PDA

View Full Version : Pump Mag breaking paint and semi

robbieisurfriend
10-09-2006, 11:38 AM
My pump mag is breaking paint like crazy. I was told by a fellow mag owner that my bolt looked like it was a little bit forward from where it should be. It is not a paint problem, trust me. The paint i was using shoots fine in my other guns and will sometimes bounce off of trees :(. This is my first mag and i havent even had it completely apart yet. It also shoots semi alot of the time which is quite frustrating. The wave spring is in good shape and the mainspring is new. Can i clip the mainspring or replace it with a lighter one. I am not worried about commiting it to being a pump. any help would be wonderful, beautiful, and terrific. thanks

PumpMag
10-11-2006, 02:40 AM
Don't clip anything. Is your body a standard or powerfeed? First check to make sure that your barrel is turned all the way and locked in so that balls drop into the breach completely. Make sure your paint is not old or the paint bore size is not larger than the barrel breach hole. If paintballs don't drop smoothly in the breach, you will chop paint.

Walrus
10-11-2006, 08:46 AM
There have also been problems with using the wire ball detents instead of the newer plastic ones. Sometimes these would cut the ball and it would appear that the ball was being chopped or breaking in the barrel. Where is the majority of the paint showing up in your gun...in the breech or down the barrel?

Also, you may want to find a spacer kit to help with the Mag going Semi instead of staying in pump mode. I am not sure of the size, but since you rely on bolt-stick for the pump to work, it could be that you don't have the right spacer in the power tube.

robbieisurfriend
10-11-2006, 03:59 PM
i aired it up and shot a hunred balls or so in my back yard and didnt bust a ball. I guess it was just a freak accident on the field and i wasnt in the mood to deal with it. Where can i find the powertube spacer kits? What are some other things that i can do to make it stay pump and maybe even reduce the sound of the springs fighting each other (farting). thanks for the suggestions

PumpMag
10-13-2006, 12:13 AM
2 parts that wear out that have caused my pump to shoot intermittent semi are the bolt and sear. After I replaced them, which restored the gun to shooting pump. I've had leaks coming out of the powertube when using an aftermarket ANS bolt. To stop the leaks, buy a spacer kit. All original parts (except pump parts) are still available from Airgun Designs. Also change all your soft parts, orings, etc and add a few drops of paintball marker oil in the ASA to lubricate your internals before you screw in your tank. The best thing about Automags are how easy they are to maintain and fix. I'm hooked on pump play and seldom shoot semi these days. Check out the recent Nov 2006 Action Pursuit Games Magazine, there's a pic of me firing my PumpMag at the Old School Challenge on page 131.