PDA

View Full Version : When i push down on the barrel, gun wont shoot

zyklon69
10-18-2006, 07:49 PM
I have a minimag body and a dye boomstick barrel, when i push the barrel in as if i were putting the barrel into the gun, it seems as if the back of the barrel is pushing against the bolt and it will cause the gun not to shoot. Sometimes this seems to happen without me pushing on the barrel and i have to pull on the barrel a bit as if i were taking it out and it would fix the problem. Exactly what is causing this?

don miguel
10-18-2006, 07:59 PM
:cry: If you have twist lock like me that's what happens. The barell is held in there with orings and a twist lock assembly wich makes it wiggle. If it is not perfectly straight it will cause the bolt to hit the back of it at 250fps(or whatever velocity you are using). So you might want to go ULE and not worry about that. Or suffer like me and chip your barell.

zyklon69
10-18-2006, 08:12 PM
ah, first time i've ever came across this problem, and i've been using twist lock for a long time, this is my backup mag anyhow, but it's working great anyhow.

MANN
10-18-2006, 08:38 PM
I have only had one barrel that did that. I beleive it was just too small of a bore, and worn out orings. I had a level 10 so it didnt do anything, but it was hard to figure out the answer.

athomas
10-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Level 10s require a barrel with an id of at least .685". Also, Dye boomsticks are known to be loose fitting in mag bodies. That causes wobble that may affect the alignment of the bolt and breach area. Put a couple of wraps of tape around the barrel near the orings. This should tighten up any wobble problems and the mag will probably fire consistenly.