karta Combos I offered came with Sub-Zero feedneck, dual RPG ReTents, and a ULE Karta rail....for $335 new. I only did 10 total.

It took over a year to sell those 10 at that price. Now...people are paying $450 for just the body. Crazy, just crazy.

Guess some dont know what they got till its gone. :wow:

Damn it! why couldn't i have gotten into mags a year earlier!!! $335!! Noooooo! :cry: Does any1 have any ideas about any other good bodies :) ?

Triangle
09-28-2006, 12:14 PM
One word.

Dallara.

warbeak2099
09-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Can't get those either.

AGD should make a small run of sluggos. People would rush at them with all the outcry going on right now. Then, they should quickly discontinue them thus making more of a demand. It's brilliant come now.

Triangle
09-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Can't get those either.

AGD should make a small run of sluggos. People would rush at them with all the outcry going on right now. Then, they should quickly discontinue them thus making more of a demand. It's brilliant come now.

Oh, I'm well aware they cannot be had either.

I'm just glad I nabbed body #2 while I had the chance.

CKY_Alliance
09-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Oh, I'm well aware they cannot be had either.

I'm just glad I nabbed body #2 while I had the chance.

Dallaras are very nice...they are much more simple, and "plain" but still oh so secksi!
I kinda miss mine, o well..

Cow hunter
09-28-2006, 02:00 PM
IF AGD did a small run, theres a chance they'd sell to people like nicad or rougefactor, who probably would order several, but past that, is there much interest?

/and would AGD profit from a small run?
//didnt someone a while back menton a place to get a slug made?
///i know most places could do it, but like the IT bodies, the tolerances may be off

Tool-of-death
09-28-2006, 02:06 PM
IF AGD did a small run, theres a chance they'd sell to people like nicad or rougefactor, who probably would order several, but past that, is there much interest?

///i know most places could do it, but like the IT bodies, the tolerances may be off

I'd buy 5 and resell them when they are no longer avalable.

CKY_Alliance
09-28-2006, 02:08 PM

or maybe rogue and nicad and such can place and order before they produce them..im sure they dont have to worry about those guys coming through with the money...I dont see why DeadlyWinds and even rogue dont just make a one piece body and rail, when they sold the xmag body by itself ( i think it was a private company) wasnt it "only" like 400 something dollars...well people will pay that for a used karta so why not that or maybe less for a brand new, one piece body?

Maybe something to think about folks.

Tool-of-death
09-28-2006, 02:12 PM
or maybe rogue and nicad and such can place and order before they produce them..im sure they dont have to worry about those guys coming through with the money...I dont see why DeadlyWinds and even rogue dont just make a one piece body and rail, when they sold the xmag body by itself ( i think it was a private company) wasnt it "only" like 400 something dollars...well people will pay that for a used karta so why not that or maybe less for a brand new, one piece body?

Maybe something to think about folks.

Because people are retarded and won't buy them right away and will wait till they are out of stock and buy them for 500$ used.

Thats just how people in the automag world are.

Tool-of-death
09-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks. I tried hard to give as much value as possible on those Karta Combos(Body with Sub-Zero, dual Retents, and ULE Karta rail/no holes). It was a valuable learning experience. Youd be surprised how many tried to get the price even lower than $335. "If you removed the ReTents, how much?", 'If you removed the feedneck, how much". I was giving the feedneck and Retents in the package away for free in the price. There was no discount.

When I see a Karta BODY ONLY selling for $450, I am surprised.

Based on past experience, Id say there is little interest. Just a handful of folks that want something that cant be had. If it became available, theyd complain it costs too much, and we would repeat the same cycle as before.

Most customers say they want something until they see how much it costs. Then, since its already made, they know that it will eventually go lower if they just wait long enough.

Just like the SLUGS right now. Over the last 2 years, dealers who had SLUGS sold them at a loss, cuz nobody would buy them. There are a few opportunists who have bought them up, and due to supply and demand are selling them at a premium. Others see this, and want to do the same. Problem is, if they were widely available again, the demand would disappear.

Oh well, such is life.

An then there are the invester types like me who would buy them in bulk and then sell them off slowly when they are no longer avalable :D

I know if AGD made some slugs avalble I would pull 900$ out of my *** to buy 6

Tunaman
09-28-2006, 08:18 PM
I have 3 slug bodies left. Email me quick if you want one. Bring your wallet... ;) :D

Tool-of-death
09-28-2006, 09:05 PM
I have 3 slug bodies left. Email me quick if you want one. Bring your wallet... ;) :D

DAMN YOU TUNA ND YOUR EXCEDING YOUR PM BOX STORAGE!!!!!'

Jeet
09-29-2006, 10:28 AM

OoOooO this could possibly be my chance :clap: i sent you a e-mail by the way :)

Chronobreak
09-29-2006, 10:44 AM
rogue, hell wwa had one for 599 ~ similar set(no feedneck)!!!

that is a steal and basicly giving it away since no one wanted them, (or the demand was very slow but somewhat steady)

and as you said people are paying alot now. and people are asking for slugs, but btw there have been atleast 7 for sale this month...and nobody still seems to want them.

ie i bet if i called tuna now he still ahs 1 of the 3 left likely.

not sure if its even worth it to colin to setup his machines for 1-2 at a time

if you guys want slugs, put your $ together, for like 100 people at $160 a pice and im sure agd will make more.

agd would have to do a large run, and i doubt they want to sit on them for 2-3+ years.
already having trouble clearing old stuff.(it would seem)

rmg
09-29-2006, 12:54 PM
"not sure if its even worth it to colin to setup his machines for 1-2 at a time"

That would be my concern about buying a slug. I did e-mail them about pricing "if" I would buy a slug...haven't gotten an answer yet.
I understand, they wouldn't have time to do just 1, it only makes sense, bringing a new marker out would definitly take priority over doing a single custom piece.
Being fairly new to Mags, I'm not aware of any other shops milling bodys, so even having a slug is not going to get you a custom body, at least not right away.