PDA

View Full Version : automag leak

thehunter
10-09-2006, 12:24 PM
i just recently bought a 68 automag classic from craigslist and wen i put the nitro in, the air leaked out of the bolt. any ideas on how i can fix that.

robertsr1811
10-09-2006, 01:53 PM
i just recently bought a 68 automag classic from craigslist and wen i put the nitro in, the air leaked out of the bolt. any ideas on how i can fix that.

Run oil though the system. In the words of a paintball pioneer, "It's probably dry as a popcorn fart in there."

thehunter
10-09-2006, 05:09 PM
i oiled it up and it had the same result. i noticed wen i held the trigger down half way the leak stopped but if i let go of the trigger or pressed it all the way down it would start to leak agian. i dont know much about mags, r there any other bolts i can buy that will replace the bolt i have now.

flyingpootang
10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Itīs best to stay with the stock L7 bolt they last forever.

If you air the marker up and it leaks press on the bolt with a squigee. If it stops check the powertube o-ring. If it dosenīt stop inspect the on/off o-rings. Posting pics would help of everything taken apart to tell what kind of bolt you have and if your power tube has spacers or a spring...

thehunter
10-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Itīs best to stay with the stock L7 bolt they last forever.

If you air the marker up and it leaks press on the bolt with a squigee. If it stops check the powertube o-ring. If it dosenīt stop inspect the on/off o-rings. Posting pics would help of everything taken apart to tell what kind of bolt you have and if your power tube has spacers or a spring...

if i buy a level 10 bolt would this solve the problem

rb211
10-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Change our power tube o-ring

thehunter
10-16-2006, 09:05 PM
i dont want this gun anymore i dont have enough money right now to fix it up but if u do have enough money and want to try to fix it(needs new bolt or o-rings) email me at or just post a comment and we will talk about the price

comes with 14 inch barrel and expansion chamber
hurricane bolt which is a level higher than the stock bolt

Warning! Your email address is racist in nature. We dont like that kind of stuff around here. I deleted it for you. Pick another please.

Ir0nExpress
10-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Keep the mag, IMO, I had a screwy one and sold it, but later I had time to fix it and I regret selling the first one (I got it for a good price too). Once you fix it, you never need to fix it ever again.

thehunter
10-19-2006, 05:54 PM
im just gonna buy the level 10. is it worth getting it

rb211
10-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Very much worth it. You will have to tune it, but I found that quite easy.

jester_s1
10-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Buy the L10 if you want it, but all the bolts in the world won't make a 10 cent oring start sealing again. All you need is to replace the powertube oring.

rb211
10-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Buying the level 10 will replace to power tube o-ring, as well as eliminating chopping paint after it's tuned. As I said, worth it.

thehunter
10-24-2006, 07:00 PM
im gonna buy the level ten a new body and an expansion chamber and a new barrel, hopefully after that it will work. if u know any good websites or anything where i can get these for cheap please let me know thanks.

if some1 still wants to buy it i will sell it to them

don miguel
10-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Actionvillage has good priced AGD parts, a good 10-30% cheaper than airgun.com. I bought my lvl 10 from them for 66$ instead of from aigun.com wich is 88$. But airgun.com does sell essentials like orings and specific parts.EDIT: actionvillage.com sells the MM/AM (minimag/automag) oring kit now, so even better for you. The lvl10 bolt won't solve anything unless you install it right. It didn't solve my problems, I just ended up 66$ poorer and frustrated, with a lvl7. Mabe I will fix it one day. Good luck. Oh yeah use the directions on automags.org if you do buy lvl10 and need to install it. They are clearer. :cheers: