PDA

View Full Version : Very slow filling Flatline

Shirow
10-01-2006, 10:16 AM
I had to get the regseat replaced in my Flatline yesterday (thanks to the guys @ Paintball Sams for doing it for me so I didn't bend the piston) and I took the opportunity to replace the fill nipple at the same time, as it wouldn't allow some air hoses to clamp on and I'd had troubles getting it filled at some fields.

Now, it fills INCREDIBLY slowly. You can hardly see the needle move up. It fills, but it takes forever.

It doesn't seem like it's wrenched in too tight. Any ideas as to what might cause this?

geekwarrior
10-01-2006, 10:51 AM
whats forever? because I always understood you were suppose to fill the kinda slow anyways, as the air heats up.

Shirow
10-01-2006, 10:53 AM
whats forever? because I always understood you were suppose to fill the kinda slow anyways, as the air heats up.

About 5x slower than it was before I replaced the nipple.

I would say right now it probably takes about a minute to a minute and a half to fill to 4500. Maybe it's not a big deal but it does seem a lot longer.

geekwarrior
10-01-2006, 10:57 AM
that doesnt seem to slow, I normally fill mine in about 30-45 seconds off my scuba. Maybe the nipple was tightened to tight, and the pin inside it can't open as much as it used to? just a thought, I dont know to much about tanks