PDA

View Full Version : how come ppl havn't thought of it??

gunner472
10-04-2006, 07:03 PM
I havn't paintballed in a long time, but as I came back on to check out the scene I couldn't beleive that noone, (not even some paint-tech-wiz), has started making custom orders for pnuemags

why? this is the best way for some paintballer to make money just by knowing how to make a pnuemag and making good ones like "pnuemagger" cept he doesn't custom order them
anyways thinkin bout gettin back on the scene and pnuemags seem to be the new thing

buzzboy
10-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Patent enfringement is a bad thing.

Just search for something like patent, hAir trigger and the like. There is a thread about the legal issues behind why people don't make and sell pneumags. The Deadly Wind hAir trigger has the patent and now it can't be done. :cry:

Chronobreak
10-04-2006, 07:20 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202315&highlight=ptp

apparently both ptp and DW have seperate pneu patents, perhaps ony a PO inspecter could tell the differences or explain them.

the thread is a long in depth attempt at an explanation.

fact is NO one yet has a comemrcial pneumag, although some people or organizations claim they are in the process of building them... :rolleyes: ......

.. :D

....... :ninja:

warbeak2099
10-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Pneumagger does conversions doesn't he? That's the closest thing you're gonna get to a production pneumag. Buy the parts and have Pneumagger do it.

Chronobreak
10-04-2006, 07:32 PM
and if somone ( you guys know who you are) want to argue, please use one of the previous threads to do it.

no cheapshots ;)

Lenny
10-04-2006, 10:03 PM
I have personally seen, fired, and been eliminated by Pneumagger's works and I must say they are quality at it's highest! I have no doubt a "professional" pneu assambly would woop ***, but Pneumagger's works are undeserving of any title below professional as well.

Aside from being an Automag fanboy, I'm also a Pneumagger fanboy. :D I just cannot stop praising his works. I know I've been saying this for a while, but I plan on having a pneu job done by him.

If you really want a good, high quality pneu conversion from a highly respectable man, I definately recommend him.

:headbang:

Pneumagger
10-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the kind words. But you must call things as they are. Just because a Kit Kat bar tastes better than a ceasar salad doesn't make it a meal.

I like to take my time on things and make them work like I would want them to work for myself, that's all. I just spent some time on my own guns, had alot of fun doing it, and got confident enough at to not to mess up someone else's gun. I figure I could help people get something like the hAir frame that may never see the light of day. I've been drooling over for a long time them, and around last chritmas I got sick of waiting...simple as that. Considering the time spent on each marker, I would hardly call it worthwhile for me. I just really enjoy the tinkering. I also enjoy passing on what I've read and found out for myself to other's who are doing thier own markers just as much as making them. Most tinkerer's know what I'm talking about... infact check this thread out to see what I mean: Shameless Plug (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=204078)

After looking at the patent info in depth, and speaking with some real professionals... I realize my frame will never be as intricate or "professional" as the real PTP or hAir frame. However, it works well, reliably, and can fire faster than is needed for people. So for me, that's good enough and I've never had a person complain. Each frame is a little different and specific to each mag - limiting interchangability and "standards". So calling it a professional frame is a long shot. Believe me... I want a professional frame, and will get one someday when lawyers stop whining.

Lenny
10-04-2006, 11:38 PM
What I'm saying is your work is professional grade. Really high quality. Whether or not it virtually compares to the hype of the others is not to be decided by me, but I would definately consider your work professional.

And who says you can't make a meal out of Kit-Kats? Shoot, I've made meals out of condiments before (DON'T chug soy sauce! Very bad!)! :cool:

P.S. - We need to organize an AO Ohio day. You, me, Behemoth (Josh?), Neppo, and anyone else in the heartland. Splat was just way too much fun!

mobsterboy
10-05-2006, 12:13 AM
and if somone ( you guys know who you are) want to argue, please use one of the previous threads to do it.

no cheapshots ;)
cough cough rrfireblade cough cough
/i have a sore throat :D