PDA

View Full Version : OK I finaly rounded it down... help me out again please.

InfinatyBPS
12-27-2001, 08:23 PM
Ok I have rounded down my options a little.

1.Stock Matrix (http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-2400.html)
2. This Impulse (http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-8044-2.html)

Both I will get a CP lighting Drop for and an X board revvy. Thanks for your opinions.

zvanut
12-27-2001, 08:26 PM
matrix,

looks cooler and i like it better :)

PAINTBALLA01
12-27-2001, 08:29 PM
i disagree with zvaunt i like the impulse better and i think it looks cooler and i have heard the matrixes brake

zvanut
12-27-2001, 08:32 PM
wouldnt it be "break" ;)

magman007
12-27-2001, 08:53 PM
impy all the way. THat is a nice piece of work, plus it comew with an ace

El_NiNo
12-27-2001, 09:18 PM
I had a Matrix before i got my Emag and it was a really awsome gun. It has the same trigger set up as a LED angel and you can get it short enough where you can tap the side of the trigger and it will shoot. It also operates at such a low pressure, 180, you will rarely ever chop a ball. The only problem with it is that they are gas hogs. I would still go with it over a Impy.

Nino

DYE-BaLLeR
12-27-2001, 09:31 PM
each have their different pros and cons. matrix's have a ton and o rings and may be hard to maintain, but i hear they shoot nice and have the modular and switch breech feed which is nice. impys are made by a better known company, smart parts, and are very easy to understand and maintain. the tko on is very perdy and have vision.

MrRottenTreats
12-27-2001, 09:48 PM
I would go with the matrix.
Great trigger and the spool valve technology first used by the gun i shoot(nova) has proven to be reliable in the nova and other pnuematic tools.

the only downside i see is the gas guzzling

booyah
12-27-2001, 10:07 PM
you have the nicer anno, nicer milling, anti chop eye, MUCH better gas usage, one of the best regs around (max flow) and I belive the imps are lighter than the matrixs

just my opinion but the ACE would be worth it for me....

-Booyah

xmetal2001
12-27-2001, 10:13 PM
Go with the matrix. Shoots great(great trigger), very consistant and no kick.

I got mine a little while ago and i love it. You shouldn't have any problems with it as long as you keep the bolt well lubed.

Only problem is gas-efficency. With a 68-3000 tank you get about 500-550 shots(i think thats right). However you can fix that with an aardvark bolt kit. Impy efficency isn't that great either though.

With a trinity they are so low pressure that it is virtually impossible to break a ball, if the ball is not fully in the breech then the bolt will just bounce off the ball. Even without the trinity the pressure is about 180psi and is very soft on paint.

The new ones come with a centerflag reg instead of the beehive so you shouldn't have any problems running off a 800-850 psi preset.

Stock barrel isn't too bad either.

DYE-BaLLeR
12-27-2001, 10:19 PM
glad ya like it

xmetal2001
12-27-2001, 10:23 PM
ya, played with it yesterday, it shot real nice! Only problem was my new tank hadn't come yet so i was stuck with my 47/3000 :( about 300 shots off a fill:(

bsusigep18
12-28-2001, 01:45 AM
I would have to say impulse. With the ACE, you'll never chop if you have everythign setup correctly. My imp can run as low as 60psi, granted i get about 4 shots in a 68/45 (sarcasm), but imps also run on very low pressure, 180 at the max. As for the TKO impulse? Unless you're going for the pretty colors, stay away. Its just stock with some milling, and for that price you might as well get a Demonic (very very nice ;) ) or a freak factory. If you're like me, you'll upgrade any gun sooner or later, might as well save the money while you can. Or, you could just get a stock vision, get a aftermarket trigger and a few aftermarket parts and be all set. I love my demonic, i can rip on it and never worry about chopping anything. I've also never shot a matrix, so i can't saying anything bad about them. good luck, and let us know what you do! :D

FooTemps
12-28-2001, 02:57 AM
I say impy... I just like the impy more than the matrix. I think the demonic impulse would be the best choice...

FeelTheRT
12-28-2001, 08:21 AM
I'd say go for that stock E-Matrix for number of reasons. First off, Matrices are very reliable, don't listen to people who say they break. The spool valve design barely has any moving parts. If u take care of ur gun and oil it when necessary, u should be fine. Another thing, since there is very little moving parts and is very LP, this gun is also extreamly accurate and WILL NOT break any balls. If you get a LPR and set it even lower, your even able to stick ur finger in front of the bolt from the breach and it won't break urfinger. The trigger is just godly like... it's extreamly light and able to be adjusted very short, similar to an Angel trigger. They may not be very efficiant, but you can purchase a bolt mod for $150 and WILL increase ur efficiancy by 33%! That is extreamly worth it and still 3/4th cheaper than an Angel. It's the best of both worlds, it's got speed and accuracy. I'm acutally debating weither to get an E-Matrix or an Excaliber...

GL

irbodden
12-28-2001, 08:26 AM
I wasn't too impressed with any Matrix on the field, but for the price that impy is sweet. Why not get a Factory Imp with an Iframe? If your into having the "named imp" the Demonic is pretty sweet in action, and looks pretty evil in my opinion.

Why not an Emag?