PDA

View Full Version : Best AGD innovation of all time?

don miguel
10-13-2006, 03:07 PM
I coulden't find an awnser for this. What do you think the best AGD innovation of all time is? and why? How did it change the game of paintball? What components make it the best?
I would like your feedback. thanks.

don miguel
10-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Yes I am replying to my own thread to start off. Personally I have two, I think the warp feed and the lvl10 bolt are AGD's best innovations. If i had to stick my finger in someone's feedneck and pull the trigger, I would rather it be a lvl 10 bolt than anything else. The lvl 10 is better than eyes in my opinion, because you can only trust electronics so much (eyes), but you can always trust hardcore mecanical action. The warpfeed is also a great innovation because you can shoot on any side or above any bunker and not expose your hopper. I had gotten so many hopper shots when I had a vert feed. Now with the warp I get none. That's my opinion. :cheers:

wimag
10-13-2006, 03:20 PM
high pressure constant air

RavishingEddie
10-13-2006, 03:37 PM
I would definitely say LVL 10. I love Toms speech on the whole Teeter totter idea. Without lvl10 I would be forced to go electro for speed. LVL 10 gives me a different route to choose from. That is what I love most the ability to choose. :)

The blowforward concept is also great, but I feel like someone would of came up with it anyway. But they went all the way to the left with the lvl 10 idea and still ended up meeting the same goal. NO BALL CHOPS :clap: :clap:

geekwarrior
10-13-2006, 03:38 PM

agreed, that and the lvl 10

oh, and don miguel, I think you can move your useful post count from 0 to 1 :p :cheers:

CKY_Alliance
10-13-2006, 03:39 PM

Thats what came to my mind...lvlX isnt to shabby either, but the one that changed the game was HP consistant air..course the invention of the 6-pak caused the use of constant air..so i gues they kind of go hand in hand..

pump
10-13-2006, 03:56 PM
#3) 6-Pack
#2) HPA use for paintball

and the best one of all time
the Inline Reg/AIR valve

what would paintball be without a Reg????

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
10-13-2006, 03:59 PM
From there start the AIR valve all the working rolled into one, Now only if the m-16 worked in the same principle USMC would jump all over it.

/Semper Fi

FinchMan
10-13-2006, 04:23 PM
#3) 6-Pack
#2) HPA use for paintball

and the best one of all time
the Inline Reg/AIR valve

what would paintball be without a Reg????

just about sums it up.

RavishingEddie
10-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Without LVL 10 there would not be Pneumags ;)

warbeak2099
10-13-2006, 04:58 PM

Pretty much yea. I wouldn't say level 10 is more reliable than eyes. It's just cool because you don't need to have an electro mag to use it. But both systems are just as good as one another. I would even say that eyes are a little more consistant.

Chronobreak
10-13-2006, 05:27 PM
powerfeed?(at the time) :ninja:

/integrated reg

evildead420
10-13-2006, 05:31 PM
defently the Warp Feed IMO, i cant stand hoppers on top of markers :mad:

Geoff Call
10-13-2006, 05:56 PM

FTW!

C02... Picture it. Off the break, guns down at the board. Horn blows. All the new Timmys, Angels, DMs, Egos etc. shoot one hot shot then all the o-rings freeze and the gun shuts down.

Oh wait, they wouldn't be around without HPA... :rolleyes:

-Geoff

grEnAlEins
10-13-2006, 06:14 PM
hit the nail on the head! :clap:

Cow hunter
10-13-2006, 06:35 PM
well to start, HPA

and i dont know how it went unsaid, but i think the other greatest innovation was the mag, where would AGD be without the mag, where would all of YOU be without the mag?

RavishingEddie
10-13-2006, 06:41 PM
well to start, HPA

and i dont know how it went unsaid, but i think the other greatest innovation was the mag, where would AGD be without the mag, where would all of YOU be without the mag?

Probably rockin a Tippmann and proud of it :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :( :confused: :eek:

Rudz
10-13-2006, 07:54 PM
definitely hpa, agd didnt invent "constant air" for paintball, since co2 was available in the form of luxfor c02 tanks, but at the time it wasnt allowed in tourney play, so agd came up with the 6pack, which made changing 12 grams so easy, that constant air..co2 bottles, were allowed, later agd came up with hpa, whick used compressed air, which has to be the single most historic piece of invention in pb history, and if what im told is right, gramps was the first to use co2 bottles..therefore he came up with constant air..atleast thats what he says..

grEnAlEins
10-13-2006, 08:47 PM
well to start, HPA

Still rockin the BE Talon :p

warbeak2099
10-13-2006, 09:02 PM
I'd be shooting an Impulse... ewww *shudder*

grEnAlEins
10-13-2006, 09:29 PM
I picked one of those up after my mag. I now own zero imps and three mags :D

Rudz
10-13-2006, 09:32 PM

id rather use a sling shot..or be a baller and use a wrist rocket ftw!!! :ninja:

FlawleZ
10-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Obviously HPA. Paintball would be nowhere near what it is today without it. All of the fancy electros wouldn't exist without it.

LV10 is obviously HUGE and has kept the Automag alive today.

Its really hard to pin point just one single innovation when the face of AGD itself represents innovation. Almost everything that AGD has produced has been unprecedented and made a lasting impact on the sport.

Maghog
10-15-2006, 05:23 AM
Obviously HPA. Paintball would be nowhere near what it is today without it. All of the fancy electros wouldn't exist without it.

LV10 is obviously HUGE and has kept the Automag alive today.

Its really hard to pin point just one single innovation when the face of AGD itself represents innovation. Almost everything that AGD has produced has been unprecedented and made a lasting impact on the sport.

Well said, but I'd still like to know why paintball as a whole let someone this smart just walk away from the sport with all of his ideas for the future.

warbeak2099
10-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Well said, but I'd still like to know why paintball as a whole let someone this smart just walk away from the sport with all of his ideas for the future.

He didn't walk away. He's still with AGD, just not running the whole show. If he has new ideas for AGD, he'll let Zupan know. Don't worry, Dave isn't without TK's guidance.

don miguel
10-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Ok mabe im a total " :tard: " for not knowing this but did AGD invent HPA?

warbeak2099
10-15-2006, 12:49 PM
AGD introduced HPA for paintball use. Obviously compressed air existed before AGD.

CaptainNeeda
10-15-2006, 02:54 PM
AGD introduced HPA for paintball use. Obviously compressed air existed before AGD.

Yea, that breathing thing involves pressure somewhere, right?

Anyway... What is the current tally?

*HPA
*6-pak/ Micro Ca
*Integrated reg
*Z-grip
*Lvl 10
*Powerfeed
*Can we take credit for early detents?
*Crown point barrel -haha
*Warp Feed

grEnAlEins
10-15-2006, 04:02 PM
*Can we take credit for early detents?
*Crown point barrel -haha
1) I vote yes.
2) Why "haha?" I happen to like them. They shoot fine and "ting ting ting" :rofl: :D

m-a-r-k-7
10-15-2006, 04:21 PM
force feed leaders and HPA... by far.

RoLLonBombs
10-15-2006, 05:10 PM
blow foward valve with integrated regulator? anyone with me

buzzboy
10-15-2006, 05:46 PM
In a way AGD started up the spool valve idea. Really though I would say removable barrels(not the first but they sure helped), HPA, 90* plus gripframes.

dahoeb
10-15-2006, 06:02 PM
My personal favorite innovation by agd definately has been the Level 10. It immediately took away the only excuse i could think of to trade away my mag :)

As far as most influential:
i'm gonna say HPA. By far, it has had the most influence on paintball IMO compared to their other innovations. you can go to almost any field and see it. Its almost comparable to Thomas Edison's lightbulb....almost :)

i also think the z-grip was great. it was so unique and bold at the time, probably the first trigger frame even close to that design and I'm sure it got wdp and other manufacturers thinking about how to redesign their plain jane 45 degree frames into different angles.

RoLLonBombs
10-15-2006, 07:01 PM
the twist lock barrel was also good, wonder why no one else try`d to reporoduce there own version

warbeak2099
10-15-2006, 07:10 PM
the twist lock barrel was also good, wonder why no one else try`d to reporoduce there own version

It was more expensive to produce. A screw-in barrel is much simpler and cheaper to make. There really is no advantage in having a twistlock except for being able to take it out a few seconds quicker. And I really don't think that's such a big deal.

RoLLonBombs
10-15-2006, 08:00 PM
its alot faster it takes like .5 seconds t have it out
with threaded you have to screw it off, then screw it back on...straight t not mess up your treads
i that time i can ssgueegee my barrel light you up and reload and all you did was take your barrel off :-P

warbeak2099
10-15-2006, 08:07 PM
its alot faster it takes like .5 seconds t have it out
with threaded you have to screw it off, then screw it back on...straight t not mess up your treads
i that time i can ssgueegee my barrel light you up and reload and all you did was take your barrel off :-P

That's why you use a stick squeegee with a screw-in barrel. Don't need to take the barrel off at all. Now who's quicker?

RoLLonBombs
10-15-2006, 08:12 PM
That's why you use a stick squeegee with a screw-in barrel. Don't need to take the barrel off at all. Now who's quicker?

me

warbeak2099
10-15-2006, 08:24 PM
me

wrongzorz. I'm 0.5 seconds faster. Because I won't even need to take my barrel off to squeegee.

RoLLonBombs
10-15-2006, 08:29 PM
yeah but there will stil be residue and your bal will curve and miss me the only thing that changed from scenario A. is that no you know your geonna et lit up

grEnAlEins
10-15-2006, 08:38 PM
I work for twist lock barrels, threaded barrels, and squeegees. So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies. Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about. But trust me.... You don't. I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you don't know what you are talking about. This is how bad info gets passed around. If you don't know about the topic....Don't make yourself sound like you do. Because some kiddies believe anything they hear.
:rofl: :rofl:

warbeak2099
10-15-2006, 08:42 PM
yeah but there will stil be residue and your bal will curve and miss me the only thing that changed from scenario A. is that no you know your geonna et lit up

Not with the kind of squeegee I'm thinking about. If there's residue with a stick squeegee then there will be residue in your twistlock with a jerk squeege. I'm not talking about a freakin barrel swab lol. You've obviously never used one of those black stick squeegees. You push on a lever at the base end that collapses the rubber cleaning disk. Then you just stick the squeege all the way down the barrel, release the lever, and pull the squeegee out. Just as good a job as a jerk squeegee. Sorry, no practical advantage to using a twistlock.

RoLLonBombs
10-15-2006, 08:42 PM
man im just breakin balls sorry i dont put 100% factual information when joking around, chances of me and him playin...probably 0 so sorry if you thik this "kiddie doesnt know what hes talking about

jeez so many people want to sound superior i work for barrel blah blah blah noobie kids dont know nothing, blah blah blah

grEnAlEins
10-15-2006, 08:44 PM
man im just breakin balls sorry i dont put 100% factual information when joking around, chances of me and him playin...probably 0 so sorry if you thik this "kiddie doesnt know what hes talking about

jeez so many people want to sound superior i work for barrel blah blah blah noobie kids dont know nothing, blah blah blah
:spit_take :rofl: don't take offense, use the search feature on some of the terms in my reply and you will the exact same thing posted about a variety of topics. It is a joke :p :D

EDIT: also note my "rofl dudes" ;)

captian pinky
10-15-2006, 08:57 PM
i say field strip screw and also hpa and ca and

i love tom kaye :cheers: :hail:

warbeak2099
10-15-2006, 09:35 PM
:spit_take :rofl: don't take offense, use the search feature on some of the terms in my reply and you will the exact same thing posted about a variety of topics. It is a joke :p :D

EDIT: also note my "rofl dudes" ;)

Lol yea I know. That's why I didn't respond to it haha. I believe the Ricker started it.

grEnAlEins
10-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Lol yea I know. That's why I didn't respond to it haha. I believe the Ricker started it.
He may have been first to put it up here, but it is uber-old and all over... I love the "I work for" spiel :D

jenarelJAM
10-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Not with the kind of squeegee I'm thinking about. If there's residue with a stick squeegee then there will be residue in your twistlock with a jerk squeege. I'm not talking about a freakin barrel swab lol. You've obviously never used one of those black stick squeegees. You push on a lever at the base end that collapses the rubber cleaning disk. Then you just stick the squeege all the way down the barrel, release the lever, and pull the squeegee out. Just as good a job as a jerk squeegee. Sorry, no practical advantage to using a twistlock.
Where can I get me one of these? I've never heard of them before...

warbeak2099
10-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Where can I get me one of these? I've never heard of them before...

Straight Shot (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=1Ik0hOswueU07q4DqrP0LOGWa3rsHt_sTyg=?Pro ductID=FkqsFAY7jaMAAAD30X2lA_2y#)

You actually push down on the opposite end and the disk collapses. Insert all the way to the end back of the barrel and release the spring end of the squeegee. The disk pops back up and you can just pull it through the barrel, getting most everything right out.

Maggot6
10-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Mechanical / Electronic or Mechanical+electronic, by the flip of a switch(or two, or a yellow pin)
Twistlock...

MY favourite two things by AGD (that I've owned)..

WenULiVeUdiE
10-16-2006, 05:11 PM
The best thing AGD brought to the table was true scientific testing, or at least the publicizing of it. They have done tests not only to better their own products, but to ensure the livelyhood and prosperity of others may also be ensured. Mr. Kaye may not be the best marketing manager, but he is one hell of a scientist.

Actual invention: Compressed Air

warbeak2099
10-16-2006, 05:16 PM
The best thing AGD brought to the table was true scientific testing, or at least the publicizing of it. They have done tests not only to better their own products, but to ensure the livelyhood and prosperity of others may also be ensured. Mr. Kaye may not be the best marketing manager, but he is one hell of a scientist.

Actual invention: Compressed Air

As cool as TK is, he did not invent the empirical method. I'm quite sure he wasn't around during the Enlightenment period in Europe. :p

gibby
10-16-2006, 05:33 PM
I would have to agree with the HPA thing.

As for the other stuff mentioned, I think that's great for the Automag's portion of the pb world only...not for the pb universe as a whole.

WenULiVeUdiE
10-16-2006, 05:37 PM
As cool as TK is, he did not invent the empirical method. I'm quite sure he wasn't around during the Enlightenment period in Europe. :p

But he did bring it into paintball...;)

Miscue
10-16-2006, 05:39 PM
I could be mistaken... but I thought AGD made the hopper.

warbeak2099
10-16-2006, 07:45 PM
But he did bring it into paintball...;)

that's true :rolleyes:

benzy2
10-16-2006, 08:11 PM
In order
Use of HPA
warpfeed
The mag
then lvl 10

As smart of an idea as lvl 10 is its very specific in nature and only applies to part of the mag owners. The mag itself reaches more people and has influenced a few current designs. The reg in it has been imitated in inline regs more than a few times. The warpfeed was really the lead in to eggs and halos. Companies saw the inerest in faster forcefeed hoppers due to the warp and it has changed the way a big portion of the game is played today. Still thought the most influential idea has to be the use of HPA. Almost anyone who has used or tried any of the already mentioned products has heard or used HPA. Co2 can be done fairly well but HPA is just such a better all around gas its hard to argue that was their biggest accomplishment, even if it was the one that paid them the least in the end.

shaunyoung000
10-16-2006, 08:32 PM
high pressure constant - obviously one of the most popular concepts, still used everyday by most.
classic valves - made the best semi guns in a none saturated market, I'd say started the trend.
twist lock barrels- in particular, the nubins, it was the precursor for detents.

in that order would be my choices

don miguel
10-17-2006, 07:34 PM
I COMPLETELY FORGOT!!!!!! my favorite AGD innovation that changed the world of paintball has to be the zgrip. This is what sparked every gripframe idea excluding 45 degree grip. for example:
CIRCA 1995
http://www.airgun.com/museum/largetiffs/z-gripvm.jpg
CIRCA not too later than zgrip WDp ir3
http://www.gijoes.com/graphics/product_images/p847455reg.jpg
Circa 2006 (pretty sure) Logic shocker vert frame
http://www.logicpaintball.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/RipperV-S_PreOrder.jpg
Thanks AGD for your great innovations! I wish I had a zgrip :cuss: mabe someday one will fall out of the sky and hit me in the head. :p
Whoever owns a zgrip, I would keep it because you own a piece of AGD history. If you need to give it to someone for free, then hook me up.

don miguel
10-17-2006, 08:03 PM
One problem with twist lock is that if the outside of the twist lock part of the barell isn't milled right, the barell will move up and down, and side to side, It won't stay centered like threaded barells. Do you gut what I mean. This happened wuth my TL j&j
--------------------------------------------
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSES
--------------------------------------------

Lohman446
10-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Everyone remember taking off there twist lock, cleaning it, and them jamming it back in place to recall you had not turned off the powerfeed and there was a ball there...

don miguel
10-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Everyone remember taking off there twist lock, cleaning it, and them jamming it back in place to recall you had not turned off the powerfeed and there was a ball there...
Then they all roll out the bodykit and you loose a hopper of paint. Yup, has happened many o' times chill'un.

Fred
10-17-2006, 08:18 PM
AO was...

then AO died.

don miguel
10-20-2006, 03:30 PM
What are you talking about?