PDA

View Full Version : Leak at low pressure

mr. right-wing
10-18-2006, 05:01 PM
I got my E-Tac back from the smith yesterday. Turned out one of the shims was put in backwards! So, while its at the Pball shop, owner gasses it up, it works like magic. I take it home, put some autolube in it, works fine. Charge battery and start ripping with it in electric, works fine, but small leak develops. Pressure was low, could this have been a factor?

BigEvil
10-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Could have been the problem.

What exactly do you mean by "Shim in backwards"???

FlawleZ
10-19-2006, 08:18 AM

He probably had the order backwards in which the carrier and shims should be when he was installing/tuning the LV 10.

flyingpootang
10-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Your might have to go the next tightest carrier after the o-ring breaks in around 1000 rounds. Be sure to use the same carrier o-ring.

rb211
10-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Normal. Mine leaks when my tank pressure is low (I mean 500-600 range), but on a full tank, no leaks.

mr. right-wing
10-20-2006, 10:28 PM

I was actually at work and the shop closed early so I had a friend pick it up. He just said it was in backwards.

athomas
10-21-2006, 09:32 AM
I got my E-Tac back from the smith yesterday. Turned out one of the shims was put in backwards! So, while its at the Pball shop, owner gasses it up, it works like magic. I take it home, put some autolube in it, works fine. Charge battery and start ripping with it in electric, works fine, but small leak develops. Pressure was low, could this have been a factor?

Low pressure causes the oring seals to not be as tight. You wouldn't think this would affect the powertube area because the end pressure is the same no matter what the input pressure is, but the faster charge of the higher pressure "seats" the orings better than a gentle inrush of air. Urethane orings are more rigid and don't seat as well when the fitting is slightly loose, which is why the level 10 requires different size carriers to make the orings fit the bolt stem better. If its a powertube leak, use the next tighter carrier with the same oring.

mr. right-wing
10-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Low pressure causes the oring seals to not be as tight. You wouldn't think this would affect the powertube area because the end pressure is the same no matter what the input pressure is, but the faster charge of the higher pressure "seats" the orings better than a gentle inrush of air. Urethane orings are more rigid and don't seat as well when the fitting is slightly loose, which is why the level 10 requires different size carriers to make the orings fit the bolt stem better. If its a powertube leak, use the next tighter carrier with the same oring.

Alright, thanks, will be done.