PDA

View Full Version : More E-Mag questions from a newbie!

Valadian
12-28-2001, 12:51 AM
Ok sorry I wouldnt be asking these if they were covered in the manual or if I were more experienced, however I dont know where to find out this info so Im coming to ya'll! Hehehe.

1. The fire selector on the gun, they say that when its pointed toward the battery its in mechanical mode when the interrupter is in, and it's in hybrid mode when the interrupter is out. They then say that electronic mode is when its pointed straight down. Ok now thats all fine and good. HOWEVER, I find that the gun still shoots when the selector is pointed all the way back away from the battery towards the back of the gun!? What is this?

2. As a newbie who's still getting used to the trigger (I like it alot, but I just gotta practice with it thats all), what would be the best setting for the SPS on the gun? It goes from 8 to 16 as you all know, but I really dont know what to put it at. I decided on 12 for the time being, but if you all could give me some pointers I'd appreciate it!

Thanks everyone, this forum has been a big help!

kilaueakid
12-28-2001, 01:37 AM
Q-1...Mine is like that too and I assume all of them are. One thing I noticed is that it is always the same trigger pull length when you use it all the way back. Therefor if you shortened your trigger pull to much(gun won't fire...messes with hall effects sensor) and it is pointed "down" in normal e mode,....you can always flip it back and it should work....I am not 100% certain of this, but will check it out.

Q-2....I just left mine on the stock setting 16. Assuming you are using a revy mounted above the gun, I would consider setting it to 10-12, than you shouldn't have to worry about chopping/feed issues. If you are using a warp feed....leave it at 16 :D

also....take a magnet out of the body rail and only use 1 with a little wadded up peice of paper or something to make the trigger pull nice and light.

good luck!
kila

Valadian
12-28-2001, 02:36 AM
Magnet outta the body rail huh? I might try that somewhere down the line, but I'll hold off till I get comfy with the gun first. Wouldn't want to go breakin it this early hehe.

Thanks for the replies though! Yea I'm usin a revy so I'll keep it at 10-12 to not outshoot it. Maybe get a HALO down the road and up it to something closer to 16. Not sure about a warp though, gonna have to try one of those before I even consider buying one. Thanks again!

FooTemps
12-28-2001, 02:59 AM
Taking the magnet out won't break your trigger... Just remember where you kept the magnet and you'll be fine. If you don't like the paper wad then just put the magnet back in...

BlackVCG
12-28-2001, 01:13 PM
To change the trigger pull weight, remove the six screws holding on the sight rail. Remove the valve by unscrewing the field strip screw and twisting the valve clockwise to pull it out. Next, remove the front grip frame screw (the one right in front of the trigger). Now you can lift the mainbody off the gun. Once that's done you MUST unscrew the sear axle pin from the right side of the body rail. It takes a 1/8" hex key and is just back from the hole for the farthest back screw that holds on the sight rail on the right side of the gun. Once that pin is out, you can lift the rail straight up. Now you'll have just the battery pack and the gripframe. You'll see a gold circular magnet in the top of the gripframe right above the trigger. If you bought the gun new, there should be two magnets in there. Put the selector switch in M-Mode and pull the trigger all the way back, now you can easily put the end of a hex wrench or something magnetic on top of the magnet and pull the stack out. Pull one out and drop one back in. Reassemble in reverse order and test it out.

DYE-BaLLeR
12-28-2001, 01:29 PM
i dunno whats up with ur emags mine duznt shoot when the switch is pointed backwards. if the magnets are in the rail whats the little compartment behind the trigger under the E?

udtseal
12-28-2001, 03:59 PM
thats the hall effects sensor, it measures the magnetic field and the strength of that field from the magnet in the trigger itself. Then tells the gun to fire.