PDA

View Full Version : New mag owner

EPIC_Vader
10-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Recently I bought a Tac One warp left. Before I bought it I fell into the Ion craze. I modded the crap out of my Ion, constantly trying to add that certain something that I felt it was lacking. but no upgrade would add it, nor could I name what "IT" was. It was just a feeling. Anyway, I shot my friend's Tac One a few weeks ago and was suddenly able to identify what it was I felt I was missing with my current set up. The Ion, unlike my friend's mag, lacked a "soul"
So over the next two weeks I spent all my time trying to get my Ion and my old A5 sold so I could get the money together to buy my own Tac One. Luckily everything came together and we ordered it. My friend ordered it for me since I was crashing on his couch, and we ended up calling the order in. Marsha, I believe her name was, was incredibly nice. Everyone we spoke to at AGD seemed to honestly care about what they do, and the customers they serve. Throughout it all we kept saying, "this wouldn't be the kind of treatment we would get from Smart Parts or any other big company."
Anyway, it came in a few days ago, and I have been very happy in finding that it has this "soul" type feeling to it as well. I have shot it and played around with it and am in love with it. Its accurate, sturdy, and the design is awesome.
Anyway, I know this is kind of a pointless post, but I just figured that maybe some of the AGD people come through here everyonce and a while, so, if they see this I hope they know how grateful I am and what a high opinion my friends and teammates and I have of the quality of your products and your customer service.

Chronobreak
10-09-2006, 07:54 PM
great post, glad you like it

welcome to AO :cheers:

MANN
10-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Yesssss another saved soul :clap:

Welcome to the group :cheers:

Shirow
10-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Recently I bought a Tac One warp left. Before I bought it I fell into the Ion craze. I modded the crap out of my Ion, constantly trying to add that certain something that I felt it was lacking. but no upgrade would add it, nor could I name what "IT" was. It was just a feeling. Anyway, I shot my friend's Tac One a few weeks ago and was suddenly able to identify what it was I felt I was missing with my current set up. The Ion, unlike my friend's mag, lacked a "soul"
So over the next two weeks I spent all my time trying to get my Ion and my old A5 sold so I could get the money together to buy my own Tac One. Luckily everything came together and we ordered it. My friend ordered it for me since I was crashing on his couch, and we ended up calling the order in. Marsha, I believe her name was, was incredibly nice. Everyone we spoke to at AGD seemed to honestly care about what they do, and the customers they serve. Throughout it all we kept saying, "this wouldn't be the kind of treatment we would get from Smart Parts or any other big company."
Anyway, it came in a few days ago, and I have been very happy in finding that it has this "soul" type feeling to it as well. I have shot it and played around with it and am in love with it. Its accurate, sturdy, and the design is awesome.
Anyway, I know this is kind of a pointless post, but I just figured that maybe some of the AGD people come through here everyonce and a while, so, if they see this I hope they know how grateful I am and what a high opinion my friends and teammates and I have of the quality of your products and your customer service.

I know, it's weird isn't it?

I think all the time about buying a Viking or something, but when I actually get my hands on one, I just want my mag back.

They just plain rawk.

flyboy
10-09-2006, 08:36 PM

Vader is a team mate of mine and we now have 4 tac ones on the team (well 3 and one looking) My son is also selling his cocker to get one so that will make 5.

There is nothing like them.

Specially when i put my predator board in OMFG mode.. hehehehehehe....

EPIC_Vader
10-10-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I post on SpecOps as well, but I have been lurking around here as a guest for a while now. Seems like a nicer place with fewer kids.

Chronobreak - Thanks

MANN - I know, I feel like this has almost been a religous experience for me, lol.

Shirow - I agree completely. I still haven't been a mag owner for very long yet, but so far when I look back at how I used to react to certain markers, I don't get my interest in them. And I feel almost...ashamed...for having owned an Ion.

Flyboy is on my team, as he said, and on one occasion my Ion broke down, he just looked at me and matter-of-factly said "should have bought a mag" I laughed about it, but he was right :rolleyes: And OMFG mode on your E-Tac is just plain scary.

Also besides his son, we have at least two other members getting Tac Ones in the next few months.

I was told having a warp feed turns a lot of heads, if thats the case and I have a lot of people coming up to me hopefully I will be able to use it as an oppurtunity to "expand the cult" ;)

Lenny
10-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Glad to see ya join us! Always looking for new recruits! (Like the Army or something...)

Not too many guns interest me like they used to either. E/X/EP/PneuMags all do still, and same with Vikings and Excals, and Ego's... and I really like my Shocker. But that's about it for the newer guns. Recently I've been in love with pumps and my 'Mag.

Don't feel bad for owning an Ion. We all make mistakes. :p

Oh, and what do you mean by "cult"?! We prefer "Divine Religion" (note the caps). :hail:

FiXeL
10-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Welcome to AO, enlightened one!

Flyboy is on my team, as he said, and on one occasion my Ion broke down, he just looked at me and matter-of-factly said "should have bought a mag" I laughed about it, but he was right :rolleyes: And OMFG mode on your E-Tac is just plain scary.

Funny, i told my friend the same thing last weekend :D

I was told having a warp feed turns a lot of heads, if thats the case and I have a lot of people coming up to me hopefully I will be able to use it as an oppurtunity to "expand the cult" ;)

Be prepared to hear alot of OMFG, what is that? WTF, look at that guys gun! :D Warp sure is a head turner and fun to play with if you don't mind the extra weight. I run a warped xmag with a red dot scope on top and it is great to have a gun like this. Like you said, a mag has a soul (no wonder it's so heavy) :) and shoots better than any gun i've owned. Just beware of the noobs, they will probably be so intimidated with your setup they'll try to avoid you on the woodsfield. :rofl:

egb groupie
10-10-2006, 11:13 AM

This should Definitely be stickied in the historical posts section....it is inspirational!

Lenny
10-10-2006, 08:11 PM
This should Definitely be stickied in the historical posts section....it is inspirational!
I agree. The paintball world needs some more soul!

EPIC_Vader
10-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks again for the welcome!

Sorry, I will make sure to remove "Mag Cult" from my hooded priests robe and replace it with "Divine Religion" :D

AGD
10-11-2006, 03:45 AM
Interesting.... I can see the commercial now, "Do guns have a sole?" "Find what your looking for at AGD"

And yes people from AGD come here and read what you say. :)

AGD

flyboy
10-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Interesting.... I can see the commercial now, "Do guns have a sole?" "Find what your looking for at AGD"

That commercial sounds kind of fishy to me....

geekwarrior
10-11-2006, 10:16 AM
That commercial sounds kind of fishy to me....

because commercial and AGD have never been in a sentence before? :p

anyways welcome to AO! :cheers:

FiXeL
10-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Maybe a alteration of the current slogan: Because quality and soul shoot straight :D

EPIC_Vader is right tho, mags have definatly something about them that other guns lack... I've owned and held and tried various markers out there, but they all lack something. Never could lay my finger on what.

Shirow
10-11-2006, 11:34 AM

Probably not in this plaice.

Shirow
10-11-2006, 11:35 AM

Yes, they do, it's amazing to me how many people have never seen them. Everytime I'm at the field, somebody says to me 'what the hell is that?'

Thinking about running a Q-Loader into one just for more quizzical stares.

flyboy
10-11-2006, 06:52 PM

anyways welcome to AO! :cheers:

No, because sole is a fish. :D

don miguel
10-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Touching- welcome to AO. :dance:

EPIC Unit
10-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Well, when he was first talking about getting an Ion, all I told him was "get a Mag, you'll be happier with it". And at first he didn't listen, but after getting the Ion, playing with it for a few months and then shooting my Tac-1, and comparing the two. Well now he has come to the light.

While I'm in here I might as well post my "coming to Jesus" story as well.

For starters, I have been playing for roughly 10 years (started back in 96ish). And my first gun was a Tippmann Pro-Lite. I love it, ended up putting a Dye Boomstick, sight rail, the Psychoballistics full auto kit (I wonder how many of you will have any clue what I'm talking about), and some other things here and there. I was what you could call a "Tippmann whore" for the longest time, telling everyone I knew to buy a Tippmann. I contiuned to play with my Pro-Lite until I finally realized it was time to upgrade. So I bought an A5, and continued to use that for a few years before it started having minor problems that just became aggrivating and were affecting my performance on the field.

Now, I remember back in the mid-90's when the huge "Mag craze" was going on and I always wanted one then, but the lack of money didn't allow it. So in all honesty I kind of forgot about the company until I saw the Tac-1. At that point, I started to get more info on the company again and see where they had gone and what new technology had been released (which I found was a ton since I had last looked into it). Then we had one of our members join our team and he was using a Tac-1, so of course I ended up shooting it and playing a few games with it. INSTANTLY I was in love and was pursuing anyway possible of buying one. When one day he PMed me on our forum and said that he had to thin the herd (he's been playing since about '88 roughly and has god knows how many guns) and was selling the Tac-1. So of course, I bought it from him.

The whole "soul" thing about a gun is extremely true in my opinion. While my Tippmanns had soul, just nothing like my Tac-1. When I'm holding my Mag and using it, I feel "connected" to the gun. So after using my Tac-1 for a while I continued to sell as many people Mags as possible, one of them being Vader, and a few others who are currently looking into them.

So as our team continues to grow in size and popularity, I have been trying to get as many people as I can to buy Mags. I can sit with someone for hours explaining to them why AGD is a better company than any of the other ones out there, but what I've noticed really does the trick is just handing them the gun and letting them shoot it. I will continue my "conversion" of people as long as I'm playing paintball.

Anyways, I won't bore you anymore with my whole "quest" of paintball and Mags. I would just like to say that everyone I have delt with when calling/dealing with AGD exceeded my expectations in every way. Marcia has been extremely helpful and is extremely nice, as well as someone in the tech department (who I never caught their name). Thanks to the staff at AGD for actually caring, and thanks Tom for inventing such a wonderful gun!

EPIC_Vader
10-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Well I got a chance to shoot at people yesterday with the new Tac One. And I loved every minute of it, being able to actually hit what I'm shooting at makes a huge difference :bounce:

The only thing is, I had a few problems during the day with it, when I first aired up and went to to chrono in, the warp feed began double feeding and I had lots of paint inside the actual body. Cleaning that was not very easy :( But I adjusted the jumpers for dwell time on the warp feed and it seemed to stop for the most part. I had a few more breaks at by the end of the day (even when the tank I was using was full) and I couldn't figure out why. Anyway, EPIC Unit (who is also my team general) suggested it might be that the X-Valve needs to break in, but I don't know if that was the problem or if it was maybe my velocity, or maybe the Warp Feed still double feeding. Anyway, thats a post for the Tech forum.

Had quite a few people "ooh and ahh" over the set up though. Not very many had a clue what I was holding. And since I don't have any other barrel sleeve except the one that came with my ion a few actually thought I was using an ion :rofl:
But, I set people straight and hopefully we mag users educated some folks. Most of the comments I got when I let people hold it was "Wow, its A LOT lighter than it looks"
At any rate I think AGD was well represented out there, especially since our team dominated the field all day long.

mr. right-wing
10-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Will the x-mod gimme OMFG mode on MY E-Tac or hows that work?

Lenny
10-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I just rediscovered my old Spyder (out of necessity) and completely forgot how great of a shooter it is! I've messed around with different friends/newbs newer model Spyders, but they didn't shoot the same.

I found a soul in my first gun ever; my 1999 Kingman Powerfeed Spyder Compact w/ Sprint frame (before the ESP made it big), dipswitches and all.