PDA

View Full Version : Tac-One or RT ULE Custom

dogs_and_such
10-16-2006, 09:40 AM
Hey guys, im new to the forum but not new to paintball. I have been playing on and off for the past 10 years but im just getting back in after being away for a few years. Looks like a lot has changed. I remember when it used to be automags and cockers as far as high end and angels were just coming in to play. I used to have a custom cocker but got rid of that a few years ago. Call me old fashioned but I want to stick with a proven winner and im not looking for an electric gun. What do you guys think about the Tac-One or RT ULE Custom. I’m a woodsball guy and am not interested in speedball at all but I am looking for a quality gun. As far as play style I am more of a sniper type but have no problems attacking either. Please let me know which gun you think will fit my needs better. Price really isn’t an issue I had over 1300 into my old cocker, but it always gave me problems. I’m looking for something that after its set I don’t have to worry about it for a while. I do like upgrading though so im not looking for something that is not upgradeable.

Thanks guys!

Shirow
10-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Do you want to attach scopes etc?

If not, get the RT.

dogs_and_such
10-16-2006, 10:02 AM
only thing I might consider getting is a laser sight...but other then that not much...im more interested in a quality marker not really too concerned with a scope or anything.

Pneumagger
10-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Tac one for woodsball all the way.

dogs_and_such
10-16-2006, 10:19 AM
would either of those 2 guns be the best option or am I being closed minded about other possiblities. I just remember mags being one of the BEST. Are the tac-one and custom basically the same gun anyway other then the Rails for the aftermarkets? Also I would be running the gun off a remote, not sure if that helps at all.

thanks!

Chronobreak
10-16-2006, 10:31 AM
if your into scenario/mil sim get the tac

if you want the lightest and sleekest get the ule custom

also checkout themagsmith.com
or tunamart.com for great deals on custom mags

both guns wil take the same upgrades for the most part, but the tac will also take the picanti mount scopes and what not.

geekwarrior
10-16-2006, 10:36 AM
would either of those 2 guns be the best option or am I being closed minded about other possiblities. I just remember mags being one of the BEST. Are the tac-one and custom basically the same gun anyway other then the Rails for the aftermarkets? Also I would be running the gun off a remote, not sure if that helps at all.

thanks!

if you want to stay mechanical, than yes, the mag is the way to go. either of those will do fine. There's a nice rt on ebay with buy it now of $350 :ninja:

welcome to AO :cheers:

$tevo
10-16-2006, 11:40 AM
yea both are the same thing with different bodies for the most part. with the tac-one you can mount items on for scenario play and such. i dont know the weight difference of both tac one and custom. but the customs are very light. IMO i like tac ones, one of these days i want to pick up an ETac

dogs_and_such
10-16-2006, 01:27 PM
as far as air systems for the tac-one (remote) what would you recomend (on a 250-300 budget). I was leaning twards the tac-one and for my type of play I think with the responses I have gotten it might be the right choice, was going to go warped or a q-loader...is this a good choice?

Chaos_Theory!
10-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Well you have to go with a HP air tank so id suggest a PMI or the like 68/4500 tank. As far as a loader goes, if ya want a arp style setup go with a warp feed. Qloaders are cool but not very [ractical.