PDA

View Full Version : 2007 toyota yaris

Soopa Villain17
09-28-2006, 03:54 PM
well im sick of crappy used vehciles and ive now decided to take a chance and purchase a brand new 07 yaris basic sedan. base price is 12000 otd probly 13000. anybody heard any good or bad things about these cars ? i had a tercel and it was great and ive heard nothing but great things about it. i make about 500-600 a week so the payment is not a problem for me. i need a vehicle that wont need any major work done to it for a few years and this seems to fit the bill as a reliable and economical car. and its pretty sweet lookin. any tip or tricks i should use at the stealership when im ready to purchase ? thanks

Lohman446
09-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Have someone without a teen in their age go in your place.

Soopa Villain17
09-28-2006, 04:15 PM
Have someone without a teen in their age go in your place.

why ? im almost 20 , have a great credit score and make plenty of cash and i am going to buy one no matter what , what more could they want ?

PyRo
09-28-2006, 04:17 PM
well im sick of crappy used vehciles and ive now decided to take a chance and purchase a brand new 07 yaris basic sedan. base price is 12000 otd probly 13000. anybody heard any good or bad things about these cars ? i had a tercel and it was great and ive heard nothing but great things about it. i make about 500-600 a week so the payment is not a problem for me. i need a vehicle that wont need any major work done to it for a few years and this seems to fit the bill as a reliable and economical car. and its pretty sweet lookin. any tip or tricks i should use at the stealership when im ready to purchase ? thanks
Those are awsome cars. Slam it, rock some neons, get some sweet chrome 20s and a kicking system and that thing will look sick. Then get a K&N air filter, a free flow muffler, and a chip and that thing will be ungodly fast. Then get a turbo and you'll probably have about 500hp at the wheels, I bet it would run 9s.

As for at the dealer pretend to have a ton of money. If they think you've got a bunch of money to spare and don't care how much you spend they'll actually give you a better deal in hopes that you'll come back and buy more cars.

Soopa Villain17
09-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Those are awsome cars. Slam it, rock some neons, get some sweet chrome 20s and a kicking system and that thing will look sick. Then get a K&N air filter, a free flow muffler, and a chip and that thing will be ungodly fast. Then get a turbo and you'll probably have about 500hp at the wheels, I bet it would run 9s.

As for at the dealer pretend to have a ton of money. If they think you've got a bunch of money to spare and don't care how much you spend they'll actually give you a better deal in hopes that you'll come back and buy more cars.

dude i aint into that gay ricer crap. i need a car i can drive back and forth to work thats relaible and cheap. its not gunna be a sport car. just a point a to point b car

Steelrat
09-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Soopa, he was being sarcastic.

If you are interested in the Yaris, also check out the Scion Xa, the Honda Fit, and the Nissan Versa. I'm a big fan of toyota (and scion, since it IS toyota), but any of those cars are roughly comparable, and should be reliable. I think the Fit is the best looking one of the bunch, myself.

behemoth
09-28-2006, 04:48 PM

Dude, more like 8's...

Pneumagger
09-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Take a look at Kia's... they seem to be VERY cheap around here for new. Dealerships offering $5000 minimum trade on new kia's that are already $11k.

Personally, I like to buy american cars. Because someday... when we nuke the living **** out of the east and far east (and maybe south america+ cuba for good measure) I will still have a good warantee on my american made car.

SCpoloRicker
09-28-2006, 04:52 PM
3 WHLY?

/I lol'd PyRo

personman
09-28-2006, 04:58 PM
I think Corollas start around the same price as the Yaris, but are a little nicer as I understand it.
Check them out too while you're at the dealership. I have an '03 corolla CE and its pretty awesome. It gets good gas milage too, upwards of 30mpg.

robnix
09-28-2006, 05:17 PM

Drive the Yaris into a Honda dealership, park in front of the entrance, storm in and grab the first salesperson you see, then say:

"You see that Yaris? Beat it's price on a Fit or I'm walking out and becoming a Toyota owner!"

geekwarrior
09-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Drive the Yaris into a Honda dealership, park in front of the entrance, storm in and grab the first salesperson you see, then say:

"You see that Yaris? Beat it's price on a Fit or I'm walking out and becoming a Toyota owner!"

:rofl: ....speak from experience?

Lohman446
09-28-2006, 05:20 PM
why ? im almost 20 , have a great credit score and make plenty of cash and i am going to buy one no matter what , what more could they want ?

Good luck. I never said anything about purchasing power, you asked about getting the best price. Don't beleive me, not like I know. You wonder why people pick on you? You asked a question, I answered it simply You came back with facts that were of ZERO relevance to what I had told you.

/Actually, oh yeh - I've worked in car dealers for like, over a decade
//Oh, and I manage one..

geekwarrior
09-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Good luck. I never said anything about purchasing power, you asked about getting the best price. Don't beleive me, not like I know. You wonder why people pick on you? You asked a question, I answered it simply You came back with facts that were of ZERO relevance to what I had told you.

//Oh, and I manage one..

might want to take his advice soopa...

"im going to buy one no matter what" dealers love to hear that, and they can smell that on you :p

behemoth
09-28-2006, 05:37 PM

//Oh, and I manage one..

You are growing in the ways of the slash-fu.

Make sure you keep the slashes to breif statements,..

/orly?
//yarly.

Soopa Villain17
09-28-2006, 05:56 PM

//Oh, and I manage one..

sorry man i thought you was tryin to smartass , my bad

behemoth
09-28-2006, 05:58 PM
sorry man i thought you was tryin to smartass , my bad

That was the problem.

You trying to think, dont work out to well.

Soopa Villain17
09-28-2006, 06:32 PM
That was the problem.

You trying to think, dont work out to well.

yea i know all about it :tard:

Lohman446
09-28-2006, 06:46 PM
A) Never go in with the I am going to buy it attitude. Never buy on the first day you look either.

B) Consider a used car - you loose about 10 - 20% of value just by signing the title.

C) Never buy the first year of anything. There are things that just do not show up in testing. Not a hard rule if you are buying something to store as a 20 year investment.

D) Talk final delivered prices. This keeps dealers from lowballing you and then sneaking in high sales fee.

E) Arrange your own financing and prepare to deal as a "cash" customer.

F) Once you know the exact vehicle you want and how much you are going to pay for it (I suggest looking online) call the fleet or finance manager and make the offer - avoid salespeople. Do not get into negotiation, know what you are willing to pay and what is fair, and make the offer. Try more than one dealer. Be prepared to travel.

Glickman
09-28-2006, 06:49 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

personally im really not a fan of the yaris; despite being a toyota it didnt seem too well built

BeaverEater
09-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Check multiple dealerships. When i bought my truck, i was running around between 3 different dealerships. I knew what i wanted, and when i finally bought it, i went in there and told him i wanted that truck, for this much no more. I actually walked out of the deal 3 times before i finally bought it. You need to be prepared to walk out too. If you go in there wanting this car no matter what your gonna get screwed.

Steelrat
09-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Listen to Lohman, as he lives this stuff.

Don't fall in love, try multiple dealerships, and be prepared to walk out of all of them without the car you want. I myself am trying to get a new car, and I have walked out of 6 dealerships after failed negotiations on 3 different brands of cars. It happens.

Cow hunter
09-28-2006, 09:00 PM
id also look at the toyota echo, and the scion xA

persoanlly id go with a VW rabbit for a small car

wooky
09-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Soopa, let me tell you what. The Yaris has ben built for the last 8 years but only used in other countries. They have only been in the states for about 6 mos. as far as what car to buy, well you have the chosen the right company, TOYOTA. Toyotas have the number one resale value period, of any manufacture. As far as a driving around your local area to get a deal on a Yaris is probably not going to happen since everyone right now wants to be GREEN due to fuel economy and those cars are selling as fast as they come in for FULL sticker. Now if you choose another manufacture Ford, Kia, Dodge etc. let the sales guy do his job and tell all about the vehicle. If you then want to deal on the vehicle start from the invoice in the domestic market there are huge mark ups and added addendum's be careful when dealing with the domestic manufactures. Now remember that everyone wants to get paid no matter what the job or what you do. Right, I mean you said it your self you are 20, I am sure you have a job and if you have great credit well that means you have bills also, right? So you want to get up in the morning to work a 12-16 hr. day and not get paid, right? I am not saying go and be a lay down I am just saying if the guy can make $50-$100 on you and that's it, then let him. Think about that on a 100 bucks after taxes how much would you have then? I am not telling you what to do only a suggestion. Good luck!

Triangle
09-28-2006, 10:17 PM

Becuase you're an idiot.
That's why.
If you're going to do what you want, stop defending yourself to us, and just DO it.

As Steelrat said--LISTEN TO LOHMAN.

kosmo
09-28-2006, 10:29 PM
You might want to look into something with a little more torque to get you up a hill with the AC on.

wooky
09-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Soopa, lohman had some ok points but for the record a "Fleet Manager" usually is just a salesman that says that he is a Fleet Manager!! Now the point that Lohman made about going on-line you bet but just make sure that you compare apples to apples that is the only way to be fair in your comparison.

PS. About buying a used car eh, now that is how a sales guy makes his big money. Ever heard buy low sell high? Same concept, now you decide.

wooky
09-28-2006, 10:32 PM
kosmo, AC does not effect the Yaris. Try it!!

robnix
09-28-2006, 10:55 PM
:rofl: ....speak from experience?

Years ago I knew this girl that drove an Olds Bravada right in front of a GMC dealership, got out, grabbed a salesman and said:

"Sell me a Jimmy for less than he'll sell that Bravada or I'm about to become an Olds owner."

She ended up with the Jimmy. Her boyfriend was in the car and told us the whole story, barely unable to contain his laughter.

RoadDawg
09-29-2006, 12:20 AM
I was looking at the Yaris prior to me buying a used civic. Very rarely will you get a "base" model from a dealership. If you do, you usually get the "order" fees snuck inside the price. I hardly agree with Lohman but he hit it hard on the head of the nail with this one.

Corolla's are a bit more pricier over the Yaris. The Yaris is a tad smaller (can't remember where I read it but it's only like 6" shorter from shoulder to shoulder then the Corolla) and it's basically what the Corolla was, before "bigger" became the new thing.

I would say buy used. That is just my 2 cents.

RoadDawg
09-29-2006, 12:22 AM
id also look at the toyota echo, and the scion xA

persoanlly id go with a VW rabbit for a small car

Yaris has replaced the Echo. Only way he would be able to get one is by going used.

devildog
09-29-2006, 12:43 AM
2 of my friends have yaris'. being a big guy, as in tall not fat, they are pretty damn small. they also dont have any power what so ever. its pretty sad. other than that, reasonably low price compared to most others, and it gets AWESOME mileage. wish my truck did (i get about 8 to the gallon on the highway, which i avoid)

RoadDawg
09-29-2006, 12:47 AM
2 of my friends have yaris'. being a big guy, as in tall not fat, they are pretty damn small. they also dont have any power what so ever. its pretty sad. other than that, reasonably low price compared to most others, and it gets AWESOME mileage. wish my truck did (i get about 8 to the gallon on the highway, which i avoid)

Most cars with weak power get awesome MPG, it's the ones that have the power that get 20's.

The one I tested, was weak but it would reach highway speeds by the time it was time to merge on the freeway (Freeway was doing 60's *rare in SoCal*) so it was ok to deal with.

kosmo
09-29-2006, 05:09 AM
kosmo, AC does not effect the Yaris. Try it!!

Does being a lard tub affect it? If so, Soopa is going to have a lot of trouble getting up to highway speeds of 75ish on an uphill on ramp. Especially if that girl is in the car with him.

Soopa Villain17
09-29-2006, 06:13 AM
Does being a lard tub affect it? If so, Soopa is going to have a lot of trouble getting up to highway speeds of 75ish on an uphill on ramp. Especially if that girl is in the car with him.

yea dude , ive lost about 20 pounds , im still fat yes. i like being fat im not obese but fat. i know it , you dont hurt my feelings any, my nickname is fattie for cryin out loud. and dude i had no problem doing 75 in my old 87 tercel, wich had like 80hp with " that girl " and a few others in it. but yea i called a few dealers and nobody has any yaris , its retarted but i guess there good cars. im gunna do some driving today looking at different dealships and maybe ill end up with a ford or gm ? who knows. not buying today but within the month of october , that will give me time to save up a nice down payment. i plan on financing threw the car company , but ill figure it out when the time comes. about a yeaer ago i was shopping and test drove a brand new 05 hyundia accent 2dr 5 speed and man wasnt that thing cool for oly 8k plus fees , but then i lost my job and plans of a new car went down the crapper like this mornings poop. i guess i dont really care what kind of car i have. i just want something reliable and good on gas. i dont want used i want new. i want something i can drive some 0 miles something i know how its been drvin , takin care of. i really like the new car smell haha. well thanks for the help im off car shopping on this crappy morning :cheers:

Steelrat
09-29-2006, 06:47 AM
yea dude , ive lost about 20 pounds , im still fat yes. i like being fat im not obese but fat. i know it , you dont hurt my feelings any, my nickname is fattie for cryin out loud. and dude i had no problem doing 75 in my old 87 tercel, wich had like 80hp with " that girl " and a few others in it. but yea i called a few dealers and nobody has any yaris , its retarted but i guess there good cars. im gunna do some driving today looking at different dealships and maybe ill end up with a ford or gm ? who knows. not buying today but within the month of october , that will give me time to save up a nice down payment. i plan on financing threw the car company , but ill figure it out when the time comes. about a yeaer ago i was shopping and test drove a brand new 05 hyundia accent 2dr 5 speed and man wasnt that thing cool for oly 8k plus fees , but then i lost my job and plans of a new car went down the crapper like this mornings poop. i guess i dont really care what kind of car i have. i just want something reliable and good on gas. i dont want used i want new. i want something i can drive some 0 miles something i know how its been drvin , takin care of. i really like the new car smell haha. well thanks for the help im off car shopping on this crappy morning :cheers:

I had an 88 tercel, great car. Don't fixate on the Yaris, plenty of similar cars out there.

Soopa Villain17
09-29-2006, 08:05 AM
well today im going to some more dealers. mainly wiscasset ford , they supposedly have a one price type of deal. they dont like to haggle, they got a great selection , great service. my grandfather bought a truck from them, a 2001 ranger and got it otd at a lil over 13k , this was in 01. im gunna check out a few more maybe ill find something,. i hope i do my truck wont hold out to much longer :cry:

Lohman446
09-30-2006, 06:37 PM
well today im going to some more dealers. mainly wiscasset ford , they supposedly have a one price type of deal. they dont like to haggle, they got a great selection , great service. my grandfather bought a truck from them, a 2001 ranger and got it otd at a lil over 13k , this was in 01. im gunna check out a few more maybe ill find something,. i hope i do my truck wont hold out to much longer :cry:

Don't buy one price no haggle "hype". Saturn has tried it on there vehicles, as has Porsche. Even though you may buy at "one price" various dealer fees (docking, paperwork, etc.) are not part of that one price and are likely still open to negotiation.

beam
09-30-2006, 09:32 PM
I'd suggest looking at a Scion xB. If you like a unique car with character, they are awesome and cheap.

I got mine because I really liked the looks of them, but once I got it I was amazed at the amount of room in the xB. It can easily seat 5 large adults in it no problems.

At least try to find one locally to drive.

Triangle
10-01-2006, 01:50 AM
If you've got a Catalina, why do you want another car?

Soopa Villain17
10-01-2006, 07:14 AM
its an antique , we have snow here in maine and i need something a lil better in the stuff and something a lil newer. im keeping it though

Bear_Claw
10-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Dont discount off lease cars just yet.

I just bought my 2004 VW jetta TDI last month with 2 years warrenty and 40,000kms not a huge selling feture for me as im a mehcanic but none the less kinda nice that i aint gottta do anything to it for a couple years. Its low milage and i got it for the price of a new yaris and its MUTCH more o a car. Its averaging 50mpg and this thing can MOVE (its way too easy to speed LOL). Car looks smells and drives like brand new. I still kept my beater pickup truck for a work hourse and drive my car for everything else i love it.

My Car (http://www.hunt101.com/img/430836.JPG)

Inside (http://www.hunt101.com/img/430839.JPG)

Under the hood (http://www.hunt101.com/img/430840.JPG)

All that being said if you are looking new regardless the accents a nice little car (driven a few and liked em for the price) and my mother had a hyundai santa fe in 2001 that was a great little SUV. Never had a prob with it she just needed more seats. Was even fun to drive 4cylder stick shift.

Soopa Villain17
10-01-2006, 06:13 PM
im not gunna get a *brand new* car now. my insurance will be over 300 a month. so ive been looking at newer cars. ive found some nice ones. one in perticular is an 04 focus se wagon. has 37k miles , mint shape , the 2.3 liter with 5spd. there askign around 10 thousand. theres also a few others like an 02 passat 1.8t with 32k for 13 thousand. an 99 f250 w/ triton v10 for around 10k with 89 thosuand miles. a 00 dodge ram sport with 318, mint shape , ext cab for 10k. to many choices :(

SpecialBlend2786
10-01-2006, 06:17 PM
I thought you were looking for something with good milage?

a v10 won't really do that for ya....

MANN
10-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Soopa, he was being sarcastic.

If you are interested in the Yaris, also check out the Scion Xa, the Honda Fit, and the Nissan Versa. I'm a big fan of toyota (and scion, since it IS toyota), but any of those cars are roughly comparable, and should be reliable. I think the Fit is the best looking one of the bunch, myself.

Toyota Scion = Toaster. :spit_take

Soopa Villain17
10-01-2006, 08:24 PM
I thought you were looking for something with good milage?

a v10 won't really do that for ya....

gas mpgs would suck but itd be badass. the truck is friggen huge with loud dual exhaust, just plain kool

Kyle.Kimber
10-01-2006, 11:13 PM
dude i aint into that gay ricer crap. i need a car i can drive back and forth to work thats relaible and cheap. its not gunna be a sport car. just a point a to point b car

RACIST............. BIGGOT

Pyroboy597
10-02-2006, 08:26 AM
its an antique , we have snow here in maine and i need something a lil better in the stuff and something a lil newer. im keeping it though

Jeep Wrangler FTW

Lohman446
10-02-2006, 05:25 PM

I pray your kidding - referring to a Japanese car is not racist

/Yeh, defended Soopa
//Oops

CasingBill
10-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Buy a jetta TDI.....much better car.

Soopa Villain17
10-05-2006, 08:38 AM

O RLY ?

9868Classic
10-06-2006, 11:02 AM
I third or tenth...whatever the score is with Lohman.

I recently purchased an 06 Toyota Tundra. I'm almost 22, owned the truck now for roughly 5 months. Definitely got a little ripped. Purchased the same day I looked at it, didn't check around. Nothin nada.

I did do my research on it though, and found that in my area it was more worthwhile to purchase a new one vs purchasing a used one.

Used was going for 20-23k 03-05 Tundra,
New 06 was or mine at least was 29k, after rebates. (MSRP was 27,069.59 when I built my same truck online.) Final number on the truck after financing 25k was 33k I'm paying back. My neighbor purchased an 06 Double Cab F-250 with a couple more options than mine and paid signficantly less than I did.

Soopa Villain17
10-06-2006, 08:06 PM
well good news , i found a 05 focus zx3 at the place that had a one price thing, its 8000 after tax and title , and about 1k for a nice long factory extended bumper to bumper warrenty. got my step mom to co sign for me and ill be picking up hopefully tommorro if nothisn wrong with it when they service it in the morning. she step mother is real good at stuff and shes gunna try n get em to give me a full tank of gas lol. car is a 5spd with 2 liter duratec engine. it goes along pretty nicely and insurance is about 150 cheaper becuase she works for an insurance company and hooked me up so ill be switching to gher company and full coverage on my own is under 200 a month while my current agency told me over 300 month on my own. pics up soon its a sweet car