PDA

View Full Version : Angel Detents?

FiXeL
10-16-2006, 01:28 PM
I was wondering if i could use Angel detents for my xmag. My current one has worn out, and although i replaced it with the detent in my WR breech, i still need to pick up some detents in case it wares out again. In holland its kinda hard to obtain AGD parts from a store, but i can get angel parts fairly easy. The current one is also an angel detent i believe, its a round head with a hex in the middle, (smaller than 1/8 hex) and the AGD ones have a flat head and 6 nots around the side. (got one in my CF breech)

So, can i use them without worry, or should i order original AGD detents?

Thanks! :cheers:

egb groupie
10-16-2006, 02:20 PM
I was wondering if i could use Angel detents for my xmag. My current one has worn out, and although i replaced it with the detent in my WR breech, i still need to pick up some detents in case it wares out again. In holland its kinda hard to obtain AGD parts from a store, but i can get angel parts fairly easy. The current one is also an angel detent i believe, its a round head with a hex in the middle, (smaller than 1/8 hex) and the AGD ones have a flat head and 6 nots around the side. (got one in my CF breech)

So, can i use them without worry, or should i order original AGD detents?

Thanks! :cheers:

Basically 3 options around here:

1.Stock AGD Detents

2.Kila Magnetic Detents-completely rebuildable

3.Rogue ReTent-another rebuildable detent

FiXeL
10-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks m8! :cheers:

I guess i should contact Tunaman and hopefully he can get me a couple of those rebuildable detents... I have another Xmag on the way so i should stock up on essential parts. :D

Yeah, gun whore syndrome... can't be helped... :rolleyes:

flyingpootang
10-17-2006, 03:20 AM
Stock angel ones work great and are rebuildable. Just make sure they don't stick to far into the breach or tightened down to much. These are the most common mistake made which lead to early failure of the detent

BigEvil
10-17-2006, 07:17 AM
The AGD ones are nice, cheap, plentiful and require little 'tuning'. Ive had better luck with them then with Angel detents. The stock WDP detents on LEDs and LCD had issues with Halo's pushing balls past them. Many people who have older angels end up having a second one installed. I solved it on my old LED by using an AGD detent.

Im not sure about the 03 speed and up detents being compatible with the AGD bodies. The threads are the same IIRC, but I think they changed the detent itself and fits in the body differently.