PDA

View Full Version : About the stiffi barrels...

sTaLa
10-16-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm mostly looking for a quiet gun, and I've heard that stiffis are the best for that purpose. At the moment I have a 14" SP barrel (freak back & AA Front); my setup IS quiet but I could do with more.

I wrote to Site but didn't get any answer... I'm looking at the 10" tip for my freak back. My theory is that the longer ported tip I'll have, the quieter my marker will be. But I don't know if the tips are ported all the way :confused:. Will the 10" tip have more holes than the 6"?

Thank you.

punkncat
10-16-2006, 06:59 PM
I am not certain that Stiffi barrels are the quietest available. I would be interested in seeing some real tests with several different popular barrel sets and see.

I will say that I have been very impressed with the weight and performance of the barrel. Beyond the enormous difference in weight they don't perform any better than other good quality barrels.

sTaLa
10-16-2006, 07:09 PM
I am not certain that Stiffi barrels are the quietest available. I would be interested in seeing some real tests with several different popular barrel sets and see.
I read on pbreview and some others forums and they seem to be the quietest avaible. Everyone who had an AA before said they noticed a difference. Not that big of a difference, but something noticable.
I'd be aslo interested in seeing some tests with measured DB to see the diffrences. But I don't have 15 barrels for my gun :( .

Beyond the enormous difference in weight they don't perform any better than other good quality barrels.
I know about the performance. Some say there is really one, but this is not accuracy that I'm mainly looking for.
It is the back anyway that makes your marker accurate no? The tips have a larger bore. The reason why the inserts are for the backs only.

RRfireblade
10-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Definately not the quietist in my experience.

I shoot all 14" barrels and even my Dye ULs are quieter. I do like them though for the light weight.

I think the thin carbon fiber construction and extremely light weight allow for far more resonance and sound sig to project.

I'd put the ULs up there as one of the more quiet as they are heavily ported on the longer lengths and are of pretty solid contruction. The old SSs were probably a tad quieter even.

Danimal82
10-16-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm very satisfied with my DW whisper. In my opinion it seems to be much quieter than my boomstick. You can use your freak inserts too.

robnix
10-16-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm mostly looking for a quiet gun, and I've heard that stiffis are the best for that purpose.

I heard the same thing when I got mine. It's quiet, but not the quietest I have. Very light though.

kruger
10-17-2006, 01:16 AM
For me, the stock DM3 barrels are the quietest barrel I have ever found. The porting is only righ at the tip and it is a 14 inch barrel. I know that you have a freak back, but if you are looking for a quiet barrel, this one is it. They are accurate too, and as I understand it, they are made from the same stock as the UltraLite barrel. And they are cheap. For some reason, nobody sees the value of these barrels. Not sexy enough, I guess. I had one bored for freak inserts and it my just be the perfect barrel. Altho, I must admit, I have not had paint/barrel match problems, but, you never know.......

sTaLa
10-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Thanks for your replies. The opinions of this community are usually the most objectives. So if stiffis are not the quietest you found, maybe I'll just stick with my AA Front. My current setup still makes my marker quieter than my loader :ninja: :D (Empire II).

I guess when I'll have some times, I'll try to grap a used AA Tip some where to mess around with it and make a silencer out of it. My only concern with custom silencers are issues after a ball broke... Well... Lv 10 are there for that :clap:

One question: Is the Lv 10 louder than the Lv7? I currently have a Lv 7, and I know Lvs 10 are less air efficient.

I heard the same thing when I got mine. It's quiet, but not the quietest I have. Very light though.
What do you have quieter yet?

Army
10-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Yes, they are very quiet. But all things relevent, some guns simply are louder with one barrel then it is with another, regardless of composition.

My Stiffi is the quietest I have, but not the most accurate..which goes to any of my JJ Ceramics. So it depends more on the type of game I will be playing: Woods ball gets the Stiffi, all others do Speedball.

Now, on occasion, I love booming (pinging?) out balls with the Crown Point on the Sydarm...that's fun!

Pneumagger
10-17-2006, 02:29 PM
if you want THE quietest setup...

Old school Shocker with all american. You can barely hear it cycle. ;)

SpitFire1299
10-17-2006, 02:48 PM
if you want THE quietest setup...

Old school Shocker with all american. You can barely hear it cycle. ;)
Haha.. agreed. I have that same setup and you dont hear it at all.

don miguel
10-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Now stiffi's come in custom anno jobs like digi camo. It was in splat magazine.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/forsaken_id/Digi-cam20sage20gloss.jpg