PDA

View Full Version : Still leaking

finnmanpa
10-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Hello everyone,

I am helping my friend with his Level 6 Automag.

I have changed all the o-rings and it still leaks out the barrel. However, it stops leaking when I pull and hold the trigger. As soon as I release the trigger it leaks again.

Could this be a worn on/off pin, or a worn sear. This is really baffling me.

Jason

13thlegionnaireCapt
10-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Hello everyone,

I am helping my friend with his Level 6 Automag.

I have changed all the o-rings and it still leaks out the barrel. However, it stops leaking when I pull and hold the trigger. As soon as I release the trigger it leaks again.

Could this be a worn on/off pin, or a worn sear. This is really baffling me.

Jason
sounds like the on / off..it stopped when you hold the trigger?

I am new to mags, but this sounds like a on off prob..i had a few of these..lol

finnmanpa
10-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Hey thanks for the reply,

One of your guys from the 13th L was at Poco Loco last Saturday. (I ref there) Nice guy. I remember you guys from NJ Nam too, I was on VC, team E-Jam Red Raiders.

Anyway, I think I'll switch my parts from my Level 7 Mag to his Level 6 one at a time to eliminate potential problems. I'll probably start with the on/off pin. Those should be compatible right?

If memory serves me the only difference between Level 6 and 7 is the power tube spacer and foamless bolt?

I'll update when fixed.

Jason

BlackHalo
10-03-2006, 10:13 AM
If you're holding the trigger down and it isn't leaking then the on\off is doing it's job.

Check the powertube O-Ring.

finnmanpa
10-03-2006, 11:09 AM
I already changed both the power tube o-rings, and the spring. Could the bolt be worn down a bit so it doesn't seal properly?

BlackHalo
10-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Which spring? The one in the powertube? I don't think L6 mags had the power tube spacer kit to size the O-ring (like Rogue said) so you might need to get a spacer kit. or you could skip a few levels and get a level10 bolt kit.

I already changed both the power tube o-rings, and the spring. Could the
bolt be worn down a bit so it doesn't seal properly?

athomas
10-06-2006, 01:08 PM
The on-off is ok if the leak stop when you hold the trigger.

You probably have a level 7 gun there. The original level 7 mags had powertube springs and foamy tipped bolts.

The problem is definately related to the powertube. If the sear is worn, then the bolt will sit farther forward and not seal against the powertube oring. The spacer kit allows you to adjust for this. You can adjust the powertube spring as well. Take it out and sand one end of it down just a bit to shorten it. If you have calipers, measure the length of the spring. Shorten it by .01".

Try replacing the bolt spring as well. If the gun is old and has been sitting around, then the bolt spring could be weak and cause bolt stick.