PDA

View Full Version : Question on a Level 7 to RT conversion

WetworkMerc
10-16-2006, 10:38 AM
I recently picked up an older-body Micromag (Fixed crown point barrel) and though I like it for the "old classic muscle-car of paintball" kind of nostalga it brings out of everyone that looks at it... I'd like to give it a little bit more of a kick out on the field. (I can't help but tinker.)

I ask because I have a full RT assembly in one of my tool-kits and was wondering if it should just bolt right in and fire, or if anything needs to change to get the mag to accept it.

If it works, it might be a jumping off point for something with even more Oomph. Might it take a Level 10, or even an X-Valve?

Tried searching for prior threads on this, but haven't had any luck thus far. Thanks folks.

flyingpootang
10-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Any valve/bolt will fir except a classic RT valve. RT pro, Retro, Emag, MicroEmag, and Xvalve are all the same with the exception of being half stainless and half aluminium vs an all aluminum construction.

WetworkMerc
10-16-2006, 11:26 AM
It is an older RT classic assembly (valve, on/off, power tube, bolt, spring).

So it sounds like I may be S.O.L in this conversion until I pick up a different valve assembly.

Eh, bummer... Was worth inquiring about at least. :)

athomas
10-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, the original RT valves won't work because of the way they receive air through the banjo bolt in the bottom. Any other retro or xvalve valve will work.

The level 10 bolt may need to be sanded down a bit on the tip. Some of the older micromags had a tighter breach. Not a big problem.

Coralis
10-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Yeah i had to dremel/sand the level 10 bolt to work in my micromag (took about 15 - 20 mins). Depending on your skill level/determination you might be able to modify the back of the micro so that you could use your RT but it would require some metal working and probably not worth the time.