PDA

View Full Version : 6pak

Apple_Pie
10-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Does anyone happen to have a 6pak animation, or a video of it functioning. Or in great detail explain to me how it works.

Ive attempted to search for my answer, with no luck.

NewbieMagMan10988
10-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Lets see..

IIRC, which I may not,

Six 12g's sit in a spring fed magaazine, not unlike a rifle magazine. A lever, when pulled down, ejectes the current 12g, and when pushed back up, loads a new one, seals and breaks it, ready for use. Idea beeing you could load 6 12g's before "reloading".

The whole kit screwed into an ASA.

I think it worked much like the lever change Micro CA II (which I have and am basing this post on).

let me know how wrong i am,

Mike

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
10-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Suprised that the return to pump has spawned a return of this by AGD. But then theres the marketing issue.

Muzikman
10-05-2006, 03:14 AM
I'll try and explain it in detail.

The 6-Pak+ can hold 6 CO2 12 grams (5 in the "magazine" and 1 "chambered").

Inside the "magazine" is a spring with a flat piece of metal on top applying vertical (pushing up) pressure on the 12 grams.

There is a lever on the side that when pulled open allows the 12 gram in the "champer" to release and the 12grams under it push it up into a space above the chamber. The spent 12 gram releases the remaining CO2. The 12 gram below it is now in the "chamber".

When the lever is pushed back in a small wheel on it slides the 12gram in the "chamber" forward where a puncture pin opens the front of the 12gram. The small wheel on the lever holds the 12 gram forward. At the same time, the lever pushes the spent 12 gram out the side.

There is a space in the back of the magazine where you can insert new 12 grams. You usually have to add more when there is 2 or better yet 3 12 grams left in the "Magazine". If there is not at least 2 in there it's hard to get a new one in as the spring no longer wants to push down.

That is about the best I can do. Once you actually use one you realize it's a simple operation.

MoeMag
10-05-2006, 03:19 AM
WOW!

I just figured that they all were sitting in there punctured running a serries like.
THATS AWSOME that they work like a bolt action.
:headbang:

EDIT:
Okay I will say it again Thats awsome!
AGD... Make some more! I want one. It wouldnt hurt the original ones value if you made sure the serial #'s or markings were diffrent. but hey what am I dreaming.

ahellers
10-05-2006, 03:27 AM
man it would just be awsome if AGD made a packaged marker with a proclassic, pump kit and 6 pack.
I know I would buy one.
t

pump
10-05-2006, 05:02 AM
i would rather use a ACI turrent....eaiser to reload or a Micro CA...even better a Line SI changer
i would even consider trading my 6-pack for a perfect one

AGD
10-05-2006, 07:15 PM
To add a little more detail,

When you opened the lever, the live cartridge blew backwards and then the spring loaded 12 grams below pushed it up into the "roof" where it stays and degasses. The formerly live 12 gram is now in position ABOVE the live chamber where a fresh 12 gram is sitting waiting for the lever to close.

When you close the lever, it pushes the chambered 12 gram forward and holds it in place while a kick bar attached to the lever pushes the top dead cartridge out from under the roof and ejects it fully from the 6pak. The last part of the lever stroke punctures the new co2.

I had to think about it a minute after reading Muz's rendition.

AGD

shives007
10-05-2006, 07:30 PM
I have found that if there is a fair amount of gas left in a 12 when you change, it will shoot off behind you. Don't stand over the shoulder of someone using a 6-Pack.

Tom: How many leftie models were made? I got hold of one, good for me. My Piranha loves it. All I ever see are right handed models.

Shives

Apple_Pie
10-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the help guys. The info is being put to good use.

pump
10-05-2006, 07:56 PM
oh and if you break your spring...youll cry....for a long time :cry:

SR_matt
10-05-2006, 08:18 PM
oh and if you break your spring...youll cry....for a long time :cry:
time to convert it into a pneumatic assist 6 pack,

hmm thad be hot, 6 loaded, 1 to power, hit a button and it would do the back pull release the button and it would return the "lever".

wow i need to stop thinking of crazy complicated ways to do simple tasks... but every thing needs a pneupatics kit in it ;)
-matt

ahellers
10-05-2006, 09:02 PM
time to convert it into a pneumatic assist 6 pack,

hmm thad be hot, 6 loaded, 1 to power, hit a button and it would do the back pull release the button and it would return the "lever".

wow i need to stop thinking of crazy complicated ways to do simple tasks... but every thing needs a pneupatics kit in it ;)
-matt

just wow.
t

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
10-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Personaly if the 6pak was introduced again I'd change the name. A 6pak sounds like your going to the corner store and picking up a 6er of blatz.

One if you could make the 6pak into a semi reload style once it reachs say the 12 ball it auto ejects and reloads the next, some sort of custom project for you pneumatic devil dogs.

Muzikman
10-06-2006, 06:32 AM
I have found that if there is a fair amount of gas left in a 12 when you change, it will shoot off behind you. Don't stand over the shoulder of someone using a 6-Pack.

Tom: How many leftie models were made? I got hold of one, good for me. My Piranha loves it. All I ever see are right handed models.

Shives

Yeah, it's actually fun to change out a full 12 gram really fast and watch it take off like a rocket. :)

hitech
10-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah, it's actually fun to change out a full 12 gram really fast and watch it take off like a rocket. :)
Yeah, it also helped get rid of that pesky ref that would hover over you giving your position away. :wow: