PDA

View Full Version : Can I use shocker lube on My phantom?

MMaglpc
09-27-2006, 11:30 PM
Will using shocker lube be any different then gold cup gun oil?

Thanks

neppo1345
09-28-2006, 12:14 AM
I started using shocker lube on my phantom when I first got it.

Once I ran out of shocker lube, I switched to gold cup.

I noticed no difference in operation, effeciency, or consistancy.

Shane-O-Mac
09-28-2006, 01:15 AM
Theres no reason to use dow33 on a phantom. Plain old airgun oil is best. As a matter of fact, I HATE dow33 or any other grease for paintball gun use. The only real use I would even think about would be spool guns, lightly greasing the tail of the bolt. But I havent owned one yet, it may work better with standard oil.

On a Phantom, the hammer doesnt need much lubing, it doesnt touch the body very much. If you look closely, the hammer is made to be slightly oval shaped. The ends are slightly smaller than the middle. That way the edges dont drag in the body as it travels forwrd or back, reducing friction. 1 or 2 drops of oil smeared over the hammer is all it needs for lubing. The bolt needs no lubing, You can take 1 drop of oil and lube the bolt o-ring if you like, but it isnt necessary. Actually if you lube the bolt you can get oil on the paintball as it loads, and thats bad JuJu. Thats all you need to lube on a Phantom.

Shane-O

yingyang
09-28-2006, 03:08 PM
No, you use paintball gun oil. such as gold cup, extreme rage oil...

sniper1rfa
09-28-2006, 10:06 PM
I use a light grease on my phantom.

I use it about once a year. Works great! :headbang:

psychowarden
09-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Mike C reccomends just putting a few drops of oil on the puncture pin or the ASA and attaching the air source, and then firing a few times with no barrel.

Pneumagger
09-29-2006, 06:34 AM
you can buy 12g cartridges that come with a bit of lube in the cartridge. hen you never have to lube the phantom.

psychowarden
09-29-2006, 09:43 PM
And once you do that, your gonna get gunk all down your barrel...and thats not fun.