PDA

View Full Version : Yeah another Question-

arplud223
10-11-2006, 04:45 PM
What is the difference between Rt sears and classic mag sears- Is there any. If there was'nt i suppose they would'nt distinquish between the two. Just wondering.

flyingpootang
10-11-2006, 06:06 PM
The RT sears have a bushing and take axle pins that thread into the rails, while the Am/Mm take a larger pin that is not threaded and drop into the rails..

egb groupie
10-11-2006, 06:14 PM
What is the difference between Rt sears and classic mag sears- Is there any. If there was'nt i suppose they would'nt distinquish between the two. Just wondering.

AS far as the physical dimensions, there really is no difference. The difference comes in how the are mounted. The RT sear is mounted using a sear axle pin that is screwed into the rail. When mounted, the sear is "attached" to the rail. It also fits much tighter into the rail due to the brass bushing the sear is fitted with. On a classic sear, the sear axle pin sits in a notch milled into the rail and basically is held into that notch by the mainbody being on top of it. It can freely come out when the rail is not attached to the body. Also the sear doesn't have any type of bushing, so the fit of the sear into the rail is alittle looser than the RT sear.

arplud223
10-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Any performance differences? are they (RT sears)better to use with x-valve's over am\mm sears.

arplud223
10-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Any reason why my mag fires a shot as soon as i gas it up. And sometimes after a good amount of shots my bolt won't completely reset- I have to push it a cm or so then it resets. Any ideas. Thanx

athomas
10-13-2006, 11:38 AM
A quick burst of air into the gun can push the bolt forward and cause a misfire. This generally occurs when the bolt spring is weak. The bolt stick is also a symptom of the same problem.

Change your bolt spring and see if it helps.