PDA

View Full Version : question about regulator side of xvalve

eNder159
10-17-2006, 03:33 PM
is it common when you twist the back side to reduce the velocity for the regulator to unscrew a little bit? does that happen with people?

SR_matt
10-17-2006, 03:44 PM
you mean teh 2 halves to not be all the way tightened/lined up perfectly?

ya that is common, and the agd techs say it is ok to be a little off
-matt

eNder159
10-17-2006, 03:56 PM
you mean teh 2 halves to not be all the way tightened/lined up perfectly?

ya that is common, and the agd techs say it is ok to be a little off
-matt

LOL i need to go back to the 5th grade and learn some grammer...i think every single time i read PBN threads i get dumber and dumber

but what i meant was that everytime i go to reduce the velocity the reg half screws loose...meaning its not all the way tight...and for me to tighten it up again would be to increase the velocity since it will tighten the reg half again

from what i understand from your post is that its ok to overtighten...but is it ok for it to be a little loose? would that cause a leak somewhere?

Chronobreak
10-17-2006, 03:57 PM
it is common and fine

to correct this problem just get desired velocity then remove valve andre allign the halves

--edit the z-lock is also milled to keep the reg from continuing to rotate

eNder159
10-17-2006, 03:59 PM
hmmm ok

because i have a leak down the barrel and well it seems like whenever i move the reg half it would either leak or stop the leak....i recently purchased a new am/mm rail from AGD and im gonna test it out again ..

SR_matt
10-17-2006, 04:02 PM
LOL i need to go back to the 5th grade and learn some grammer...i think every single time i read PBN threads i get dumber and dumber

but what i meant was that everytime i go to reduce the velocity the reg half screws loose...meaning its not all the way tight...and for me to tighten it up again would be to increase the velocity since it will tighten the reg half again

from what i understand from your post is that its ok to overtighten...but is it ok for it to be a little loose? would that cause a leak somewhere?
sorry i was typing fast any not really paying attention... and i dont type well to start with.

everything you understood correctly except overtightening=bad. the reason there is an oring there is so that the metal doesnt have to fit perfectly togeather. and like ender said, the z lock stopes it from going to far.
-matt

athomas
10-21-2006, 09:53 AM
hmmm ok

because i have a leak down the barrel and well it seems like whenever i move the reg half it would either leak or stop the leak....i recently purchased a new am/mm rail from AGD and im gonna test it out again ..

When you move the back half of the valve, you are changing the gap of the bolt stem on the powertube oring. This closes any gap and stops the leak. Another thing that will stop this leak is a shorter powertube spacer (level 7 bolt) or by removing a level 10 shim (level 10 bolt).