PDA

View Full Version : Okay time for me to get nerdy ....

lopxtc
10-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Okay does anyone here have the Doctor Who theme song in mp3 format? I can find midi, and wav no problem but I need mp3.

They only offer it in the UK on the Dr. Who website ... but someone has to have it :)

Thanks,

Aaron

Grey Goose
10-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Long time, bro :)

Dude what you need is "Doctorin' the Tardis" !

It's the club/house mix done by the Timelords (also know as the KLF*), and it rocks. If you're interested, p.m. me your email and I'll send it. Also let me know if you want a WAV for full quality (I have the CD).

It's a pretty cool song, lots of Whovian sound FX, Tardis, Daleks, and other stuff sampled in.

Doctor Who hah hah haWhoooo

Here's a YouTube of the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdTELokKfCk).

* one of the great acid house bands of all time, rock that 3.a.m. Eternal!

lopxtc
10-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Damn no joke ... LOL didnt even know if you were still around LOL.

Actually Im looking for the mp3 version for a ring tone LOL. I found the official ring tone, but its only available for UK based cell phones ... and that sucks.

I will check out those others though.

Aaron

Steelrat
10-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Long time, bro :)

Dude what you need is "Doctorin' the Tardis" !

It's the club/house mix done by the Timelords (also know as the KLF*), and it rocks. If you're interested, p.m. me your email and I'll send it. Also let me know if you want a WAV for full quality (I have the CD).

It's a pretty cool song, lots of Whovian sound FX, Tardis, Daleks, and other stuff sampled in.

Doctor Who hah hah haWhoooo

Here's a YouTube of the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdTELokKfCk).

* one of the great acid house bands of all time, rock that 3.a.m. Eternal!

Holy crap, I love that song. That came out quite a long time ago. If you have it, I'd love to get it!

Grey Goose
10-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Aaron, what part are you looking for? The warbling opening sound? I can try to snip it out of Doctorin the Tardis.

Steelrat, yeah you know I was that kid in school that was like "f*ck that Bon Jovi & Skid Row, crap check *this* out..." pm me your email addy.

wimag
10-13-2006, 09:29 PM
i got it

lopxtc
10-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Got the mp3 opening theme or got the song Goose mentioned?

Aaron

i got it

FiXeL
10-14-2006, 10:39 AM
I got a mp of Dr. Who theme by Orbital... You've got PM.

wimag
10-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Got the mp3 opening theme or got the song Goose mentioned?

Aaron

i sent the whole song to Goose

Grey Goose
10-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Got, it, thanks. Aaron, send me your email addy again? I'll forward it.

Ok, so now I have:

Dr. Who theme (original)
Doctorin' the Tardis
Dr. Who theme (Orbital live)

Any else know of any Dr. Who songs/mixes? This is cool. I already got the "wtf" look from my wife when I was playing the theme earlier on my laptop =D

Steelrat
10-14-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm going to try to get the original Orbital version. The live one sounded almost like a bootleg version.

Grey Goose
10-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Hook me up if you get it. I was a bit let down by that also. I have a "Halcyon" live mp3 that is really fantastic (they do "Halcyon" and mix in "You Give Love a Bad Name" and "Heaven Is a Place on Earth"). I know that sounds really weird, but it's really well done, very good. It is live, though, and the quality is absolutely top notch.

lopxtc
10-15-2006, 10:08 AM
FiXeL -- thanks, but not what I need.

What I need is about 5-10 seconds of the opening theme from the TV Show in mp3 format.

Goto this link;

http://www.bbcworldwide.com/audiocall/doctorwho/

Click on the "real" play button ... I want that but longer, about 5-10 seconds. They only let you get that ring tone on UK phones which sucks.

Aaron

Grey Goose
10-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Send me your email addy foo

FiXeL
10-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Sent u a PM with some links you should check out :)