PDA

View Full Version : '06 Ego - vs - '06 Cyborg....

HOMELANDEFENDER
10-09-2006, 10:11 PM
So how would you rate the two? How do they stack up against each other comparing their performance, design, efficiency, reliability, and overall value. To make it simple you can give a 1 thru 10 rating for each category. I'm looking to celebrate "Christmas in October" for myself :D . I don't know a thing about Cyborgs.

http://www.macdev.net/06cyborg.htm

Thanks.

HLD...

flyingpootang
10-09-2006, 10:22 PM
06 Borg fast, no kick, simple to maintain & reliable.

behemoth
10-09-2006, 10:25 PM
A sloth with downs syndrome could tech a cyborg.

not to mention they're fast, efficent, have no kick, and arent really associated with all the lame *** agg kiddies.

rkjunior303
10-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Cyborg FTW.

No hoses. Nuff said.

Besides, wait... the 07's are coming out in Dec/Jan - then the 06's will come down even more than the new $800 MSRP, which is still the best deal on the planet.

My 06 is the fastest gun on the field. LEGAL gun.

When they reviewed all of the 06 gear, i'm almost 100% certain the Borg was the top rated gun.. Sure it's not a "household" name but MacDev is one of the best companies on the planet - even if their toilets flush backwards (Love ya James)

st6212
10-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Cyborg FTW.

No hoses. Nuff said.

Besides, wait... the 07's are coming out in Dec/Jan - then the 06's will come down even more than the new $800 MSRP, which is still the best deal on the planet.

My 06 is the fastest gun on the field. LEGAL gun.

When they reviewed all of the 06 gear, i'm almost 100% certain the Borg was the top rated gun.. Sure it's not a "household" name but MacDev is one of the best companies on the planet - even if their toilets flush backwards (Love ya James)

Well we got more firing modes on our toilets - flush and half flush :D

onedude36
10-09-2006, 11:33 PM
One of the major turn-offs for both guns are their frames. Slap an ultra light frame on them and your good to go. or a viking frame...or anything other than those square obese stock frames.

MoeMag
10-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Sorry yall... Ego is the top of the hill for a reason. I think the cyborg is a nice gun but sorry... its a BKO. have fun with it if you like, but thats the impression i get working on them.

my $0.02

buzzboy
10-10-2006, 06:25 AM
Well, they are the same design(stacked tube rammmer) and I have only shot the EGO and I really didn't like it that much(liked the 'pulse and shocker I shot better). I have never even seen a bord in real life but from what others say they are awesome.

Pneumagger
10-10-2006, 06:41 AM
Sorry yall... Ego is the top of the hill for a reason. I think the cyborg is a nice gun but sorry... its a BKO. have fun with it if you like, but thats the impression i get working on them.

my $0.02

yeah Hype and advertising. The borg is faster, morefficient, and can be teched by a retard monkey. No hoses/fittings/etc to break. It's also cheaper msrp. I also have a feeling it'll hold it's resale better cause there's not so many floating around. I think the ego is a nice gun but sorry... its a timmy.

/ $0.02 refund

BigEvil
10-10-2006, 07:13 AM
HLD, the way you play you should trade that Ego of yours in for a set of golf clubs :D

There are soooooo many nice guns out there. Its like comparing green apples to red apples. I think the Egos are nice little guns, but if I had a choice I would go with a Borg for no other reason than preference. I just aquired a really nice Shocker, to my surprise that I really like. I guess its so mag-like in size and shape it was just an easy transition. Next year I may try to pick up a nice used 06 Borg that will probably be resaling for about $400 - that is, if funds allow (Meaning, if Mrs Evil allows)

Then again, we could just hook you up with an Evilmag :ninja:

Lenny
10-10-2006, 09:34 AM

my $0.02

yeah Hype and advertising. The borg is faster, morefficient, and can be teched by a retard monkey. No hoses/fittings/etc to break. It's also cheaper msrp. I also have a feeling it'll hold it's resale better cause there's not so many floating around. I think the ego is a nice gun but sorry... its a timmy.

/ $0.02 refund
And we all know Timmy's are basically high end Spyders. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just had to say that.

pump
10-10-2006, 02:05 PM
I think the cyborg is a nice gun but sorry... its a BKO.
you mean B2K

the BKO uses a 3 way noid and has a spring return ram
B2K uses a 4 way noid and has a totally pneumatic operation, and has a forward spring to reduce FSDO

the Borg is more likened to the B2K, the Borg started out as a B2K replacement ram by MacDev that turned into a whole gun. Which explains the similarities.....the Borg is the gun the B2K would be with further refinement and a higher price point

rkjunior303
10-10-2006, 03:26 PM
there is no spring return on a borg .. how can you even compare the two?

every ego owner who has shot my 06 borg has commented how they need to trade for one.

it's also the same design that the AKA Evil M was going to be. Stacked tube viking.. AKA and MacDev are two of the most reputable companies in the business for quality and workmanship.. Don't get me wrong... Ego's are great guns but my borg blows them away.

SpecialBlend2786
10-10-2006, 04:39 PM
I like them both, but would rather have the cyborg, cause I like them.

I have a reputation for breaking everything I touch, and my cyborg is still alive.

HOMELANDEFENDER
10-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Well -- I already have the '05 Ego and I'm really liking it. But thats comming from a guy who used an A5 for 2 years. The Borg is looking pretty sweet - and as stated earlier, the prices will fall real soon. I just may have to grab one.

Hey BIG Evil -- Dude I'm pretty sure I ran more paint than you during that NJNam game simply because you were always getting shot out LOL. BTW -- I think the Borg would work for me -- I used 5 1/2 cases during the last scenario you missed. Ha ! :shooting:

HLD...

SCpoloRicker
10-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Whatever, my mag can shoot 34bps. ;)

buzzboy
10-10-2006, 05:24 PM
This makes me angry (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=ego&word2=cyborg)
I wish I had seen the other win but W/E. Mags blow them away (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=ego&word2=mag)

behemoth
10-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Well -- I already have the '05 Ego and I'm really liking it. But thats comming from a guy who used an A5 for 2 years. The Borg is looking pretty sweet - and as stated earlier, the prices will fall real soon. I just may have to grab one.

Hey BIG Evil -- Dude I'm pretty sure I ran more paint than you during that NJNam game simply because you were always getting shot out LOL. BTW -- I think the Borg would work for me -- I used 5 1/2 cases during the last scenario you missed. Ha ! :shooting:

HLD...

5 and a half cases!?
damn.

HOMELANDEFENDER
10-10-2006, 05:51 PM
5 and a half cases!?
damn.
Yeah -- the hazard of being a support gunner for your team - lol. Similar to the "back" player, but I run up too. Fun though. :)

HLD...

rkjunior303
10-10-2006, 06:24 PM
If the NJ guys would get their act together and had another meet i'd bring my 06 down.

BigEvil
10-10-2006, 08:42 PM

HLD...

I didnt say I shot more paint.. I was only there for a few hours.. and If I remember correctly there was a couple of 'friendly fire' incidents, three of which I was on the wrong end of :rofl:

BTW, im thinking 06 borg myself next year... I may have an 'in', maybe I should see if it can do something for us.

minimag03
10-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Don't forget about milled Vikings! (had to bring them up) You can get them for crazy cheap now that they are "old". I know I have heard of a few of them doing for around $600, maybe chaper. Then again, $800 for a new 06 borg is a GOOD deal.

mag_lover05
10-10-2006, 10:17 PM
I think the Borg would work for me -- I used 5 1/2 cases during the last scenario you missed. Ha ! :shooting:

HLD...

you need a pump.

Robbie
10-11-2006, 08:49 AM
big evil ....dont listen to homeland he doesnt know the difference between 5 pods and 5 cases....
NJ nam friendly fire i seem to remember quiet vividly.
and as far as being a support player for the team he is very skilled in securing the car,hotel room, key.as very skilled in filling pods, laundry, and being designated driver.
but it wouldnt be a cool scenario game with out him
bahaaaa
Big E you want to do ok D-Day in june?????
let me know
looking to beef up our scenario team for NJ

BigEvil
10-11-2006, 09:38 AM
big evil ....dont listen to homeland he doesnt know the difference between 5 pods and 5 cases....
NJ nam friendly fire i seem to remember quiet vividly.
and as far as being a support player for the team he is very skilled in securing the car,hotel room, key.as very skilled in filling pods, laundry, and being designated driver.
but it wouldnt be a cool scenario game with out him
bahaaaa
Big E you want to do ok D-Day in june?????
let me know
looking to beef up our scenario team for NJ

Damn, AS long as I can get one of those neat patches for my back with my name on it like everyone else. We'll have to get together and figure it out. Anything to get the hell out of here for a while. Is "God-mode" allowed in this event? Ive been practicing. :-)

If I knew HLD was so good at laundry I would have had him do some for me that day. I bet he is good ar ironing too.... :rofl:

BigEvil
10-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Damn, AS long as I can get one of those neat patches for my back with my name on it like everyone else. We'll have to get together and figure it out. Anything to get the hell out of here for a while. Is "God-mode" allowed in this event? Ive been practicing. :-)

If I knew HLD was so good at laundry I would have had him do some for me that day. I bet he is good ar ironing too.... :rofl:

Dont feel too bad about the friendly fire incident..I was on the *** end of three more after yours. Not by HLD though.. that would have been priceless in itself.

Robbie
10-11-2006, 11:52 AM
I will be Ejam sunday if you can make it.

BigEvil
10-11-2006, 12:04 PM
I will be Ejam sunday if you can make it.

I was going to try to get up there Sunday too. I'll let you know.

rkjunior303
10-11-2006, 02:30 PM
The price of an 06 just dropped from $975 to 800, due to the announcement of the 07's coming out in December.. $700 for a well-cared borg is fair.

HOMELANDEFENDER
10-11-2006, 06:31 PM
:shooting: Robbie & BigEvilhttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/HOMELANDEFENDER/shock.gif Oops ! LOL

HLD...

wimag
10-11-2006, 07:05 PM

my $0.02

and you have been a tech in a shop for how long now... 6 months or so.
so lay it out why the Ego is on top of the hill as you indicate

FromTheBack
10-11-2006, 07:56 PM
AKA and MacDev are two of the most reputable companies in the business for quality and workmanship.. Don't get me wrong... Ego's are great guns but my borg blows them away.

You didnt mention PE's amazing tech service at events and their customer service. Ive shot a few borgs (04 and 06) and a some egos(a few 06 and an 05) and Ive gotta say its mostly preferance. Both of them are very reliable *from what I hear about cyborgs* and I can attest to the Egos reliability because I owned one for half a year. Both of them are very efficient (I think cyborg has a little better), both can be tuned very tightly, and both are easy to maintain.

Shoot them both a couple times and then decide. That is my best advice for you.

don miguel
10-11-2006, 08:21 PM
i am easily influenced by cosmetic attributes... EGO WINS IT FOR ME.
http://www.gladiators.azpaintball.cz/clanky-hl-nahledy/1142627095.jpg
:dance: :dance:

warbeak2099
10-11-2006, 09:52 PM
i am easily influenced by cosmetic attributes... EGO WINS IT FOR ME.
http://www.gladiators.azpaintball.cz/clanky-hl-nahledy/1142627095.jpg
:dance: :dance:

Then why do you shoot a minimag?

rkjunior303
10-11-2006, 09:54 PM

LOL!

I definitely agree. From what I've seen/heard of PE, they have great customer service as well.

SCpoloRicker
10-12-2006, 11:42 AM

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/806/owlohnodidnt2zh.jpg

/I lol'd

11 Bravo
10-12-2006, 11:50 AM
^^^^^ lol - Hilarious

warbeak2099
10-12-2006, 12:43 PM
http://www.opinioncenter.com/Pete_Rose/Rose_Oh_Yes_I_Did.jpg

/loves teh Ricker