PDA

View Full Version : Badlandz Big Game

Mr.Danger
10-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Anyone in the Chicago-land/Illinois/Indiana area going to make to Badlandz this weekend, Big Game, Swapmeet, or otherwise ?

91Foxtrot
10-05-2006, 06:44 PM
I'll probably try to head out there on Saturday. I have a case of paint that I bought at the beginning of the year but I haven't been back to use it up. I'll probably be switching between Automag and pump-o-cocker.

O the glorious pump!

fire1811
10-05-2006, 08:40 PM
I might venture out there.

tribalman
10-06-2006, 01:35 AM
i'll be there on saturday. i'll be using either my warped (left incase others are there using a warp) emag, my tac one, or my trilogy or ion. look for 2 guys wearing rasta hats. one will be me, one will be my friend. i think he is going to use his xmag. we may also have an AO flag for people to gather at. try and find me at the field!

Gunga
10-06-2006, 09:21 AM
I should be there using either my warped E-mag or pump Mag. Or if I remember to get some CO2 powerlets, my Splatmaster. :D

Mr.Danger
10-06-2006, 09:01 PM
I'll be there either Saturday or Sunday, and I'll probably be running my phantom. I'll definitely watch for the AGD flag. Will AO be playing Axis or Alies for this event ? See you on the field.

tribalman
10-09-2006, 02:20 AM
well, we couldn't find the the AO flag, and i was using the emag for a short time. the warp was working, but the paint was kinda....um... oblong. the hat got pulled off and i was too lazy to look for it. i managed to find one person with a warped mag there also, if you see this i'm sorry i don't remember your name. i have a horrible memory when i'm very tired. i was on the allied side, not sure about everybody else.

so, it's now monday, LETS HEAR THE STORIES!
since i only had a few hours to play cause i got there around noon (darn car!) i pretty much just ran in (i payed and all that jazz) and went with people to assult the base to the right of the parking lot, further away than Window. after that i just went off and wandered away on my own, like i said, short time to play and i'm not holding no darn base! off i went. found a few refs, said hi and kept walking toward the other side, by fort where the two line meet. [for those who don't know the Badlands their general field layout looks like the letter "L". i started at the top of the L and then headed down, there is a fort where the vertical line and horizontal line meet.] so as i'm walking i see some red armbands to my left, well not armband, duct tape, and since i'm grey i'm being cautious. i see more comming up so i decided to try and play my self off as one of them, but they don't see me so i keep walking back into their territory. more players, more pretending. i finally think i'm in an area where i can fight and actually win. i aproach a player, "hey what's up" all that stuff and he never asks what team i'm on, so game on! i go right next to him and say "hey, you know where they are?" wait for a responce and say "oh, by the way, your out, barrel tag" and proceed to shoot a few others around me. i got a few out, took cover and i was in a 3vs 1 when the worst happens, the mag locks up :mad: . oh well, i got a barrel tag, i was happy about that. later in the day was just spent where the big fights were at and just general paint flinging, i don't want no oval paint! i had a good time, but there was a lot of cheating on both sides, lots of wiping, lots of people turning up FPS. no way wood should splinter at that range. oh well, just the way it's played at badlands.

lets hear your stories!