PDA

View Full Version : What can I do with it?

granpa_jo
10-14-2006, 10:43 PM
I have a classic mag. Its the one in the pictures below. I would like to upgrade it some, but I'm relatively new to the mag business, so I'm going to ask you all here what I can do.

I'd like to get the level 10 bolt, but I read that this will not work with the field rental mags? I'm assuming that since mine has a big "FIELD RENTAL" tag engraved on it, its probably one of the non compatible models. So what are my options? I was thinking of getting a ULE body for it anyhow so i can find some decent barrels for the thing. Will this solve the level 10 problem?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/Granpa_jo/223719.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/Granpa_jo/223730.jpg

geekwarrior
10-14-2006, 11:25 PM
welcome to AO

you could get a new classic valve, maybe find one with lvl 10 already on it. I think the lvl 10 is a better upgrade than the ule body.

or if you are running air instead of CO2, you could find an Xvalve or RT valve with lvl 10.

flyingpootang
10-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Your valve will work perfect with a L10 bolt. A ULE body will you to use Auto cocker threaded barrels. With a RT on/off & a .725 pin will give you a very light consistant pull more than you'll get with a ULT. I have used this set up with my classic valve on a Hyperframe and Emag lowers shooting as fast as 20 bps, no eyes and no chops.....

Madmarx
10-15-2006, 09:30 AM
I have a double finger trigger and a minimag valve with level 10 bolt if you're interested.
Also have a Dye ultralite twist lockbarrel.

lasrsktr
10-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Your valve will work perfect with a L10 bolt. A ULE body will you to use Auto cocker threaded barrels. With a RT on/off & a .725 pin will give you a very light consistant pull more than you'll get with a ULT. I have used this set up with my classic valve on a Hyperframe and Emag lowers shooting as fast as 20 bps, no eyes and no chops.....

I was under the impression that the field rental valve will not take a Lvl 10 bolt kit. I had one and could not get the thing to stop leaking. I also got some help at a local field from Sk8ermog and he couldn't tune it as well.

I went and traded the valve in for an X-Valve... No issues on the trade in.

Good luck and welcome to the community.

egb groupie
10-15-2006, 10:33 PM
A Classic Mag marked field rental cannot take the level ten bolt kit due to a "restrictor plate" being permanently installed that restricts the airflow, which reduces the max fps the valve can shoot. This was done for safety reasons, especially in the days of CO2 (hot shots), and it made it easier for field staff to keep them chrono'ed at a safe speed.

athomas
10-16-2006, 12:52 PM
You can have the powertube drilled out to accept the level 10. You can probably do it yourselve with a drill press.