PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my plans?

sTaLa
10-11-2006, 04:26 PM
I currently have a classic valve with the Lv 10 bolt that I run on Nitro. I'll soon upgrade to the XValve and the ULT to have a faster rate of fire and a lighter triger.

But I'd like to have a really faster rate of fire. So I'm thinking about buying E-Mag lowers later. My only concern is that I sometimes play in the rain. Are the electrical compenents of the E-Mags protected against the rain?

Thanks.

warbeak2099
10-11-2006, 05:01 PM
I don't neccesarily think the grips make the frame watertight, but that's the case for any electro.

punkncat
10-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Why not buy an adjustable tank instead and tune your RT. Then you can be as fast as the Emag w/o the problems from rain.

LegumeOfTerror
10-11-2006, 06:01 PM
pnuemag is the way to go in your case.

Pneumagger
10-11-2006, 06:05 PM
:tard: Emags werk in teh rain.
Teh manuel even sez 2 shoot teh AGD gatz under water 2 clean it out afta mowing faces.

HK 4 life!!!!1

REDRT
10-11-2006, 10:36 PM
I've played in a heavy down poor with an Emag more than once. I wouldn't throw it into a river, but I wouldn't fear rain/playing. ;)

CaptainNeeda
10-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Or just play w/o the battery

sTaLa
10-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Why not buy an adjustable tank instead and tune your RT. Then you can be as fast as the Emag w/o the problems from rain.

I'm not really aware of that possibility. Can you tell me more? Does the mechanism look like Tippmann's RT?

Thanks

geekwarrior
10-12-2006, 09:27 AM
I'm not really aware of that possibility. Can you tell me more? Does the mechanism look like Tippmann's RT?

Thanks

this method is secret, and normally only disclosed to those with over a 1000 posts, but you seem like a nice guy. this is not tourny or even feild legal, but...

prepare to be amazed :argh:

zak vetter (http://www.zakvetter.com/)

sTaLa
10-12-2006, 10:59 AM
I read a bit on Vetter's method. If I understand well, I should not get the ULT with that method cause I would loose the "boucebility" of the XValve. And I could fire semi if I don't let the trigger bounce on my finger...

It seems like a very good option :D :D :D

geekwarrior
10-12-2006, 11:14 AM
I read a bit on Vetter's method. If I understand well, I should not get the ULT with that method cause I would loose the "boucebility" of the XValve. And I could fire semi if I don't let the trigger bounce on my finger...

It seems like a very good option :D :D :D

it is fun :shooting:

also look at the pnuemag conversion, it's legal fast :ninja:

Shirow
10-12-2006, 11:18 AM
it is fun :shooting:

also look at the pnuemag conversion, it's legal fast :ninja:

Or just get an X-Valve and see how you like it running 'legally'.

To be honest, since you are running a classic right now, the bounce of the X-Valve will seem like an enormous speed upgrade to you anyway. I was at a big game a couple of weeks back shooting my ReTro valve (which is basically an X-Valve) and somebody said to me while I was fighting alongside them:

'Is that an E-Mag?'

To which I replied.. nope

'Wow, it sure shoots like one!'

I wouldn't have any dreams about blowing out a consistent 15bps with an X-valve running 'legally' but you can definitely let off a decent amount of paint, especially for woodsball/scenario play.

sTaLa
10-12-2006, 11:27 AM
I'll begin with the Xvalve for sure... running it with my preset. I don't have the money at the moment for the XValve + A reg tank.

But one question: Will the ULT remove the bounce of the XValve? Or it will only decrease the weight of the trigger pull?

Thanks.

SCpoloRicker
10-12-2006, 11:40 AM
:tard: Emags werk in teh rain.
Teh manuel even sez 2 shoot teh AGD gatz under water 2 clean it out afta mowing faces.

HK 4 life!!!!1

My RT shoots 34 bps!!1BBQ!

Shingo
10-12-2006, 11:42 AM
I'll begin with the Xvalve for sure... running it with my preset. I don't have the money at the moment for the XValve + A reg tank.

But one question: Will the ULT remove the bounce of the XValve? Or it will only decrease the weight of the trigger pull?

Thanks.

According to this (http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/rapidfire/ult_rapid-fire.html) , you can rapid fire with a UTL... with some adjustments. :ninja:

~Shingo~

sTaLa
10-12-2006, 11:58 AM
According to this (http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/rapidfire/ult_rapid-fire.html) , you can rapid fire with a UTL... with some adjustments. :ninja:

~Shingo~

Yeah, I already read it. But I wonder if you can only rapid fire with that kind of adjustements, or if you'll also be able to shoot normally. This is why I already started a new post named "ULT rapid firing mode..." since it is a subject on its onwn.

But do you know if the ULT will completly remove the bouces of the XValve? Thanks.

Shingo
10-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Sorry sTaLa... that info would have to come from someone who's done it. But I thought that the ULT was suppose to remove the bounce from the x-valva until I read that link.

I was wondering... if an RT on/off was installed into a classic valve, can the classic bounce? maybe not at the ROF of an RT valve... but some kind of reactivity and give a classic a watered down RT "sweet spot"?

~Shingo~

Shirow
10-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I already read it. But I wonder if you can only rapid fire with that kind of adjustements, or if you'll also be able to shoot normally. This is why I already started a new post named "ULT rapid firing mode..." since it is a subject on its onwn.

But do you know if the ULT will completly remove the bouces of the XValve? Thanks.

Yes, it will remove it.

flyingpootang
10-12-2006, 05:28 PM
I've used my emag in rain and had no problems. Just don't dunk it in a bucket of water. As for the valve I've used a stock L7 valve with a L10 and a RT on/off .750 pin and got 20bps on full with an Xmod'ed emag lowers. It had ZERO drop off.....

BeaverEater
10-12-2006, 06:30 PM
I played in the rain countless time when i had my emag. I was never really worried about the electronics, the paint is the real problem when it gets wet.

sTaLa
10-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks Shirow.

So I guess I'll start with the XValve, and then if I want something faster, go with a nice reg tank.

But can anyone tell how is the feeling of the RT run at 850 psi? I mean, it is supposed to have some kind of reactivity... how is it? Thanks again.

warbeak2099
10-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Different with every brand tank.

d4m4don3
10-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks Shirow.

So I guess I'll start with the XValve, and then if I want something faster, go with a nice reg tank.

But can anyone tell how is the feeling of the RT run at 850 psi? I mean, it is supposed to have some kind of reactivity... how is it? Thanks again.

If you add extra shims to the ult you will get small bursts out of the mag. Now if you add an adjustable thank thats set to say 950 psi or more then you have a marker that can reach some high rof.

If you custom order your tank you can have them shim a preset to say 950 psi or so, if you want. I know centerflag did that for me. :)

Shirow
10-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Thanks Shirow.

It will have some. I recall using a preset screw in and being mildly unhappy with the reactivity of it. It bounces a little, but it's not major. You will notice the diff between a classic and an x-valve, and if you never get an adjustable reg you would probably be happy enough with the preset for woodsballing.

However, I now use a flatline on mine and run it at ~950ish (I basically cranked it to JUST below the point where I would sometimes get double shots.) I can crank on it pretty good now, and it's definitely a big diff.

The preset tank I was happiest with was a crossfire, just seemed to run a little better, but it's been a long time since I used it, had the flatline for a few years now..

jenarelJAM
10-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Flatlines forever!

The AGD tank made for AGD markers!

where am i?
10-14-2006, 09:33 PM
if you get the emag lowers dont play in the rain its simple as that

warbeak2099
10-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Wait, who plays in the rain at all?

sTaLa
10-15-2006, 01:25 PM
I mostly play rec; some times it is raining, and we play all the same. Just have to take care of the balls.

if you get the emag lowers dont play in the rain its simple as that
Well, if you read above, you'll find out that some players played in the rain without any issue. But I'll probably go the whole mechanic way. I'd rather have a non-electronic marker.

don miguel
10-18-2006, 08:02 PM

Rainpeople, there is a lot of them in massachusetts.

Head knight of Ni
10-19-2006, 06:15 AM

If you live in central/south Florida, you pretty much have to.