PDA

View Full Version : SP youtube advertisments

Pneumagger
10-15-2006, 11:22 PM
I know there was a thread somewhere on something like this... but I couldn't find it.

Anyways... The jest of these advertisements are:
"Skill is no longer needed to be victorious. Only ruthlessness and an ION"
"Paintball is no longer honorable"
"You only need some big oakley wraparounds... not a mask"

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrj6zyepXgY
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrcQa50n4hM

Glickman
10-15-2006, 11:37 PM
and the award goes to...

SP!
http://www.rit.edu/~meg1016/AO/DeeDeeSP.jpeg

neppo1345
10-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Wow...

Those are single-handedly the most retarded comercials I have ever seen...

Next to the one for that 'Head On' garbage.

Are they trying to say that SP is battling against dishonorable paintball? Pah-lease

AGD
10-16-2006, 12:08 AM
I have to chime in here... I will bet anything that SP didn’t go out and have these commercials written up and made. The most likely scenario is some customer cooked them up on their own and sent them to SP to pay homage for what a great company they are. SP probably just ran with it to see what would happen. Kind of reminds me of the Tippman adds with the buff guy in a pink tutu. Yea really stupid but anything gets mileage in paintball since just having a good product is not good enough these days.

AGD

pennywise
10-16-2006, 12:22 AM
So, a new gun called, uh..."Ephiphany"...?

Pneumagger
10-16-2006, 12:26 AM
I have to chime in here... I will bet anything that SP didn’t go out and have these commercials written up and made. The most likely scenario is some customer cooked them up on their own and sent them to SP to pay homage for what a great company they are. SP probably just ran with it to see what would happen. Kind of reminds me of the Tippman adds with the buff guy in a pink tutu. Yea really stupid but anything gets mileage in paintball since just having a good product is not good enough these days.

AGD

IDK tom, if you look at the actual animation and quality of the medium, it seems to me some big bucks were shelled out for this. Personally, I don't find SP guns (especially the ION) noteworthy of devoting ALOT of time towards this production for kudos. I mean, if your skilled enough to make something like this you must have some dollars in the bank, and if your just that inspired by SP... then why make a hype cartoon for the ION?

On the same token... I can see several reasons why a major company wouldn't produce this and lay claim to it. However, they did host it on their youtube account. :confused:

Pneumagger
10-16-2006, 12:28 AM
So, a new gun called, uh..."Ephiphany"...?
that's the ION... there are 2 or 3 scenes in part 2 where you canmake out the ION body shell and such. The gun even seems oversized compared to the shooter (or the shooter's a midget) in those scenes to put emphasis on the gun.

magman007
10-16-2006, 01:18 AM
well, seeing as i saw this on one of the mohegan sun tournament shows, id say its for real... but wtf is their point... what was the new gun that they handed him etc. looks like the nxt shocker.

edweird
10-16-2006, 01:24 AM
Guess them IP lawsuits and buyouts have drained the majority of their budget to fund that non(read as never)-existant R&D department, or any serious attempt at marketing consultation.

pennywise
10-16-2006, 02:50 AM
that's the ION... there are 2 or 3 scenes in part 2 where you canmake out the ION body shell and such. The gun even seems oversized compared to the shooter (or the shooter's a midget) in those scenes to put emphasis on the gun.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's an ION...they did put quite an emphasis on the word "ephipany" though. Pay attention to when he hands him the gun at the end. Besides, the new Shockers look like IONs. I'm sure SP is banking off of the look of their flagship marker and just continuing to roll with what works.

AGD
10-16-2006, 02:51 AM
Well it may be a SP effort but I find it really strange they used a "Warp Feed" style system. On top of that, they feed it in from the top which looks wierd. Then again, if you were going to spend the big bucks, why waist it on a product that has been out for a while instead of the "next great thing"? I would think SP would have has some idea on how miserably our comic book concept failed years ago, but then again you never know...

AGD

BigEvil
10-16-2006, 06:35 AM
That guy wearing the cloak with the SP logo on it must be their patent lawyer.

warbeak2099
10-16-2006, 07:10 AM
"Paintball is no longer honorable"
"You only need some big oakley wraparounds... not a mask"

And that you can kill blue colored bad guys with a paintball gun... so freaking stupid.

rabidchihauhau
10-16-2006, 07:26 AM
Prez,

come on - you know as well as I do that it makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world whether somerthing comes out of your head or someone else's.

What's that tired old saying? "You can lead a paintball company to television, but you can't make it drink?" Or something like that...

Pneumagger
10-16-2006, 07:27 AM
That guy wearing the cloak with the SP logo on it must be their patent lawyer.

OMG... your right. If I were AKA and he came a-knockin', then I would've folded too.

Pneumagger
10-16-2006, 07:39 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's an ION...they did put quite and emphasis on the word "ephipany" though. Pay attention to when he hands him the gun at the end. Besides, the new Shockers look like IONs. I'm sure SP is banking off of the look of their flagship marker and just continuing to roll with what works.

Video subtitle - "In the Battle of Good vs. Evil: Equipment Counts" --> but I thought SP was the bad guy :confused:
Ok, here is a screenshot of the part 2 episode after he kills all those blue maskless people (spectators?) with the paintball marker. :tard:

Looks like an oversized Stock ION. But think I also saw a nerve and weird bodied shocker in there too (NXT maybe). My guess is that they're hyping the NXT shocker. Maybe the "Epiphany" PL NXT Shocker can morph into every SP gun. :rofl: Also, at the end of the scene where he kill sthe spectators... he is holding the same marker as the SP lawyer shows him @ the end.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/jrm33/GhaySPAd.jpg

geekwarrior
10-16-2006, 08:45 AM
anybody watch the smartparts world cup on espn 2 this weekend? both those commercials ran. Overall the whole event was kinda cheesy. I thought they could have done better with the camera angles, the noise of the game was too soft, and the announcers and interviews were crappy. And Russian Legion got SPANKED by XSV :eek:

Pneumagger
10-16-2006, 09:30 AM
only SP would run a goddam anime cartoon on espn-2. I'm contacting burt reynolds to enstate a man law to stop this travesty.

No cartoon animations on any sports network with the exeption of short comic relief involving a relavent sporting incident. ll in favor say, "I".

geekwarrior
10-16-2006, 09:35 AM
on the espn2 show, they interviewed one of the players right before commercial break. the guy was talking about how paintball wasnt a bunch of guys pretending to play soldier, they're not crazy wacos training to kill people. Right after that the commercial for SP ran, the one with the guys falling out of the sky and the player shooting all of them. They had red paint to look like blood, and the guys collapsed like they were dead after they got shot. :tard:

BigEvil
10-16-2006, 10:21 AM
on the espn2 show, they interviewed one of the players right before commercial break. the guy was talking about how paintball wasnt a bunch of guys pretending to play soldier, they're not crazy wacos training to kill people. Right after that the commercial for SP ran, the one with the guys falling out of the sky and the player shooting all of them. They had red paint to look like blood, and the guys collapsed like they were dead after they got shot. :tard:

And I used to wonder why all of these little EMO kids are so confused. :confused:

rabidchihauhau
10-16-2006, 11:06 AM
only SP would run a goddam anime cartoon on espn-2. I'm contacting burt reynolds to enstate a man law to stop this travesty.

No cartoon animations on any sports network with the exeption of short comic relief involving a relavent sporting incident. ll in favor say, "I".

I'll second that motion, but I'd like to introduce a slight modification to the 'law'

"No cartoons may appear during sporting events - unless its during a commercial for BEER!"

ManLaw: Stupid, but right!

rabidchihauhau
10-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Prez,

come on - you know as well as I do that it makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world whether somerthing comes out of your head or someone else's.

What's that tired old saying? "You can lead a paintball company to television, but you can't make it drink?" Or something like that...

TK - re-read this post, and as we have an ancient history of at least one communication error (PMI-III vs 'Mag, if you remember) I wanted to make sure that this one was being read correctly:

My statements were not directed at you. The 'you' in the first sentence was a place holder for certain other companies that seem to believe that unless they 'invent' something, its really not invented. I was also not referring to AGD when I said 'paintball company', again, it was a euphamism for certain 'OTHER' paintball companies that seem to feel that they can reinvent the wheel so long as it has their logo on it, and that their logo somehow makes it a 'super-wheel'.

You know how sarcastic I can get. Boy, this foot tastes awful...

BigEvil
10-16-2006, 12:13 PM
No matter what your views of Smart Parts, their products, commercials, business practices or ethics, we are all doing exactly what they want - talking about them.

If enough people ignore them, they will go away someday, just like Agdlover :-) LOL

Pneumagger
10-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Were making fun of SP though --> Cause their guns suck, their actions contridict thier own goals, and I really have no clue why their on top of the PB market :confused:

Maybe if I can hire a lawyer to help me patent something that's already in our office... I can strongarm my way to a raise or promotion. :argh:

Lenny
10-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Were making fun of SP though --> Cause their guns suck...
Hmm... really? I remember you liking my Shocker pretty well at Splat once... :rolleyes:

But sadly, I hate SP too. It shouldn't take four months to mail one stinkin' solenoid screw! (Clipper, it's still in the shop. I guess Dan--owner--is going to snatch one at World Cup.) Talk about customer service...

MANN
10-16-2006, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=Pneumagger]I know there was a thread somewhere on something like this... but I couldn't find it.

QUOTE]
I noticed that also. That is a horrible motto/slogan.

Is that feeder coming from a backpack?

autococker04
10-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Wow...

Those are single-handedly the most retarded comercials I have ever seen...

Are they trying to say that SP is battling against dishonorable paintball? Pah-lease

apply directly to the forehead

iambored
10-16-2006, 04:42 PM
sp should use all that money they get from other companies and by a better animation team

grEnAlEins
10-16-2006, 04:51 PM
On the contrary, I happen to love head on...
"Head On. Apply directly to the forehead. Head On. Apply directly to the forehead.Head On. Apply directly to the forehead." :p

-Wait, but what does it do?
-I don't know, but I have a strong urge to put some on my forehead.
:rofl:

As for these "advertisments" I saw them today in my Crim 305 class (loooong story), and I was sickened, almost to the point of vomiting. It is sooooo stupid. Everyone else seemed to love it though...

pennywise
10-17-2006, 01:35 AM
Looks like an oversized Stock ION.
Yes, in that picture, it is an ION; however, when the Morpheus wannbe leads him down the hall and presses the niftly little SP logo that opens the inter-dimensional teleportation Quisinart, that reveals a new gun, it's definitely not an ION inside there.

Pneumagger
10-17-2006, 05:42 AM
Ya I know. It looks identical to the one he killed the blue people with. So he already has the new gun too.

Danimal82
10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Paintball gun toting power ranger ninjas = many 10 year olds begging mom for an ion

The holiday season is approaching. Get your ion before they're all gone.

fullofpaint
10-17-2006, 07:51 PM
NXt shocker for the new gun thing i think, has that weird drop reg thingy

Toll
10-17-2006, 10:27 PM
For those of you who mock head on : Hand some one a glue stick and tell them it's head on.

They will instinctively think about rubbing their heads with it.