PDA

View Full Version : can you make a z-grip pneumatic?

phizz
10-01-2006, 02:08 AM
Just as the title says, I have been getting very curious about pneumatic frames, and was wondering if it would be possible in a z-grip and if anybody has done it. I kinda have money buring a hole in my pocket and want to just buy a pneuomag frame and internals, but now i'm thinking of trying it on a zgrip

DiSoRdeR
10-01-2006, 02:14 AM
It can be done and as it just happens I have a CFL Z-grip I just cant get used to :D Has enough room inside to put what ever you want in it. It cant be done to a regular z-grip that I know of, would have to be a CFL one.

Also I think I remember reading that some one on here was planning on doing it to one of theirs, not sure if they ever finished it though.

Cow hunter
10-01-2006, 11:46 AM
It can be done and as it just happens I have a CFL Z-grip I just cant get used to :D Has enough room inside to put what ever you want in it. It cant be done to a regular z-grip that I know of, would have to be a CFL one.

Also I think I remember reading that some one on here was planning on doing it to one of theirs, not sure if they ever finished it though.
well im still planning on it, but i just need to get around to buyin the parts

phizz
10-01-2006, 11:50 AM
sorry to sound liek a dummy, but whats a cfl z-grip and how does it differ from a normal one?

Arstron
10-01-2006, 12:15 PM
I have a CFL Zgrip as well and have been planning on dmaking my zgrip a pneu/electro pneu frame. I have all the parts I need, just need to get around to mounting them.

As for info on the CFL mod for zgrips, scroll down the page here, it lightens them up a lot and removes a lot of aluminum to give you plenty of room to stick stuff.

http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0026.htm

don miguel
10-02-2006, 04:44 PM
does anybody sell the zgrip anymore? or was it discontinued? :confused:

Papa_Smurf
10-02-2006, 04:57 PM
I have a pneumatic z grip, i dont know if it has been done before, i am new to AO and haven't heard anything about one. i will post some pics once i get my camera back from my buddy. Once you have it milled, it has of room inside for almost anything you could think to fit in there, putting the pneumatics inside was interesting because of the angle of the grip frame but it is complete and it works, still needs some major tuning....

Pneumagger
10-02-2006, 06:10 PM
There was the frankenmag electropneumatic Zgeip some years ago... But it was highly impractical.

Lenny
10-02-2006, 06:48 PM
There was the frankenmag electropneumatic Zgeip some years ago... But it was highly impractical.
...But still very cool!

Don, yeah, they were discontinued years ago. Search button, dude. Seach button.

xecutioner
10-02-2006, 09:31 PM
I have a pneumatic z grip, i dont know if it has been done before, i am new to AO and haven't heard anything about one. i will post some pics once i get my camera back from my buddy. Once you have it milled, it has of room inside for almost anything you could think to fit in there, putting the pneumatics inside was interesting because of the angle of the grip frame but it is complete and it works, still needs some major tuning....
I would love to see some pictures of that when you can. I too have a CFL Z grip and was considering the pneu-mag option for it. :hail: :dance:

Loguzzzzzz
10-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Me too! Pics please!