PDA

View Full Version : making my own antisyphon

Marroonblooded
09-29-2006, 11:02 PM
I have plenty experience with soldering, and very little experience with welding... but is it just me or does this seem too simple...

metal tube- clean, abrasive paper, flux, heat then solder together, let cool or possibly heat for the bend in tube, and then bend the tube....

I'm not missing anything am I? seems pretty simple to me.

Thoughts and concerns?

Beat the Hell Outta Texas Tech!

Marroonblooded
09-30-2006, 12:28 AM
;) has anyone else tried this with any success, and if so with what and how much

flyingpootang
09-30-2006, 03:42 AM
You can get a flareless fitting set up from Home Depot and no soldering required. Just make sure the tube is bent towards the middle of the tank and mark the outside to show the up postion of the tube incase you use a different ASA....

Marroonblooded
10-02-2006, 01:29 PM
cool, I already bought the tube and set my lil bros tank... thanks!

So it really is that easy... never could find anything about DIY anti syphon... I guess this is why
:)

Walrus
10-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Yep, it is that easy. I used a compression fitting and brass tubing to make mine. The compression screwed right into the bottom of the pin valve I had and then I just put the brass tubing into it. I measure this setup in comparison to the tank to see where I wanted to cut the tubing and then bend it to have it bent up in the middle of the tank. I then pinched the end of the tubing a little so it wouldn't have a wide open hole for liquid to get into. Then, I installed the valve and went from there. (And no soldering required)

Marroonblooded
10-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Yep, it is that easy. I used a compression fitting and brass tubing to make mine. The compression screwed right into the bottom of the pin valve I had and then I just put the brass tubing into it. I measure this setup in comparison to the tank to see where I wanted to cut the tubing and then bend it to have it bent up in the middle of the tank. I then pinched the end of the tubing a little so it wouldn't have a wide open hole for liquid to get into. Then, I installed the valve and went from there. (And no soldering required)

word, however, there are no threads to screw in mine... so I did soldier... however, still very easy..