PDA

View Full Version : xmag question

wad04
10-13-2006, 02:32 PM
So I just bought a used xmag a few months ago from a kid and it finally came today. I'm looking carefully over the gun and I notice a spring on the front of the gun that almost acts like a switch. It's on the side without the shot-counter, past the feeding tube about an inch. Now I don't have a manual to see what it does or if it should even be there. Can anyone tell me what this is/does??

Thanks

EPIC Unit
10-13-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm not familiar with X-Mags, but maybe this will help: http://www.airgun.com/xmag/ (X-Mag Manual)

A-Tach-One
10-13-2006, 02:38 PM
That is the markers on/off switch. But if he was using a yellow on/off pin in the battery then the ace board was probably fried. :) Have you turned on the marker and fired it?

wad04
10-13-2006, 02:40 PM
what do you mean yellow on/off pin?

wad04
10-13-2006, 02:43 PM
no i haven't fired it yet

A-Tach-One
10-13-2006, 02:43 PM
what do you mean yellow on/off pin?
Nevermind then. What I meant was if there is a yellow pin in the battery housing like EMags use to turn the marker on and off then the on/off switch was probably fried.

So then to answer your original question, that spring is the on/off switch.

wad04
10-13-2006, 02:49 PM
wait, there is a yellow pin... it's hanging on the braided hose. is that what it is?

wad04
10-13-2006, 02:52 PM
but yeah, i put the battery back in and you're right... it is the switch lol.

wad04
10-13-2006, 02:57 PM
okay so the switch does work, and yes I do have a yellow pin that fits in the battery housing. So that means my ace is fried?

A-Tach-One
10-13-2006, 03:02 PM
okay so the switch does work, and yes I do have a yellow pin that fits in the battery housing. So that means my ace is fried?
no, maybe he was storing the marker and placed the yellow pin in to cut power completely. Who knows. As far as the ACE you will have to turn it on, air it up and try dry firing it with ACE on and see what happens.

tribalman
10-13-2006, 03:13 PM
emags use a yellow plastic pin as a sort of on/off. you know the toys and such that are display in stores and they say "try me" but they don't work until you pull that little plastic tab out from the batteries? it's the same idea. that is why there is a small hole in the right side of the battery pack.
i.e. http://www.xmagworld.com/images/unknown_std_001.jpg it's hard to see the yellow, just a speck but the black curly cord attached to it is just a way to keep it from getting lost.

the xmag and people that modded their battery packs use a "spring" as the on/off. an actual switch. as in here http://www.xmagworld.com/xt00161.htm you can see a slight hold and the spring between the body and the battery housing, that's a switch.

wad04
10-13-2006, 03:23 PM
okay that's exactly what I have.

A-Tach-One
10-13-2006, 03:28 PM
tribalman is correct, but your marker has both switch and yellow pin. So like I said, maybe he was storing the marker for a long period of time and wanted to cut the power completly by using the yellow pin. So go ahead and take that yellow pin that's hanging on your braided hose off.

wad04
10-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Okay guys, thanks for all the help. I won't have time to air it up today or for the next few weeks unfortunately because I’m in college. I’ll let you guys know what happens. Again, thanks for all the help