PDA

View Full Version : New Mag owner......need some advise

bamf-hacker
10-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Hello everyone. I have acquired an Automag in a trade and am very excited. It should be here on Friday.

These are the specs:

ULE Warp Left body, Classic Valve, Level 7 Bolt, Intelliframe, Warp Feed, Classic Rail, Benchmark Foregrip, DYE Stickies (OS)

Here is a pic:

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6185/bdb35420fg7.jpg (http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bdb35420fg7.jpg)

What are the first things I should do to it? Mods, changes, etc...

Glad to be part of the Mag Family!!!

Remagk
10-03-2006, 12:08 AM
I would said go for LvX to eliminate the chop.

Pneumagger
10-03-2006, 01:22 AM
see what you like. A used xvalve is always a solid upgrade. followed closely by a pneuframe ;)

bamf-hacker
10-03-2006, 08:08 AM
OK I have heard about and read about the L10 bolt. I have found it in a few places but do I need the L10 Bolt and Valve? Does the L10 bolt work alone or do you need both for it to work.

Is it true that the L10 wont chop a ball? Also I have read that the Mag is super easy to clean, just keep the marker pressurized and hose it off, then fire a few times, put some oil in the ASA and fire a few more times and you are good to go. Is that the case, and if not what other things do I need to do. I am not a PB noob, just a Mag noob :) (but not for long ;))

And, I cant play with it yet, I need to do the Intellefeed mod first. As of now the sensor in the Warp does not work.

Pneumagger
10-03-2006, 08:38 AM
If you are just running a classic valve with the warp feeding 12+ BPS, you shouldn't run into chopping issure. You can even upgrade the warp cheaply to output more BPS. However the Level 10 does stop a vast majority of chops. It is by and far the best upgrade IMO. Next on your list should be a retro valve or Xvlave if you feel the need for for reactivity. The level 10 works on all valves.

bamf-hacker
10-03-2006, 08:50 AM
If you are just running a classic valve with the warp feeding 12+ BPS, you shouldn't run into chopping issure. You can even upgrade the warp cheaply to output more BPS. However the Level 10 does stop a vast majority of chops. It is by and far the best upgrade IMO. Next on your list should be a retro valve or Xvlave if you feel the need for for reactivity. The level 10 works on all valves.

The Warp has already been modified to feed faster. It has the 12v mod so I am guessing it should feed about 20bps ish...

I am not about speed during games, most places are capped at 15bps anyway. What I want is consistency and reliability. If the L10 will keep the chops down and keep me running then I will do that.

So what you are saying is the X-Valve will just add a reactive type trigger to the Mag? Nothing else?

Also I am pretty sure it can, but the Mag I am getting runs on HPA right?

geekwarrior
10-03-2006, 09:08 AM
The Warp has already been modified to feed faster. It has the 12v mod so I am guessing it should feed about 20bps ish...

I am not about speed during games, most places are capped at 15bps anyway. What I want is consistency and reliability. If the L10 will keep the chops down and keep me running then I will do that.

So what you are saying is the X-Valve will just add a reactive type trigger to the Mag? Nothing else?

Also I am pretty sure it can, but the Mag I am getting runs on HPA right?

the x-valve is lighter and yes, adds reactivity. Do a search for the pnuemag, that is an awsome upgrade too.

And it's recommended to run the mag on HPA, in fact, you can ONLY run it on HPA if you have an xvalve.

Heres a link to some mods you can do mods (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1296871)

Welcome to AO. :cheers:

bamf-hacker
10-03-2006, 09:51 AM
the x-valve is lighter and yes, adds reactivity. Do a search for the pnuemag, that is an awsome upgrade too.

And it's recommended to run the mag on HPA, in fact, you can ONLY run it on HPA if you have an xvalve.

Heres a link to some mods you can do mods (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1296871)

Welcome to AO. :cheers:

Thanks for the welcome.

I am reading that thread now, thanks for the link.