PDA

View Full Version : xvalve/ ult probs..any help?

13thlegionnaireCapt
10-02-2006, 07:58 AM
ok..i recently aquired an xvalve(lvl10/ult), it shoots, but encounters shoot down and sticking open(slow to reset the on/ off....)

i have used every variation of the shims from one of them to all of them in the ult kit, and i get nothing that stops the shootdown or slow charge of on /off//

also, i need to know if the on/off assmebly is supposed to be loose after installing the shims,(not loose in valve, loose after putting the on /off assmebly together) it is able to move a bit and is kind of sloppy up and down..

ok for the silly stuff..yes i did oil the valve, yes i checked for debris etc in the valve and on/off..

any help would be great ..thanks...

back2integrity
10-02-2006, 01:01 PM
How tight do you have the thumb screw? sometimes with ULTs, you can have problems if you don't tighten the screw 1/4 turn past finger-tight.

13thlegionnaireCapt
10-02-2006, 05:57 PM
How tight do you have the thumb screw? sometimes with ULTs, you can have problems if you don't tighten the screw 1/4 turn past finger-tight.

tried it, didnt change the end result..back to the original question please..i am baffled...

13thlegionnaireCapt
10-02-2006, 06:12 PM
How many shims do you have in it?

presently 3, but i have tried every shim from just 1 to all of them in the pack in the x valve, the only thing the shims did was make the trigger more reactive, but did not take away the sticking open (shoot and then wait a bit and the trigger would click solid again) or remove the shootdown when attempting to fire a couple times in a row.. i thought possibly it was the velocity so i attempted to turn it up, and it started to leak out the back so i quickly lowered it again..

i was told it was just tuned up before i got it, but i always have wonderful luck..I actually like to tinker, just tryin to figure it out..

redmagik
10-02-2006, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=13thlegionnaireCapt]presently 3, but i have tried every shim from just 1 to all o]
I had a similar problem with a ULT kit in a ULE body. It turned out to be the ULE body was getting tweaked when I turned the thumb screws too much. I put it in another body and that solved it. Do you have a stock body and rail? It also happened with an aftermarket rail I had.

flyingpootang
10-02-2006, 11:02 PM
The ULT will be loose after installing the shims. The ULT is for tunning the trigger lightness. To tune it start with 2 shims and fire the marker, add 1 shim at a time until it goes full auto. Once it goes full auto then remove the last shim and it'll be tuned.

For your problem it is the L10 that needs to be tuned to cure your bolt stick. Start with 2 shims and the loosest fitting carrier that dosen't leak. If you get a leak when airring up your marker push on the front of the bolt with a squigee. If the leaks dosen't go away then the carrier is to loose. When changing carriers use the same oring (white). This should get your marker to fire. To tune the L10 using 2 shims place a squigee in front of your bolt about 1/4" and fire it. It should hot the bolt and then reset. If it dosen't add 1 shim at a time until it dose. Please note that by adding more than 2 shims it maybe necessary to switch to the next loosest carrier with using the same carrier o-ring (white). The shims and carrier tightness is affected by how many shims you add. Also be sure to use the short gold spring. The spring should be a little longer than the bolt when installed....

13thlegionnaireCapt
10-03-2006, 03:59 PM
thanks for all the help....that is why i love A.O..... you guys are cool people with a really helpful forum..not like other forums that beat you up for not knowing everything about a newly purchased marker..lol

i am gonna try this all tonight and hopefully i will have a beast of a marker when i am done...and with out batteries as i am trying to make the switch from electro ball to semi air powered ball..

Pneumagger
10-03-2006, 04:09 PM
every level 10 oring is different. so there are many carrier and individual oring combos that will give you a smooth fit. You want a fit that seals, but does not apply nearly any friction. Too much friction coupled with too weak of spring will hang it up everytime.

Coralis
10-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Do you have a ule body if so try backing out the ball detent ive heard that they can be screwed in to far on some of the older bodies causing bolt stick

13thlegionnaireCapt
10-03-2006, 07:13 PM
you guys are great..my bud got it going..THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP TO A OLD BUT REFOUND MAG LOVER!!!!

flyingpootang
10-04-2006, 12:05 AM
A lost sheep is always welcomed back to the flock