PDA

View Full Version : Supper Bolt Cracked and split! Sad...

markskee
12-28-2001, 10:46 AM
Well guys I shot about a loader of balls and started to shoot again and the tip of my supper bolt flew out the end of my barrel I stopped shooting and took out my bolt and the bolt was cracked all the way down the side and the sleeve fell off this all happened the day after I got it. It was one out of the trimmed down batch that was sent out the week before x-mas. The tip of the bolt was also larger than the body of the bolt, not to mention larger than all of my stock mag bolts 3 different types total, all stainless. Maybe the bolt got hung up somewhere in the gun. I think a smaller OD. would be the fix and thicker walls on the sleeve. Come on Fatten up that sleeve! AGD my bolt should be in your hands today sometime along with a note.I don't think it is the cold weather though because I live in CA. and I was indoors shooting out of a window.

Magsrule3
12-28-2001, 10:50 AM
If it is too big it sounds like you were shipped a Emag Extreem bolt, becasue they have a larger O.D and shouldnt even fit the standard mag.

paintballrulzs
12-28-2001, 10:51 AM
wow that sux man sorry. hopefully u got another bolt in the meantime

markskee
12-28-2001, 11:01 AM
AGD told me that my bolt was for a mag and that sould not have happend. And the bolt did fit but there was no room for error. It was a Perfect fit and I do mean realy perfect to perfect I think. Plastic of any sort is not to stable and expands and contracts alot I think there needs to be a bit more room for error some wiggle room maybe?

DjGruv
12-28-2001, 11:25 AM
(Quality) Always shoots straight!?:rolleyes:

damageinc54
12-28-2001, 11:28 AM
So what is this now two different guys that have had the sleeves crack on their superbolts right after they started using them? The superbolt is looking better every day! I think that they should have been sold with about 3 replacement sleeves.

paintballer187
12-28-2001, 01:07 PM
man that sucks, hopefully tom gets the bugs out of the superbolts

Butterfingers
12-28-2001, 04:01 PM
Hmm... The crack in mine seemed to have stoped where the bolt thickens at the end. Then it continues cracking in a diffrent dirction right below the thicker plastic. Perhaps making the whole bolt the same thickness as the tip would solve the problem. Either that or use somthing a bit more impact resistant than delrin like kevlar or polycarbonate.

Other than that I really liked the bolt for the time that it lasted. It noticed a significant decrease in vibration from my gun under rapid fire. I liked the new smooth feel of my e-mag.

nutz
12-28-2001, 06:17 PM
make sure tom hears about this... i think a super bolt problem is starting to show up

AGD
12-28-2001, 08:54 PM
Call for an RA and send it in, we want to see it.

AGD