PDA

View Full Version : RC Tanks using Paintball Guns

englewood02
10-09-2006, 02:49 PM
I just ran accross the WarpFeed system and believe it would be perfect for use in Remote Controlled Tank Combat. We use paintball guns mounted in the turrets of tanks to engage each other. Does anyone know if the Warp Feed will work with .40 cal paintballs. I have a 1/6 scale M5 Stuart that has a tight turret, so I must use a .40 cal paintball gun and would like to come up with a reliable feed system to the gun. Thanks.

ultralight
10-09-2006, 03:07 PM
i'm really not sure the warp could work with .40 paint.

how tight are we talking? the automag can be very small indeed, and with no external moving parts, it may be just the thing for such an application. the gripframe can even be removed or chopped and the sear actuated via pneumatics or solenoid.

which .40 cal paintgun are you using? the only markers that i am aware of in that caliber are low capacity pistols. if you can fit one of those in there, you could probably fit a mag.

run this by the guys in the workshop, they may be able to help.

englewood02
10-09-2006, 03:34 PM
i'm really not sure the warp could work with .40 paint.

how tight are we talking? the automag can be very small indeed, and with no external moving parts, it may be just the thing for such an application. the gripframe can even be removed or chopped and the sear actuated via pneumatics or solenoid.

which .40 cal paintgun are you using? the only markers that i am aware of in that caliber are low capacity pistols. if you can fit one of those in there, you could probably fit a mag.

run this by the guys in the workshop, they may be able to help.

The inside of the turret is 4"wx 4"hx 5 1/2"l. I'm currently using a splatomatic .40 cal. pistal. I didn't think a .68 cal would fit. If I could shoehorn in a .68 cal, it sure would solve my problem finding the paintballs. I need to be able to fit inside the turret one servo for elevation of the gun and one to fire it. Plus the ammo feed system. It works with the .40 cal but my current feed system is a cluge and the .40 lacks hitting power. Thanks.

cpt
10-09-2006, 03:51 PM
How abiout pics and a video????

KC
10-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah no kidding. You cant just talk about remote tanks that shoot paintballs without pics and videos. Its against the rules or something :rofl:

temps
10-09-2006, 04:05 PM
What about a spring loaded paintball tube that are normally used for paintball pisotols? Although it wouldnt hold that much paint it would feed reliably with little space being taken up.

FiXeL
10-09-2006, 04:16 PM
That just would'nt look right... Ever seen a tank that stores its shells on top of the barrel? :rofl:

I think warp would be a good option, if you can fit a .68 cal paintgun in the turret...

don miguel
10-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Why are you using 40 cal paintballs anyways? just use 68's. :cheers:

Toll
10-09-2006, 06:15 PM
The mag it's self could probably be chopped down to about 4cm tall, depending how you are with metal work and what not.