PDA

View Full Version : Emag consistency probs

Spaz100
10-08-2006, 08:50 PM
i have an emag thats having the extreme problem of dropping off pressure the faster i shoot.

i can shoot slowly with one finger and it will be just fine, but when i walk it, the first couple balls will shoot as far as they should, but the next few ones will always shoot balls so they barely go out of the barrel or break.

i dont really know what the problem is because i have the fps turned up to around 300, i rebuilt the whole valve, and i even replaced the reg piston in it. the lvlx seems tuned fine too, so i really dont know what the problem is.

its kinda embarrasing because i cant even shoot the damn thing more than 6bps

KC
10-08-2006, 09:02 PM
What is the output pressure of the tank?

What on/off is in your emag?

Did you buy or build this emag?

Spaz100
10-08-2006, 10:17 PM
What is the output pressure of the tank?

What on/off is in your emag?

Did you buy or build this emag?

its a high pressure output tank, so its around 800psi

i have the emag on/off

i built this mag

KC
10-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Is this a problem is manual mode also or just E?

phizz
10-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Try unscrewing the tank a little bit from the asa, I had a tank that I could never tighten up into the asa because if I did it would starve something to do with the pin being pushed in too far I think.

Spaz100
10-09-2006, 10:55 PM
its in e-mode. i cant use manual cause i have a tunablade and i messed with the sear so it would work properly.

i have an asa with an on/off. so i can screw the tank in all the way, then screw in the other knob to turn it on. i usually only turn it on just enough to give it pressure, then another 1/2 turn. this has been a problem for the last two games i've played.

athomas
10-10-2006, 07:49 AM
Take the valve apart and give it a good cleaning. Its possible a piece of dirt is causing your grief.

You should be able to set your tunablade trigger so that it will fire in both emode and manual.

Spaz100
10-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Take the valve apart and give it a good cleaning. Its possible a piece of dirt is causing your grief.

You should be able to set your tunablade trigger so that it will fire in both emode and manual.

i had to turn the sear pin so it would go back, because in order to fire the gun i had to push the pin back slightly making it a harder pull and not a true electronic pull.

i'll try taking it apart tho, are there any things i should be doing in the reg to check for, clean, or lube again to make sure its working right?

athomas
10-10-2006, 03:34 PM
i had to turn the sear pin so it would go back, because in order to fire the gun i had to push the pin back slightly making it a harder pull and not a true electronic pull.

i'll try taking it apart tho, are there any things i should be doing in the reg to check for, clean, or lube again to make sure its working right?

Just clean all the surfaces and orings. Use a clean, lint free cloth.

You can re-adjust the trigger rod to work in both modes. First, lengthen the trigger rod enough so that the gun fires consistently in manual mode. Then, adjust the trigger stop so that it prevents the back of the trigger from hitting the trigger rod while in electronic mode. Next, adjust the trigger magnet to fire the gun electronically before contacting the trigger stop. This trigger allows all of the emag modes to function.

Shirow
10-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Try unscrewing your tank a quarter turn also.

Spaz100
10-10-2006, 11:39 PM
oh, the reg spring in the back, could i just clean it off and use red-axle grease on it or no?

SR_matt
10-11-2006, 04:31 PM
its in e-mode. i cant use manual cause i have a tunablade and i messed with the sear so it would work properly.

i have an asa with an on/off. so i can screw the tank in all the way, then screw in the other knob to turn it on. i usually only turn it on just enough to give it pressure, then another 1/2 turn. this has been a problem for the last two games i've played.

i dont understand why you only turn ur on off a half turn more than what releases air? did u have problems with the tank being choked before by turing it on all the way?

also may i ask what tank and asa onoff you are using?
-matt

Dark Frost17
10-11-2006, 04:46 PM
i dont understand why you only turn ur on off a half turn more than what releases air? did u have problems with the tank being choked before by turing it on all the way?

also may i ask what tank and asa onoff you are using?
-matt

sum asa when you turn the nob to turn it on it pushes the pin in and also sometimes to far in and cuts the air of or slows it down...

whats spring are you using?

Spaz100
10-11-2006, 09:40 PM
i'm using an evil asa. i turn it in only 1/2 a turn because if you turn it in too far it blocks off airflow.

i'm using the red spring on the lvl x

with my asa, you turn in your tank all the way, then you turn in the knob until it activates the tank, i turn it until the tank activates, then another 1/2 turn.

Spaz100
10-13-2006, 12:52 PM
oh, the reg spring in the back, could i just clean it off and use red-axle grease on it or no?

so can i do it? i took the reg half of my valve apart and noticed the springs are kinda dry

athomas
10-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Grease it slightly just to keep it from rusting. It doesn't need lubrication other than that.