PDA

View Full Version : 68 automag / minimag 1 mm trigger....

drx975
12-28-2001, 12:21 AM
If you have ever put the safety on on your automag before and tried pulling the trigger, you might notice that the trigger actually moves about 1 millimeter, even though the safety is on (works better if the safety is on half-way, then you can wiggle the trigger a little more, but so that the safety doesn't release). Anyway, technically, you should be able to increase the length of the trigger rod so much that you only need that 1 millimeter to fire the gun. If you fool with the gun for awhile and get the rod the right length so that the bolt will release on a pull as short as 1 millimeter, but on the release of the trigger, the sear will catch the bolt, you can actually put the safety on halfway and use it as a trigger stop. It works for me, but Im putting this up so that people can try it and let me know whether or not it works for them, and if any experienced players know what damaging effects this could have on the gun/trigger assembly. email - dr975@yahoo.com

drx975

Chris
12-28-2001, 12:38 AM
This does work, but it is very short lived and you will have problems with your guns timing. The on/off pin will not open and close fully, the sear will only catch the very edge of the bolt. You will wear out the sear and bolt much quicker, experience more severe shootdown and overall decrease the reliability of the mag. You should adjust your sear rod only till there is an air gap between the rod and the trigger itself when the gun is gassed up. You need space to ensure that the on/off is going through a full cycle.

-Chris

drx975
12-28-2001, 01:59 AM
Yeah, I was seeing that on/off business too and it seemed too good to be true. When I tried this, my tank was almost empty. So i dry-fired once, then 5 times in a row. Then my gun hissed and wouldn't fire again even after I disconnected the air. Naturally, as the tank seemed totally empty to start with, I thought that it was just the tank. Guess not. Thanx for the advice.

If anyone knows a reliable place where I can get a trigger stop installed, please let me know...im dying for one...

drx975

Miscue
12-28-2001, 12:21 PM
Bad Monkey. Don't touch trigger rod. :p

drx975
12-28-2001, 04:20 PM
I put it back today. :cool:

SoupRman
12-28-2001, 07:00 PM
if anyone else does this, make sure your safety does work. we don't want anyone getting shot accidently. and always put protection on your barrel! :D

drx975
12-28-2001, 08:23 PM
Sorry, the safety will not work anymore after you do this. After reading a lot I have found that you just shouldn't mess with your gun anyway, at least a 'Mag. Buy an intelliframe, keep the velocity low at 280fps (higher velocity = harder trigger) and get the retro valve. These should get you trigger at its best.
A superbolt should help with the recoil (ultimately the aim) and I have heard that it shoots the ball straighter too.

SoupRman
12-28-2001, 08:26 PM
intelli or z-grip.. whichever one :) heh.. i never messed with the trigger rod before, but since my mag is a year-old now i think it needs a parts kit. just some maintenance :)