PDA

View Full Version : Greg Hastings for PS2

ICDxBushmaster50
10-09-2006, 06:44 PM
tell me what you think about this game if you have played it...anything you disliked or liked??

Cire
10-10-2006, 06:54 AM
I am really enjoying the game. For me it is pretty hard, but I'm not that good at FPS's.

Here a couple of things that I like:
- computer controlled players are decent.
- you can walk the trigger.
- snapping is a premium (if you hang out to long you get gogged).
- the fields are pretty well setup and they have a lot of different ones.
- you can customize you marker color.
- a day of play is pretty cheap :p

A couple of things to watch out for:
- using a Logitech wireless controller causes a turbo controller penalty (limits you to 3bps, I have contacted Activision and they are looking at a way to turn off the penalty).
- it is hard to see the other team on most of the fields.

Right now I'm rolling a Borg (it really seems like a nice marker in the game) and I was an Ion owner :cry: (good marker for the price in the game).

Cire

tribalman
10-10-2006, 08:18 AM
the first one was ok, easy to beat. too many people using turbo controllers on xbl so i stopped playing that. max'd is alright. seems too similar to the first so i haven't beaten it. while the OTB is an interesting feature, it's just not worth it to me. takes to long to setup. and you have to do it after every match, so it gets old fast.

the ion is in max'd?

Walrus
10-10-2006, 08:43 AM
You all just made my day. I had no idea that GHTP Max'd was released for PS2! I have to go find it now so I can play :D My neighbor's son got GHTP for his birthday back in July and after watching him play I debated getting an Xbox ever since just so I could play. Now I just have to find a place that carries this game for PS2 and has a decent price on it. There is nothing like playing PS2 on a 52" wide screen with the surround sound blaring...

geekwarrior
10-10-2006, 08:44 AM
were's the PC version :mad:

Walrus
10-10-2006, 08:54 AM

You can always find an emulator for a PS2 or Xbox and then go get a ROM for the game you want to play.

geekwarrior
10-10-2006, 09:14 AM
You can always find an emulator for a PS2 or Xbox and then go get a ROM for the game you want to play.

are there emulators out for xbox and ps2? i havent checked in awhile, I only have them for NES and SNES

Lenny
10-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Hey, you guys get Digital Paintball and us console users don't, so don't be complainin'! :cool:

I have both the first and Max'd for my XBox. I kind of got out of video games about a year or so ago, so I don't play them much anymore. But my Final Fantasy collection will never get old. Chrono Cross will never get old. GHPTP will never get old. Those are just some good games right there.

...Little off subject, but does anyone know when Chrono 3 will be comming out? And for what console? Chrono Trigger was stellar, and Chrono Cross was even better, so I really can't wait for Chrono 3.

geekwarrior
10-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Hey, you guys get Digital Paintball and us console users don't, so don't be complainin'! :cool:

I have both the first and Max'd for my XBox. I kind of got out of video games about a year or so ago, so I don't play them much anymore. But my Final Fantasy collection will never get old. Chrono Cross will never get old. GHPTP will never get old. Those are just some good games right there.

...Little off subject, but does anyone know when Chrono 3 will be comming out? And for what console? Chrono Trigger was stellar, and Chrono Cross was even better, so I really can't wait for Chrono 3.

is digital paintball any good?

Lenny
10-10-2006, 09:59 AM
is digital paintball any good?
It's VERY good. It's a Half-Life mod (I think), so you'll need that first. I think they also released a new version not too long ago, but I'm not sure.

My buddy is big into Half-Life and Diablo, so when I told him about the mod, he downloaded it right away. I'll play it occasionally when I'm over there. The graphics are kind of dated, but then again it is freelance published, so you can't really expect the highest quality graphics.

The only complain I have with it are the controls, but I'm not a computer gamer. I was thinking about rigging an XBox controller to my PC and installing his Half-Life and download the mod myself...

Either way, yes, very good game.

Cire
10-11-2006, 06:37 AM
the ion is in max'd?
Yes, it is. There are a quite a few new markers in the game. A lot of the Xbox owners are yelling because the PS2 got the latest gear and updates to the gameplay that they don't have.

Here a few of the markers they have that I think are in addition to what was in the Xbox:
Ion
Shocker
Ego
DM6
Timmy
Angel Fly

Cire

eNder159
10-11-2006, 08:18 AM
i was hoping to see an e-mag in there like in digital paintball...but none so now im shooting a dm6

pro level is a little harder than most i was rolling people in the rookie/novice/amateur divisions and when pro came up i get rolled instantly...so i think i hvae to set up my OTB better

tribalman
10-12-2006, 02:56 AM
really, the xbox got screwed on some options? oh well, that game isn't worth having two copies. oh well, i guess i'll do without, what will i do :rolleyes: .