PDA

View Full Version : couple little problems. could use some help

Skate And Paint
10-01-2006, 10:50 PM
sup guys, ive been having some minor things wrong with my mag (RT valve). it shoots fine..except my first shot is always like 450 fps :wow: lol then itll go back down to like 275 or whatever i want it at. why does it do that?

secondly:
if i shoot slow its fine, but if i start shootin fast its like it takes awhile to recharge....could this be because i have an lp tank? im not sure of the brand, but im pretty cure its an lp cuz its like a pmi 48/3k (i had a bulldog 68/3k but it got jacked so i bought somethin cheap) would that be my shootdown problem?

Chronobreak
10-02-2006, 08:34 AM
do you know what psi the tank is putting out?

might be time for a new reg piston

Tool-of-death
10-02-2006, 08:55 AM
sup guys, ive been having some minor things wrong with my mag (RT valve). it shoots fine..except my first shot is always like 450 fps :wow: lol then itll go back down to like 275 or whatever i want it at. why does it do that?

secondly:
if i shoot slow its fine, but if i start shootin fast its like it takes awhile to recharge....could this be because i have an lp tank? im not sure of the brand, but im pretty cure its an lp cuz its like a pmi 48/3k (i had a bulldog 68/3k but it got jacked so i bought somethin cheap) would that be my shootdown problem?

800 PSI or more is needed with a automag.....

Skate And Paint
10-02-2006, 02:02 PM
its a 48/3k tank, idk what the reg is set to. how can i find that out?

athomas
10-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Most 48-3000 tanks are 850 psi output. Your problem is a bad regulator seat oring or possibly a piece of dirt in the valve. First thing to do is give the valve a good cleaning. Replace and bad or damaged orings when you do this maintenance.

SR_matt
10-06-2006, 05:26 PM
i was going to guess that the valve's reg is letting to much air past so it probably needs to be cleaned/lubed/orings replaced. the pmi tanks are HP out put but from my and friedns experances have shown the tanks to have terrible recharge
-matt

Skate And Paint
10-08-2006, 01:58 PM
i was going to guess that the valve's reg is letting to much air past so it probably needs to be cleaned/lubed/orings replaced. the pmi tanks are HP out put but from my and friedns experances have shown the tanks to have terrible recharge
-matt

hmmm...i never thought about the fact that it could be the reg on the tank. ill have to clean that thing one of these days. its relatively new though so i hope no seals are blown. but your right.....i mean u get wat u pay for in paintball and well yea that tank was cheap.

would a dye throttle stubby or crossfire stubby be good?

egb groupie
10-08-2006, 02:39 PM
crossfire stubby FTW!

Dye throttle tanks are known to have recharge problems with Mags....

SR_matt
10-08-2006, 05:05 PM
hmmm...i never thought about the fact that it could be the reg on the tank. ill have to clean that thing one of these days. its relatively new though so i hope no seals are blown. but your right.....i mean u get wat u pay for in paintball and well yea that tank was cheap.

would a dye throttle stubby or crossfire stubby be good?
o no i menat the x-valves reg is letting air past since teh fps is spiking, my guess is that one of the seals that holds back the hp side from the lower psi steped down side has a small nick/piece of dirt on it.
-matt