PDA

View Full Version : Mounting the Warp Feed horizontally

pielmonkey
09-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Would this work?

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c94/brettdix/?action=view&current=warp.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Or do you think I would encounter feeding problems using two 90 degree elbows? I just want some feedback before I go ahead and buy the warp feed.

Thanks.

MANN
09-28-2006, 06:49 PM
assuming that you have a force fed hopper it should work. Might I ask why you are wanting to set it up this way.

pielmonkey
09-28-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm trying to mount everything inside an ammo box and need to get the vertical height down a bit.

Cheers for the info.

MANN
09-28-2006, 07:15 PM
I'll try it out for you later tonight. Pm me if i dont get back with you by tommorow night.

pielmonkey
09-28-2006, 07:20 PM
I'll try it out for you later tonight. Pm me if i dont get back with you by tommorow night.

Brilliant. Thanks a lot.

FiXeL
09-29-2006, 11:12 AM
It should work when using a force feeder like a halo or vlocity, but the bends in the setup will slow it down and i'm guessing you should'nt use very brittle paint.

I've been thinking of doing something like this, but the added weight would make the gun only usefull for a fixed defence position or mounting it onto a verhicle. You really don't want to haul all that stuff when you have to move large distances.

Would be cool tho. A .50 cal ammo box can hold 1500 balls inside, if you're able to make everything as compact as possible, you could end up with a 1000 round hopper. :D

MANN
09-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Well it didnt work as great as I thought it would, although it did work. It would skip balls every once in a while.

While tring it I had another idea. Why dont you take an egg/halo, and modify it to act like a warp. You would just have to install an intellifeed wire to it so you could tell it to force balls. I tried it out using my egg, (I had to fire a paintball gun beside it to get the viberation to activate the board) and it seeme to work fine. How high are you going to try to feed balls?

doc_Zox
09-29-2006, 05:15 PM
ooooo...
http://premium1.uploadit.org/docZox//Barbie.gif
can you say Browning Ma Deuce?

http://englerpaintballguns.com/engler.htm

i wanna build my AKA excal into a browning frame and have the entire body be the hopper

pielmonkey
10-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Well it didnt work as great as I thought it would, although it did work. It would skip balls every once in a while.

While tring it I had another idea. Why dont you take an egg/halo, and modify it to act like a warp. You would just have to install an intellifeed wire to it so you could tell it to force balls. I tried it out using my egg, (I had to fire a paintball gun beside it to get the viberation to activate the board) and it seeme to work fine. How high are you going to try to feed balls?

Thanks for trying that out, and for your suggestion. I don't know much about force fed hoppers, as I shoot an A5, but if I can get the vibration of the gun to activate it and it can push balls vertically for about 6 - 7 inches, it could be a happening thing.