PDA

View Full Version : RT problem and story.

SocialD
10-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Since the problem is fixed, I didn't feel that this belonged the the TECH section.

So, I'm taking my nephew to play as payment for babysitting my daughter a couple of months ago. He and I are going through my equiptment to get everything ready to go to the field. My plan is to let him use my classic RT that I bought in the spring of '98. I'm telling him that it might be a little old, but it is a good marker that hasn't ever given me a problem. I go to gas it up and nothing. I quickly remember that I disassembled everything, cleaned and lubed the marker top to bottom, something that I have never done to this marker. So, I crank up the regulator and nothing.

OK, so it has been sitting for a while since the last time that I played. I take it back apart and put a little oil in the valve and in the on/off. Still, nothing. After some testing I realize that gas isn't getting to the valve.

Suddenly I remember that I moved the air connection to a different port. I take the rail apart to find that the hole that connects the different ports to the banjo bolt hole isn't drilled deep enough. So, I move the fitting, gas it back up, and we're back in business. :clap:

The RT functioned flawlessly all day. :shooting:

don miguel
10-09-2006, 01:35 PM
nice story. do you have a question or something? :confused:

eNder159
10-09-2006, 01:43 PM
i think he just wanted to share...otherwise he woldve probably posted on the tech forum

SocialD
10-09-2006, 09:49 PM
i think he just wanted to share...otherwise he woldve probably posted on the tech forum

Correct. Problem is fixed! Just wanted to share that the Classic RT can't be stopped....unless you can't get air to the valve. :rofl: