PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on a Viking

punkncat
09-30-2006, 06:50 AM
Well I guess I am the next AO member to play the Vike is Right.....lol

I have an 03 unmilled coming in from Tippet. Already has WAS and eyes. Assuming everything works right, which after all my reading about Vikes would be VERY unusual for it not to, I am trading my Tac One for it. Its in the mail and I am looking quite forward to getting my grubby hands on it. Vikings are one of the very few markers I have yet to own, at least that I have intrest in.

Its funny reading through the AKA forums. It appears that those owners are as zealous as AGD owners about their markers. I have yet to figure out the complex they have about Angels though....

I do find myself a bit concerned about the fact that DC is liquidating all their parts and the hushed talk that has been around about AKA going away. Perhaps its the same talk that goes round about AGD as well?

68magOwner
09-30-2006, 05:46 PM
I have always prefered the 04 vikings, but, theyre all great, you should have lots of fun with it.

Oh, and the thing with angels are that, angels are basically the same desighn, but, just dont shoot as good, the angels have more kick, are louder, have poorer consistency, and poorer efficiency (and, thats comming from someone who owns and angel right now).

gibby
09-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Congrats Punk! I just recently traded my Karta Emag for an 04 DC Viking as well. Looks to be in great condition and had no problems gassing it up. No leaks, fired fine, and I'm sure it'll be just as reliable as your Tac. Post pictures when you receive it. :)

punkncat
10-01-2006, 07:58 AM
Oh, and the thing with angels are that, angels are basically the same desighn, but, just dont shoot as good, the angels have more kick, are louder, have poorer consistency, and poorer efficiency (and, thats comming from someone who owns and angel right now).

I am currently using a G7 as my primary. I have liked Angel since the Speed came out. The G7 seems IMO to be the culmination of all the good things from then up.

Having just gotten the Viking in, I had the chance to air it up, chrono it and shoot a few balls yesterday. I did notice the EXCELLENT consistancy. Its been a while since I saw "dupli" many times in a row with practice paint. The G7 does bounce around a bit over the chrono.

As far as kick I think they both feel pretty much the same. I think the weight of the unmilled makes it a little more stable. They are both nearly the same size in profile, and the unmilled isn't a whole lot heavier with tanks and hoppers. I am using a revi on the vike though.

I get around 1800 shots from a 68/45 from the G7. I am hearing 2K from the same on the vike. Thats not too much different.

As far as noise the Vike makes a distinct ping and pop. I haven't been shot at with it so I don't know how much quieter it is downfield, but to me it isn't particularly quiet, just different.
My G7 makes a nice crisp crack when it fires, but there is no ping.

I am very impressed with the Viking and am looking forward to getting a game with it. I will post some pictures soon.

Steelrat
10-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Have fun with the viking. If you have any questions, feel free to PM. I've owned a few of them ;)

punkncat
10-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Well I just got back from playing with the Vike for the first time.

It did not get the type of efficency that I have been hearing about. I got around 700 shots from 3K in my 68/45. I have to check the dwell and see where it is. I have done nothing to this aside from oiling and gassing it up. I will have to look up the programming info on a WAS. I assume that all versions program similarly?

punkncat
10-01-2006, 05:55 PM
OK, I am confused. In the manual it says there will be 3 colors(modes in programming). Green, red, and orange. I have six with blinking versions of those colors.

Pneumagger
10-01-2006, 06:09 PM
theres red orange and green. hen there's a flickering red orang and green.

Youo will love your '03 unmilled ;)

Thresher
10-01-2006, 06:17 PM
thats probably was 2.9, info here http://www.freewebs.com/dyeguy101/services.htm
comes with more modes, more programability

punkncat
10-01-2006, 06:21 PM
thats probably was 2.9, info here http://www.freewebs.com/dyeguy101/services.htm
comes with more modes, more programability

I see the modes from that link, but does it have parameters listed somewhere for the "new" 3?

11 Bravo
10-01-2006, 07:33 PM
I made the leap to AKA a few weeks ago. I am loving it. Once you get yours set up - you wont be dissapointed at all. :D

Pneumagger
10-01-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm like 90% sure the highest WAS for an AKA gun is 2.0

don miguel
10-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Could someone tell me or show a pic of what a viking is. I would like to know. :confused:

gibby
10-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Could someone tell me or show a pic of what a viking is. I would like to know. :confused:

This is when the search button is good for. Or just go into the B/S/T forum and I'm sure you'll find a few pics.

Gecko
10-02-2006, 05:01 PM
DC is liquidating all their parts
man Jared never tells me anything......... :)
We were actually getting rid of alot of old stock that we shouldn't have had in the first place.
I can assure that DC can and will be taking care of AKA owners for the forseable future. We are expanding into MacDev products but AKA will always be a big part of DC

Pneumagger
10-02-2006, 05:53 PM
You'll hate your viking if you used to shoot an angel. You should trade me it for my classic mag and 90/3000... You add :)