PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who just wants to beat this woman in the face with a baseball bat?

warbeak2099
10-16-2006, 04:09 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/10/16/terror.trial.ap/index.html

I freaking hate people who think freedom of speech is unlimited.

stop whining buy a mag
10-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Once proven of treason you should be shot.

In the courthouse.

Yes, I know she wasn't charged with treason but you might as well call it that.

grEnAlEins
10-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Am I the only one who just wants to beat this woman in the face with a baseball bat?
Yes.

I would use a Morning Star ;)
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9936/fomfrmorningstartb2.jpg (http://imageshack.us) :spit_take

warbeak2099
10-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Ah phew! Thanks guys, my Weltschmertz is relieved... for the moment.

Hexis
10-16-2006, 06:05 PM
She prides herself on defending unpopular folks. Everyone deserves a legal defense, popular or otherwise. She also said she didn't knoingly assist a terrorist orginization. I suspect based on the judges lenient sentancing that she was duped into passing messages.

Foolish: yes. Deserving of death, I think not.

jenarelJAM
10-16-2006, 07:29 PM
What annoys me is when people who haven't sat in the courthouse day after day, listening to testimony, think they know better than the judge.
It is human nature to disagree, but until it is proven to me that the court system does not work, I will continue to support the judge's decision, whatever it may be.

warbeak2099
10-16-2006, 07:34 PM
She flaunts around as if she is an American hero for doing what she did. It would be naive to actually believe that she didn't do it on purpose. I'm sure the judge knows damn well, it just can't be proven without a reasonable doubt. Which sucks because a criminal IMO has slipped through the system. Yes, everyone is entitled to a lawyer, but she has made it her mission to defend and assist terrorists. I'm obviously being sarcastic about killing the woman, but the court's ruling basically supports her behavior as if what she did was right. The full sentence should be carried out. If someone commits a crime, I don't care who they are, they are not above the law. I don't care if it's mother Teresa, if you directly aid a terrorist... no.

grEnAlEins
10-16-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm sure the judge knows damn well, it just can't be proven without a reasonable doubt. Which sucks because a criminal IMO has slipped through the system
I'm obviously being sarcastic about killing the woman, but the court's ruling basically supports her behavior as if what she did was right. The full sentence should be carried out. If someone commits a crime, I don't care who they are, they are not above the law. I don't care if it's mother Teresa, if you directly aid a terrorist... no.
I doubt that first part. I bet should could have easily done so without actually actively knowing... I haven't met any, but I bet that terrorists are like all criminals, they are manipulators, and probably good ones.

Removing judicial discression is not a good idea IMHO.

Also note, I was sarcastic about killing her.

warbeak2099
10-16-2006, 07:54 PM
Please, look how she is flaunting around, proud of what she did. She doesn't seem very remorseful about betraying her country. If it was a mistake, I would think she'd be more apologetic. Cmon really...

grEnAlEins
10-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Please, look how she is flaunting around, proud of what she did. She doesn't seem very remorseful about betraying her country. If it was a mistake, I would think she'd be more apologetic. Cmon really...
I would be apologetic for an accident like that, but she might not be. She might think that she didn't intend to do wrong, so she has nothing to be sorry for. It depends on her upbrining... I highly doubt that she would have assisted terrorists willingly.

BeaverEater
10-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Knowingly or not that the messages could cause harm, she still illegally transmitted messages between prisoners and their parties. Frankly it should be considered to be treason but as stated before, i am not there and havent seen all the evidence. And treason is punishable by death, but no judge will have the backbone to go that route.

stop whining buy a mag
10-16-2006, 08:49 PM
I would be apologetic for an accident like that, but she might not be. She might think that she didn't intend to do wrong, so she has nothing to be sorry for. It depends on her upbrining... I highly doubt that she would have assisted terrorists willingly.

Wasn't there something in the news last week about a US citizen who is now with Al Quaeda? Some of these people are just crazy.

If you commit any act of war/terrorism against the United States, you deserve to be locked up at Gitmo or just shot on the spot if we don't have room for you.

BeaverEater
10-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Theres a US soldier that was captured a while back deserting to the taliban. he SHOULD be exected for treason but he probably wont.

Glickman
10-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Wasn't there something in the news last week about a US citizen who is now with Al Quaeda? Some of these people are just crazy.

If you commit any act of war/terrorism against the United States, you deserve to be locked up at Gitmo or just shot on the spot if we don't have room for you.

lets do something useful with taxpayers money and give all of those found guilty a present:
http://www.jenarichards.com/images/Soap%20Mint%20Drop.jpg

Bar of Soap!

the real present is that its covered in a purely ungrippable latex!

BeaverEater
10-16-2006, 09:34 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

behemoth
10-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Warbreak, you're not alone.

I'd give her the boot.

How many times do YOU in particular must be reminded to not cuss here? It's not as if YOU are an AO noob, so I must presume this was deliberate. In as much, you get a one week ban. Army

thefool
10-16-2006, 09:41 PM
but freedom of speach is unlimited :P

unless of course you bash bush on myspace.

BeaverEater
10-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Freedom of speech is no where near unlimited by any means.

warbeak2099
10-16-2006, 09:51 PM
but freedom of speach is unlimited :P

unless of course you bash bush on myspace.

No it really isn't. And that girl is a freaking loser. At 14 she obviously doesn't know the extent of what's going on in the world. Yet she feels she is entitled to speak out about it. She's so ignorant sounding, I just can't stand kids like that.

Hexis
10-16-2006, 10:33 PM

You should try reading:

"The end of my career truly is like a sword in my side," Stewart said at her sentencing. "Permit me to live out the rest of my life productively, lovingly, righteously."

The way I read that, she is apologetic. "a sword in my side" is not: "screw you, 1st amendment byotch!".

I'm not even saying I agree with her choices (any of them), but common now, things are not black or white, it's all a shade of gray.

No one deserves death threats (even sarcastic ones) for being duped by a criminal.

BeaverEater
10-17-2006, 12:22 AM
But even if she was duped, she should have known better than to communicate with terrorists in an organization. Considering she is probably highly educated, she should have had some commen sense with these issues especially at this point in time. If not the dealth penalty, atleast more that the 2 1/2 years she had gotten. And at this point of time her apology came only after the sentence.

Hexis
10-17-2006, 07:46 AM
Often higher education comes at the expense of common sense.

By duped I ment fooled. Perhaps that was unclear. Fooled means just that, she didn't know what she was doing.

More time in jail than what she recieved would have have been a death sentance. Are you really adovacting a death penalty for anyone that has been fooled into assisting a terrorist in some way?

It's pretty easy to proclaim soone should die in a random Internet forum. I have never had to do so in real life (and truly hope I never will). I suspect that the reality of doing so would be much more difficult.

warbeak2099
10-17-2006, 08:42 AM
She's lamenting that he career is over. Not that she did something wrong. Never once did she say she was sorry for the crime she comitted. In fact, she rallied a group of supporters who tried to say that she didn't do anything wrong.

billybob_81067
10-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Heck, I want her dead just for having to look at her nasty face pictured on that news link!

/L3TH4L INJ3CTION FTW!!1!11!one!1 :p

geekwarrior
10-17-2006, 08:53 AM
Heck, I want her dead just for having to look at her nasty face pictured on that news link!

/L3TH4L INJ3CTION FTW!!1!11!one!1 :p

lol...i was just going to say, i think she already got hit by a bat :p

warbeak2099
10-17-2006, 09:00 AM
lol...i was just going to say, i think she already got hit by a bat :p

good point :rofl:

BeaverEater
10-17-2006, 12:07 PM
frankly its fine to make assumptions on either side of the fence because none of us know the truth, just what the media is saying. She could of full knowingly helped the terrorists, or been fooled. We will probably never know, and most of us really wont care after a week or two.

Army
10-17-2006, 02:08 PM
From an interview with mzzzz Stewart; "...a strange amalgam of old-line things and new-line things. I don't have any problem with Mao or Stalin or the Vietnamese leaders or certainly Fidel locking up people they see as dangerous. Because so often, dissidence has been used by the greater powers to undermine a people's revolution. The CIA pays a thousand people and cuts them loose, and they will undermine any revolution in the name of freedom of speech."

So it's OK for sweet loving murderous dictators to put innocent people in jail, but it's not OK for the USA to jail those that want to do us harm. The "lady" is a whack job.

Recall, if you may, that the "blind Sheik" was the mastermind behind the '93 WTC bombing, which is part of what he was on trial for in the first place. The court, and the jail he was being held in, put in place a communications blackout on him, effectively stopping him from conducting futher mayhem by proxy. mizzzz Stewart illegally bypassed this order, and took communique from him to his followers in Egypt. He called for the end of a cease fire with Egypt, which then began the latest bombings and killings in Egypt...you do remember the tourist hotel that was blown up, killing many? That was his terror cell. mizzzz Stewart is complicit in these acts.

That is what she was convicted of.

mizzz Stewart is a life-long Stalinist and follower of Mao, Pol-Pot, Ho-Chi Minh, Castro etc. She is hardly innocent of being a dupe. She has in the past, defended the Black Panthers among other American terrorists. She once told The Washington Post that "my own political sense tells me the only hope for change in Egypt is the fundamentalist movement." During their terrorist campaign, Al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya (the blind sheik's group) murdered more than a thousand people. (from Middle East Quarterly)

Treason ends at the muzzle.

SCpoloRicker
10-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Card carrying member of the ACLU here.

If she was passing on messages from her client to his organization, and if the contents of said message were illegal, she is not protected via 1st Amendment laws or lawyer/client priveledge.

warbeak2099
10-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Army, Ricker... thank you. Just thank you...

BeaverEater
10-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Yes i believe that she should be executed if what she passed along was illegal, but was the said information ever released as being illegal or is it just meaningless information. I could see if it was illegal and it was in code of some sort that she would be left with just a jail term. But for the most part communicated with a terrorist organization is a big deal in itself.

neppo1345
10-17-2006, 02:54 PM
not needed

maxama10
10-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Stewart was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, and her lawyer Elizabeth Fink had warned in a plea to the judge: "If you send her to prison, she's going to die. It's as simple as that."

I guess I don't understand how breast cancer and prison correlate? Are you not still entitled to recieve
medical care in prison? :tard:?

/0MG 1f 5he g03s 7o pr150n 5h3 d13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
//Behemoth, what a noob hhehehe :p

Army
10-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Yes i believe that she should be executed if what she passed along was illegal, but was the said information ever released as being illegal or is it just meaningless information. I could see if it was illegal and it was in code of some sort that she would be left with just a jail term. But for the most part communicated with a terrorist organization is a big deal in itself.
You must have missed this part...

The court, and the jail he was being held in, put in place a communications blackout on him, effectively stopping him from conducting futher mayhem by proxy. mizzzz Stewart illegally bypassed this order, and took communique from him to his followers in Egypt. He called for the end of a cease fire with Egypt, which then began the latest bombings and killings in Egypt...you do remember the tourist hotel that was blown up, killing many? That was his terror cell. mizzzz Stewart is complicit in these acts.

warbeak2099
10-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Right, her illegal actions got people killed. Kind of sounds like good 'ol Hanoi Jane eh? It's called treason and the woman should have been executed for it. Or at least served a life sentence. She would have recieved medical care in prison as maxama said. This is just another example of a radical liberal getting people murdered because of her ideology that she can do whatever the hell she wants, and then getting away with it.

SCpoloRicker
10-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Right, her illegal actions got people killed. Kind of sounds like good 'ol Hanoi Jane eh? It's called treason and the woman should have been executed for it. Or at least served a life sentence. She would have recieved medical care in prison as maxama said. This is just another example of a radical liberal getting people murdered because of her ideology that she can do whatever the hell she wants, and then getting away with it.

I lol'd on so many levels.

geekwarrior
10-18-2006, 11:29 AM
I lol'd on so many levels.

I hate it when you do that :p

enlighten him with his misunderstanding of the situation since you know better ;)

Pneumagger
10-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Yeah... I'd do her. :eek:

LOL - by "do" I mean "beat"... of course ;)

SCpoloRicker
10-18-2006, 01:41 PM
enlighten him with his misunderstanding of the situation since you know better ;)

I blame Clinton. ;)

warbeak2099
10-18-2006, 04:17 PM
I blame Clinton. ;)

See the Ricker is on my side geekwarrior.

BeaverEater
10-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Army I did see that part but i guess it all depends on if what he had wrote down was clear on what she gave the cell. I could have been written in a code of some sort so she wouldn't have known. Yes I understand that what she did was illegal, but does she deserve the death penalty. BTW the death penalty costs the people 10X more than just putting someone in jail for like. (I think she should be executed but im just trying to play devils advocate).

maxama10
10-18-2006, 07:46 PM
BTW the death penalty costs the people 10X more than just putting someone in jail for like. .
Really? How do you figure? :confused:

tropical_fishy
10-18-2006, 07:58 PM
Really? How do you figure? :confused:

The government has to pay for lawyers, appeals (death penalty cases get free appeals and representation), health care, etc.

stop whining buy a mag
10-18-2006, 08:22 PM

Best thing said on AO in a while.

I'm no expert when it comes to the legal system but the way some of these death row people get away with all the appeals they want is rediculous. The labs that do the DNA testing for these kinds of cases need to straighten up their acts and so only a justified amount of appeals can be used by someone on death row.

Warbreak, I liked what you had to say about crazy liberals getting away with things. :cheers:

warbeak2099
10-19-2006, 12:04 AM
Best thing said on AO in a while.

I'm no expert when it comes to the legal system but the way some of these death row people get away with all the appeals they want is rediculous. The labs that do the DNA testing for these kinds of cases need to straighten up their acts and so only a justified amount of appeals can be used by someone on death row.

Warbreak, I liked what you had to say about crazy liberals getting away with things. :cheers:

Lol, thanks. It just burns my hide when we live in a country where you can cause the murder of American soldiers or in this case innocent civilians/tourists, and then write a book or be praised by others. It's disgusting. I mean those soldiers in Vietnam were just trying to get word to their families that they were ok and alive. Fonda freaking gives the notes to the prison gaurds and the men are executed. She's living the high life here in the US of A though. That's called treason and so is what this woman did. I don't care if the victims of the terror attacks that she helped to be carried out are American citizens or not. They are human beings and they were slaughtered because of her irresponsible actions. Defending the dregs of society and terrorists is one thing. Facilitating their criminal activity is another. We as citizens of this country have a responsibility to think before we act. How can a sentient human being not realize that passing on notes from terrorists could possibly end badly or be illegal at the very least? It's impossible, she knew full well what she was doing was illegal. She consciously deviated from the standard of care that a normal, logical citizen would employ. For that legal reason, she is guilty of at least negligent involvement in the murders of the people in Egypt.

Army
10-19-2006, 10:32 AM
It's disgusting. I mean those soldiers in Vietnam were just trying to get word to their families that they were ok and alive. Fonda freaking gives the notes to the prison gaurds and the men are executed.
Myth. Never happened. As much as I do not like mizzzzz Fonda, and as much as I want this tale to be true, it is unfortunately not.

Pneumagger
10-19-2006, 11:24 AM
The government has to pay for lawyers, appeals (death penalty cases get free appeals and representation), health care, etc.

Lemme help the government out a bit. I've got a CZ pistol, a .40 bullet, and a shovel waiting for some action. There's nothing humane about the death sentance, and personally I feel the government trys to make too "neat".

Just take 'em out back. :shooting: Army said it right the first time...

tropical_fishy
10-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Lemme help the government out a bit. I've got a CZ pistol, a .40 bullet, and a shovel waiting for some action. There's nothing humane about the death sentance, and personally I feel the government trys to make too "neat".

Just take 'em out back. :shooting: Army said it right the first time...

I am not pro or anti death penalty. I do believe, however, that if you're going to take away someone's life, you better be DAMN sure that you're right before you "take 'em out back." Yes, the government should pay for appeals and lawyers... death isn't something you can undo if, in fact, you're wrong.

SCpoloRicker
10-19-2006, 11:38 AM
Myth. Never happened. As much as I do not like mizzzzz Fonda, and as much as I want this tale to be true, it is unfortunately not.

Whew..

/relieved ;)
//I don't know about the use of "unfortunately" though

tribalman
10-19-2006, 01:59 PM
as defined by the United States Constitution, "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

what she is doing is espionage, treason is during war times. sorry, but a "War on Terror" is more of a police action (ie. Viet Nam) than a war.

what she did is wrong and should by a Congressional desision be put to death. who cares if she has breast cancer? just because she has a mass of cells excessivly undergoing mitosis should give her a reason to get a get out of jail free card? what would have happened if she had gotten life in prision and THEN gotten cancer? would she get out then? i hate lawers that try this loophole bull-arky.

WenULiVeUdiE
10-19-2006, 02:14 PM
I guess I don't understand how breast cancer and prison correlate? Are you not still entitled to recieve
medical care in prison? :tard:?

Prison is in no way a proper place to live with cancer. It is not all you see on TV. I have spoken with convicts. Many have said what you seeon TV is completely flawed...

Also, just becuase you are entitled to medical care does not mean you will get the best care possible.

billybob_81067
10-19-2006, 02:25 PM
She's old... she needs to die anyways to make room for the younger generation.

:)

Army
10-19-2006, 02:43 PM
//I don't know about the use of "unfortunately" though
If it was true, then we could hang the cow.

warbeak2099
10-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Huh, I didn't know that was a myth. Well, she still corroborated with the enemy and that bloody picture of her at the flak gun... ugh.

stop whining buy a mag
10-19-2006, 05:01 PM
as defined by the United States Constitution, "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

what she is doing is espionage, treason is during war times. sorry, but a "War on Terror" is more of a police action (ie. Viet Nam) than a war.

what she did is wrong and should by a Congressional desision be put to death. who cares if she has breast cancer? just because she has a mass of cells excessivly undergoing mitosis should give her a reason to get a get out of jail free card? what would have happened if she had gotten life in prision and THEN gotten cancer? would she get out then? i hate lawers that try this loophole bull-arky.

Just because we can not say that we are specifically fighting against a country (we are only fighting some of Iraq), it is still a war. We are in a war against several groups that are known as terrorists. This lady helped the enemy by passing along messages from captured enemies. It seems blatantly obvious that she meant it because if you had put other Americans' lives in danger, then you would be sorry. She isn't sorry so we shouldn't be either if we were to publicly executer her on the steps of the Supreme Court.

At least that's what I'd like to see.