PDA

View Full Version : LPR Max Input PSI?

benzy2
10-13-2006, 11:59 PM
First off I searched and didnt find much specific on the first 5 pages of the search so I gave up.

Ok so Im looking at doing another pneumag setup and was looking at getting another lpr. I know the micro rock is quality reg and does the job good but compared to what all else is out there it is a bit expensive. Dont get me wrong 45 bucks new isnt killer but for what I see some other regs going for used its easy to want a cheaper alternative. I figured it would make things even easier on all those people out there who are also looking to piece together a pneumag to list the LPRs that will work off of a preset.

So we know that the micro rock works
From what I saw it looks like the Tickler and maybe the sledgehammer work.
Would say an old stock cocker LPR work?(Is that the same as the sledgehammer?)
How about a sonic LPR?
The LPR from a works cocker?
A dye cocker LPR?
Planet eclipse?
ANS?
Shocktech?
ETC...

I know a lot of this would be hard to know without a specs sheet in front of them and last I checked those dont come in a manual. :( If anyone has any knowledge or a past thread that talks of at least a few of these I would greatly appreciate it.

sniper1rfa
10-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Most LPR's should be fine with well over 500 psi input. The jackhammer should be fine, as it is pretty much a mag reg only smaller.

Any WGP reg should be fine.

I'd bet the sonic LPR will be fine.

Honestly, i dont think any of them will fail.

benzy2
10-15-2006, 12:29 AM
I thought the extra pressure wore at least some of them (or at least the seals) out quickly. If not all the better.

Pneumagger
10-15-2006, 01:12 AM
i dislike the internal reg seat design of the tickler, but I love the size. They seem to work great and I have no problem with the WGP regs. All WGP regs are nearly identical internally with swappable parts. The pneumatics really dont use enough air to really tax any reg, so the only issue is the input pressure.

Mako regs work like crap I hear.

FinchMan
10-15-2006, 01:32 AM
so a tickler will take 900psi fine? cool.

Shouldn't this be in the workshop? :rolleyes: :p

benzy2
10-15-2006, 01:40 AM
Yeah I wasnt as much worried about them not being able to supply enough air as much as the reg either not working at all or very poorly under such high input pressures. I picked up an old stock cocker lpr a while ago for like 5 bucks. I was thinking of setting the pressure on it and then using it for at least testing if not sticking it on a gun.

warbeak2099
10-15-2006, 11:19 AM
i dislike the internal reg seat design of the tickler, but I love the size. They seem to work great and I have no problem with the WGP regs. All WGP regs are nearly identical internally with swappable parts. The pneumatics really dont use enough air to really tax any reg, so the only issue is the input pressure.

Mako regs work like crap I hear.

About what pressure are you running into the pneus from the lpr on your guns? Is it pretty low like 40-60 or like 80-100?