PDA

View Full Version : What are the differences in mags?

flyboy
10-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Ok, Im fairly new to mags - currently have an emag with a predator board.

I see them refered to by all sorts of diff names. Is there a doc some where that explains the differences in them?

Like, theres automag, xmag, RT, ULE and so forth.

We are looking to replace my sons Autococker with a new or used mag and I'm trying to make heads or tails of the difference in them.

jenarelJAM
10-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Automag-generic term for any sort of mag, also there is the 68 automag which is similar to the pro classic. They both use classic valves and are kinda the lower end of the mags, although perfectly fine for everyday play.
Minimag-similar to above, not quite sure about the differences.
RT- Reactive Trigger automag. Uses an RT, Emag, or Xvalve Valve. Usually has a double trigger(intelliframe) and can accept the ULT, (Ultra Light Trigger kit, or something like that). RT and Emag valves are the same, Stainless steel, Xvalve is aluminum.
Emag-Like an RT, but with a solenoid to pull the sear. Includes backup mech mode, which operates very similar to an RT.
Xmag- Like Emag, but has ACE(anti-chop eye). And it just looks cooler.
Devilmag- The exclusive electric alternative to the emag. Few have them. Uses a predator board and eyes instead of lvlX.
Pneumag- lightest mechanical trigger I've ever heard of. comparable to electric, but without batteries or a circuit board etc.

ULE stands for Ultra Light Engineering. There are ULE bodies, ULE emag frames, ULE everything... It just refers to milling done to reduce weight.

craltal
10-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Automag-generic term for any sort of mag, also there is the 68 automag which is similar to the pro classic. They both use classic valves and are kinda the lower end of the mags, although perfectly fine for everyday play.
RT- Reactive Trigger automag. Uses an RT, Emag, or Xvalve Valve. Usually has a double trigger(intelliframe) and can accept the ULT, (Ultra Light Trigger kit, or something like that). RT and Emag valves are the same, Stainless steel, Xvalve is aluminum.
Emag-Like an RT, but with a solenoid to pull the sear. Includes backup mech mode, which operates very similar to an RT.
Devilmag- The exclusive electric alternative to the emag. Few have them. Uses a predator board and eyes instead of lvlX.
Pneumag- lightest mechanical trigger I've ever heard of. comparable to electric, but without batteries or a circuit board etc.

ULE stands for Ultra Light Engineering. There are ULE bodies, ULE emag frames, ULE everything... It just refers to milling done to reduce weight.

Couple of fixes:

Minimags have a different body than the regular mags, but these use the older twist-lock variety barrels
Devilmags aren't the only alternative to emags. You can get a sear tripper electronic frame to fit onto a mag with a bit of modification (usually Spyder or Dragun frames)
Pneumags are individually modified mechanical mags that utilize pneumatics.

Your basic parts to a mag are:
Body (can be a stainless body that uses the twistlock barrels or an aluminum one that uses cocker threaded barrels, usually ULE or some variant)
Rail
Gripframe (single or double trigger, also can be electronic, see above)
Valve (classic or some variant of the RT valve)

flyboy
10-09-2006, 08:30 PM

Thanks!!! That clears the fog.

So I have a hybrid devilmag, predator board with no eyes. Or an just an Emag...

craltal
10-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Devilmags used a different gripframe from the standard emag ones, I want to say either a centerflag hyperframe or modified 90* frames, both which run off of a 9V inside the grips. Emags use a battery pack in the foregrip position, see mine below

http://idisk.mac.com/cral/Public/Mine/Emag811.jpg

ahellers
10-10-2006, 12:45 PM
naming your automag (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193546&highlight=naming)
heres the guide to naming your auto mag spiecies.
:cheers:
t

warbeak2099
10-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Um he said he has a Predator in his Emag. Do you mean a Predatored Morlock or an actual Emag Predator board? If it's the latter, HOW THE HELL???? Easy way to tell, if the board is really tiny it's a Morlock.

flyboy
10-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Um he said he has a Predator in his Emag. Do you mean a Predatored Morlock or an actual Emag Predator board? If it's the latter, HOW THE HELL???? Easy way to tell, if the board is really tiny it's a Morlock.

I'll have to look. All I know is that instead of the standard LCD panel a blue light shines in what would be the lcd window to show that its on. And to program it you use trigger pull - light flash combinations.

I know I don't have a devil mag, was making a poor attempt at being toungue and cheek.

warbeak2099
10-11-2006, 10:52 AM
It sounds like a Morlock.

don miguel
10-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Your mag differs depending on the valve. I have a minimag because it says minimag on the valve. If you have an rt valve you have an RT. if you have an x valve you have an xmag, but since thier is a type of mag actually called an xmag then when you are bragging to your friends about having an xmag, be sure to include info on electro or not, and if electro xmag, or emag lowers. Or if you want to keep it simple say you have a (any agd stock gun) with an xvalve.
XMAG
http://pbhub.de/magsite/g/xmag.jpg
AUTOMAG W/ XVALVE
http://img41.exs.cx/img41/8583/Micoromag1.jpg

A-Tach-One
10-11-2006, 08:58 PM
^^^^This is incorrect^^^^ I have an XValve in my Pump mag :rolleyes: does that make it an XMag pump? Nope, it is still a pumpmag no matter what valve I put in it. A mechanical mag with an xvalve is not an XMag. Going by valves does not tell you what kind of marker you have. The pic of the XMag you supplied has an Emag valve in it but it's still an "XMag"

warbeak2099
10-11-2006, 09:00 PM
don, that was just a whole lot of wrongness. It was so wrong I had to go and make up a word, "wrongness".

If you have an X-valve it does not mean you have an Xmag. The first Xmags didn't even have X-valves. They had SS Emag valves that said Emag Xtreme. Your picture that you posted even shows that! Jesus! And that's a Micromag with an X-valve, not an Automag. You could have an RT Pro with an X-valve or an RT ULE with X-valve. The valve does not signify what kind of gun you have.

REDRT
10-12-2006, 12:02 AM
It sounds like a Morlock.
Well it could be the first predator board or it could be the mini morlock w/predator code. Pretty close to the same thing, but they are in fact to different boards physically. Not that it matters.

So I have a hybrid devilmag, predator board with no eyes. Or an just an Emag...
A Predator Emag to be more correct. That sums it up pretty well.

don miguel
10-13-2006, 03:02 PM
don, that was just a whole lot of wrongness. It was so wrong I had to go and make up a word, "wrongness".

If you have an X-valve it does not mean you have an Xmag. The first Xmags didn't even have X-valves. They had SS Emag valves that said Emag Xtreme. Your picture that you posted even shows that! Jesus! And that's a Micromag with an X-valve, not an Automag. You could have an RT Pro with an X-valve or an RT ULE with X-valve. The valve does not signify what kind of gun you have.

so if I put an x valve in my minimag is it still a minimag? or a minimag with an xvalve?

wimag
10-13-2006, 03:18 PM
so if I put an x valve in my minimag is it still a minimag? or a minimag with an xvalve?

RT'd mini mag

craltal
10-14-2006, 07:16 PM
that micromag doesn't have an x-valve, it has a classic, full stainless valve

FlawleZ
10-14-2006, 08:12 PM

Its just a minimag with an X valve. The X valve is NOT what made the X-mag an X-mag. The very first few X-mags actually came with Emag valves. You need to view the museum posted up above and see the differences for yourself.

jenarelJAM
10-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Actually it kinda annoys me when people post on ebay, "BRAND NEW XMAG!!!"
and it's an rt with an xvalve...

warbeak2099
10-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Actually it kinda annoys me when people post on ebay, "BRAND NEW XMAG!!!"
and it's an rt with an xvalve...

QFT

stop whining buy a mag
10-15-2006, 02:00 PM
It's really quite simple.

You take the name provided by the manufacturer and add "with such and such upgrades".

There are a few exceptions but for the most part it's straigh forward.

Mini-Mag with an X-Valve? X-Valved Mini-Mag or Mini-Mag with X-Valve.
E-Mag with ULE body? ULE E-mag.

If you're not sure just use the name given by the manufacturer and then say what you have upgraded.

Papa_Smurf
10-15-2006, 02:25 PM
^^^^^VERY well put^^^^^

what don miguel said is totally wrong, ignore that, its just complicates everything.

flyboy
10-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Well it could be the first predator board or it could be the mini morlock w/predator code. Pretty close to the same thing, but they are in fact to different boards physically. Not that it matters.

A Predator Emag to be more correct. That sums it up pretty well.

I still haven't opened it up to check what board it its, but it does have predator 5.0 code.

If it's a morlock that's fine.

I love OMFG mode! :shooting:

Rudz
10-26-2006, 09:44 AM
can don miguel be banned for stupidity? :tard:

jenarelJAM
10-27-2006, 03:49 PM
can don miguel be banned for stupidity? :tard:
Depends on how the mods view "Do not exhibit disruptive behavior" and his actions... I dunno if they're disruptive... alot of times they sure are funny though :P
/end threadjack

d4m4don3
10-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Depends on how the mods view "Do not exhibit disruptive behavior" and his actions... I dunno if they're disruptive... alot of times they sure are funny though :P
/end threadjack

Has it been that long that we've had a "real newbie" on this board? I know most folks that pickup a mag are generally smarter than the average bear, but give the kid a break, lets just watch laugh and rant. Eventually he'll be part of the peanuts gang.

And then we wait for the next victim... :D

don miguel
10-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Has it been that long that we've had a "real newbie" on this board? I know most folks that pickup a mag are generally smarter than the average bear, but give the kid a break, lets just watch laugh and rant. Eventually he'll be part of the peanuts gang.

And then we wait for the next victim... :D

Im sorry for being such a mag noob. I post too much, everyone hates my posts and has already posted them or something close too it. I am truly sorry. I got a minimag for my birthday in september (now w/ ReTro valve) and I love it so much. It is so accurate and quiet and better than any other high end gun in my opinion. I love every gun in the automag family. I just tried so hard not to be noobish, but I ended up being more noobish. I messed up. Sorry guys, I will try to get better. :cheers:

Oh yeah, by the way I am against flaming newbies, because many of them do not know about thier new mags and a don't know what to say. So people like "CKY alliance" should lay off the noobs, and not flame them, like he flamed me.

peace.

flyboy
10-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Well I'm a mag noob too and still confused, lol

BUT!!

I now know for sure I have an Emag with an x valve, a morlock board (I looked) with predator 5.0 software, So I'm getting there! :)