PDA

View Full Version : Dog the Bounty Hunter & Pepperballs

Skoad
10-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Saw on a commercial for a new episode Dog and crew uses the A5 and some kind of pistol, looks like an armotech, with pepperballs(or some variant). I only catch an episode every once in a while so I don't know what day/time its on. just a heads up ;)

CKY_Alliance
10-05-2006, 05:26 PM
I was at work, my team mate works with me, and i was in the parking lot and i had to grab a marker out of his truck(i was taking it 5ft and putting it in mine), well right as i did the cop pulled up..and stopped i was like oh **** here we go...anyway ended up being one of the cool cops..and i showed him and told him how it can shoot like 20+ bps and all that good stuff and he was like, "ye i dont have it with me but we use tippmans for pepperballs" so ye..idk..thought id add that

-Tab
10-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Saw on a commercial for a new episode Dog and crew uses the A5 and some kind of pistol, looks like an armotech, with pepperballs(or some variant). I only catch an episode every once in a while so I don't know what day/time its on. just a heads up ;)

I watched a show on the History Channel about non-lethal weapons, pepper-balls being one of them.

I think I might buy some to use against all the cheaters at our field. :ninja:

ahellers
10-05-2006, 06:32 PM
I think I might buy some to use against all the cheaters at our field. :ninja:

try paintballs filled with deer pee. they sell them at a field up here.
t

TheGrindPunk
10-05-2006, 07:20 PM
I haven't watched Dog in a while, but I got to see the commercial lastnight. I always thought he needed more than that can of mace. This is definately a cool addition..... I'll probably make more of an effort to watch now. Turns out that the pistol Dog is using is called the SA-10 made by pepperball technologies, as so is the "rifle" that Leeland is using called the TAC700 (which is technically a modified A5). Info here http://www.pepperball.com/home_a.asp

Lets just hope that the american government doesn't kowtow to the mexican authorities and extradite him. :cuss:

Jaan
10-05-2006, 08:01 PM
try paintballs filled with deer pee. they sell them at a field up here.
tI used to have a pistol called a DSDS, which stood for "Dave's Scent Delivery System" and was originally marketed to hunters. You would presumably sit in your tree stand and fire scent balls where you wish to lure the deer. The point was to not contaminate the area with human scent.

Marroonblooded
10-06-2006, 12:13 AM
as far as methods of torture/ " I give up, please stop that" devices for catching criminals.... super soakers filled with pee... a'nuff said...

coop out!

hipster
10-06-2006, 07:55 AM
I know that police are not allowed to use them for crowd control in mass any more since they killed that girl in boston last winter by shooting her in the eye at close range

don miguel
10-09-2006, 10:48 AM
I just saw that episode and I think he used an armortech zeus g1+ (in black)
http://www.pbreview.com/productpics/?action=view&photo=3090&product=3651
and two handy dandy a5's. HOW COOL WOULD IT HAVE BEEN IF HE HAD A TACH ONE LONGBOW KIT! (if I was a pro bounty hunter, thats what I would use. :ninja:

warpfeedmod
10-09-2006, 10:58 AM
I know that police are not allowed to use them for crowd control in mass any more since they killed that girl in boston last winter by shooting her in the eye at close range

They're trained to shoot center-mass and at the feet, the fact she was shot in the face was either a mistake/accident or whatever, but I believe she died as a result of complications with a reaction she had to the "pepper" or whatever they fill those with. Essentially an allergic reaction that caused her airways to close up.

Granted that doesn't give the police/riot patrol a right to shoot at the head, but I don't think all the blame was put on the law enforcement.

rkjunior303
10-09-2006, 12:25 PM
They're trained to shoot center-mass and at the feet, the fact she was shot in the face was either a mistake/accident or whatever, but I believe she died as a result of complications with a reaction she had to the "pepper" or whatever they fill those with. Essentially an allergic reaction that caused her airways to close up.

Granted that doesn't give the police/riot patrol a right to shoot at the head, but I don't think all the blame was put on the law enforcement.

It was a freak shot but she was shot square in the eye. The shot to the eye killed her. There was another kid shot in the cheek, who was climbing the monster on fenway park - it tore through his cheek.

CKY_Alliance
10-09-2006, 01:53 PM
It was a freak shot but she was shot square in the eye. The shot to the eye killed her. There was another kid shot in the cheek, who was climbing the monster on fenway park - it tore through his cheek.

WHAT..wow..i wonder if they chrono the markers before they use them..Anyone know? if so what FPS? If not ill ask the cop at the theatre i work at.

-Tab
10-09-2006, 04:34 PM

If I'm part of riot control trying to control kids who are starting things on fire, beating people mercilessly, etcetera, I would have no problem aiming for the head. I might not aim for the face and eyes, but I really wouldn't feel sorry for anyone that's part of that riot.

kenndogg
10-09-2006, 09:06 PM
I doubt that they chronoed, just turn that sucker up and let it rip.

Steelrat
10-09-2006, 09:13 PM

She was shot with an FN 303 (the one AGD designed) not a pepperball gun. Take a look at the 303 ammo, it's much more substantial than a pepperball round.

paint magnet
10-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Isn't FN-303 ammo conically shaped?

Steelrat
10-09-2006, 09:34 PM
http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/images/303_ammo_indelible.jpg

rkjunior303
10-09-2006, 10:08 PM
She was shot with an FN 303 (the one AGD designed) not a pepperball gun. Take a look at the 303 ammo, it's much more substantial than a pepperball round.

you're right. all i saw was the discussion of victoria being killed in boston... i didn't even put 2 and 2 together lol.