PDA

View Full Version : On Off Idea

pump
10-08-2006, 11:54 PM
the On Off Spacer its basically like a Sherdian style valve...and from my previous expierence with valve testing any volume around the valve like the valve on the left will result in a lower FPS over the valve on the right
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~koa/stuff/ValveTop.jpg

maybe because it takes a longer time for the air to fill the volume around the valve
im not too sure why...i think it might also be the lack of laminer flow.....someone smart tell me why

So what if the RT On Off didnt have the latheing around the outside and the Extra holes, but a single hole with maybe an angled or curved port? Would it provide a higher ROF?

Chronobreak
10-09-2006, 04:04 PM
im not good with phyics but il give it a shot

looks liket he one on the left with more air room has a lower psi but more volume.

HP works with low volume and high psi

so it works with the RT in the tiny air passages, but with the poppet type marker due to its operation they can get away with the slower recharge.

but without proper testing i or you likely have no way of figureing out the exact advantages/disadvantages.

i would gess the valve on the elft is a bad chocie since they are nearly non existent.

pump
10-09-2006, 04:40 PM
yeah...but so is the one on the right, both old styles with REALLY small ports

with the only difference being that latheing around the left valve

so would you think the same concept would apply to Mag On Off Spacers?

Chronobreak
10-09-2006, 04:49 PM
no it wouldnt apply since mags use higher pressures at lower volumes.

not lower pressure at higher volumes(like the poppets pictured)

basicly it appears the mod would only increase cycle/dwell time, and not improve efficiency, perhaps it would make it worse

pump
10-09-2006, 04:50 PM
these valves run on Unregged CO2 with the same results as when i use a reg

oh yeah and i tested both valve with the same springs and PSIs
the one on the left is 50 fps slower than the one on the right