PDA

View Full Version : Jeffrey won!

Lenny
10-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Anyone else watch Project Runway?

Jeffrey won! He was my favorite, so I'm exited.

robnix
10-18-2006, 11:45 PM

Jeffrey won! He was my favorite, so I'm exited.

He must have been ramping. With his skill level there's no other way he could have won.

MicroMiniMe
10-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Me and the wife thought it was going to be Uri.
I think Uri and Michael will have no trouble getting a bump up from the show.

warbeak2099
10-19-2006, 07:37 AM
I don't watch the show but my girlfriend is very upset. I don't know why, was there something wrong with this guy or something?

thecavemankevin
10-19-2006, 08:21 AM
wow, didnt know there were this many chicks and homo's on AO :wow:

FlawleZ
10-19-2006, 08:38 AM
What is Project Runway?

Sounds like a fashion model contest or something. Another reality show?

Pneumagger
10-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Lenny! Shhhh. :nono:

tropical_fishy
10-19-2006, 09:22 AM
wow, didnt know there were this many chicks and homo's on AO :wow:

Behave. No need for that. And if you're going to insult a group, at least spell it correctly.

thecavemankevin
10-19-2006, 12:14 PM
oh, forgive me, i never meant my insult to insult someone’s grammatical senses. Please accept my apologies.

SCpoloRicker
10-19-2006, 12:34 PM
He must have been ramping. With his skill level there's no other way he could have won.

*applauds*

/oh noes teh gheys!!1

Pneumagger
10-19-2006, 01:56 PM
wow, didnt know there were this many chicks and homo's on AO

Behave. No need for that. And if you're going to insult a group, at least spell it correctly.

oh, forgive me, i never meant my insult to insult someone’s grammatical senses. Please accept my apologies.

homo's is correct. The apostraphe (sp?) replaces the substituted letters "sexual".
Kind of like in the word "hasn't" where the apostraphe replaces "o" of "has not".

By my standards (the standards)... homo's is used correctly. Unless he was trying to imply ownership of one homo, which he was not.
:p

Muzikman
10-19-2006, 02:45 PM
homo's is correct. The apostraphe (sp?) replaces the substituted letters "sexual".
Kind of like in the word "hasn't" where the apostraphe replaces "o" of "has not".

By my standards (the standards)... homo's is used correctly. Unless he was trying to imply ownership of one homo, which he was not.

For the WIN!

tropical_fishy
10-19-2006, 03:02 PM

I was actually more implying that "homo's" should not be used at all, since it's an unnecessary bastardization of the English language :).

Altimas
10-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Are you saying all homos are bastards as well?

warbeak2099
10-19-2006, 03:29 PM
I was actually more implying that "homo's" should not be used at all, since it's an unnecessary bastardization of the English language :).

I wasn't aware that abbreviations were now unnaceptable in the English language. If you mean the word's negative connotations, well almost every expression in English is offensive to someone. For example, ever used or heard the word "maverick"? The etymology comes from the practice of branding cattle, a topic that would be horrifying to a Hindu or any culture that venerates cows. Ever used the word "chow" in place of "food"? That comes from mocking Chinese people in California during the 1850's. I'm still going to use it whenever I want though. The list goes on. If we all subscribed to political correctness, we would have no flavor or expressions in our language. Every language has the same things. Expressions and slang that are used on a daily basis without ever giving thought to their real meaning.

Pneumagger
10-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Are you saying all homos are bastards as well?
No, she said it's a bastardization of the English language.
So not all homo's are bastards, which by definition is a silly classification of homos', however if you're indeed a homo of a different ethnicity you are not a bastard.
:rofl:

Indignant
10-19-2006, 04:40 PM
i was all thinking michael was gonna win until the olympus show started. after that i definately thought it would be uli. at the show uli > michael/jefferey > laura, as far as i'm concerned.

i lost a few bucks on this, too :[

tropical_fishy
10-19-2006, 04:52 PM
I wasn't aware that abbreviations were now unnaceptable in the English language. If you mean the word's negative connotations, well almost every expression in English is offensive to someone. For example, ever used or heard the word "maverick"? The etymology comes from the practice of branding cattle, a topic that would be horrifying to a Hindu or any culture that venerates cows. Ever used the word "chow" in place of "food"? That comes from mocking Chinese people in California during the 1850's. I'm still going to use it whenever I want though. The list goes on. If we all subscribed to political correctness, we would have no flavor or expressions in our language. Every language has the same things. Expressions and slang that are used on a daily basis without ever giving thought to their real meaning.

It's not an abbreviation, it's a contraction. Replacing one word for another (ex: "bench"="judge") is a whole different pot of soup; it's called a synechdoche, or, if it's a non-offensive phrase taking the place of an offensive phrase, euphamism. Can't and won't and hasn't are different than taking a multisyllabic word and shortening it for the sake of... well, I don't know why. Laziness, perhaps?

I said nothing about it being offensive (trust me, I don't really find it so, there are a lot more offensive words that I hear every day) nor did I say anything about political correctness. I just think laziness is what makes language deteriorate and, being the writer and general language fanatic that I am, I don't like to see it. Besides, you sound so much more intelligent in your insults when you use words beyond the traditional.

SCpoloRicker
10-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Do I need to dig up my old thread about the use of "gay"?

Pneumagger
10-19-2006, 06:08 PM
what's this ghay thread about? I refuse to be 'telligent ans find it m'self.

Literary Laziness FTW! :headbang:

personman
10-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Does this mean this show is over and I no longer have to endure listening to multiple girls' renditions of 'what happened last night on project runway'?

I hope.

mr.mag218
10-19-2006, 09:51 PM

no, i like me straight.

thecavemankevin
10-20-2006, 08:10 AM

lol, newmaggar rulz @ the AO!!!111

wow, bet lenny nevar thought dis gay thred wood tern into an enlis leson

bornl33t
10-21-2006, 05:10 AM
hoooooked on p-honics worked for meh!