PDA

View Full Version : woodsball?

SPECIAL_K_06
10-19-2006, 02:04 PM
I have an old mag laying around, and i thought to myself what a good woodsball gun it could be. But my problem is what could i do to it to make it a good scenario gun?

Dewok82
10-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Add air and paint.

MANN
10-19-2006, 02:10 PM
lol. I agree. The gun doesnt know where it is being used, and as long as you dont leave it infront of a mirror than it will never know the difference.

don miguel
10-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Any gun can make a good woodsball gun, it just depends on preferences, and how much money you want to spend on forfilling those preferences. I personally like an all mech gun (excluding warp feed and hopper). The mechanical part can come in handy when you are in a scenario game. Batteries can be annoying when the run out on the field. I also like the warp feed, I have no hopper on top of my gun, just on the side. This is good if marker shots count during the game. Also a good barell is important, dont go for extremely high end because all you are doing is paying for the name brand. Go for a custom parts barell, they are well priced, and a good bore size. Or go for a stiffi they are quiet light, and accurate. Paintball has nothing to do with ROF only preference.

Good luck
-don

Dewok82
10-19-2006, 02:46 PM
I never did quite understand why so many scenario players feel the need to make their marker look as close to a real gun as possible. I enjoy participating in scenario games, but just like any other form of paintball one of the primary objectives is to eliminate opponents whilst avoiding elimination yourself. When I see some of the more decked out scenario guns (long stocks, optic sights, faux flash suppressors, etc) I wonder to myself how great of a hindrance it must be to play with such a marker. They seem to be rather heavy, cumbersome, unwieldy, and I can't imagine effectively snap shooting or getting in tight with a rifle-like marker. I won't even begin to air my thoughts on optic sights and their (useless) role in paintball. The only mil-sim accessory I see an occasional use for is a flashlight, and only then in rare night games.

That being said, I'm not trying to make fun of mil-sim types. Everyone has their own tastes and I'm always glad to see more participants in this game we love so much. I simply see their choice of equipment as a potential hindrance to their effectiveness on the field.

ANYWAYS - Check out Spec Ops for accessories to turn your agile Automag into something that would fit right in at your local sportsmen’s club.

egb groupie
10-19-2006, 03:00 PM
I won't even begin to air my thoughts on optic sights and their (useless) role in paintball. The only mil-sim accessory I see an occasional use for is a flashlight, and only then in rare night games.

I used both with very good effectiveness this past weekend. The only kind of scope I'll use is a red dot with no magnification, it gives me a great and very fast reference point when shooting at someone. Now, I'm not going to put 3 balls inside a quarter at 75 feet, but I can definitely hit a man sized target quite easily. My flashlight came in handy this weekend as well, it is mounted on my Tac One with a remote. Really handy when you aren't around other players that have the hand held spotlights. It does make the gun alittle heavier, so that is why I only mount it on when I know I am going to be playing at night.

flyboy
10-19-2006, 03:24 PM
I used both with very good effectiveness this past weekend. The only kind of scope I'll use is a red dot with no magnification, it gives me a great and very fast reference point when shooting at someone. Now, I'm not going to put 3 balls inside a quarter at 75 feet, but I can definitely hit a man sized target quite easily. My flashlight came in handy this weekend as well, it is mounted on my Tac One with a remote. Really handy when you aren't around other players that have the hand held spotlights. It does make the gun alittle heavier, so that is why I only mount it on when I know I am going to be playing at night.

I use an emag playing woodsball. 2 team mates have tac ones.

We all had upped a-5's. Im not going back.

TheGrindPunk
10-19-2006, 04:45 PM
You really don't need to do anything to it....... unless you are going for looks. I play nothing but woods/scenario and I have a stock minimag with front grip and a lapco bigshot, and that's it.

FiXeL
10-19-2006, 05:34 PM
I won't even begin to air my thoughts on optic sights and their (useless) role in paintball. The only mil-sim accessory I see an occasional use for is a flashlight, and only then in rare night games.

Sights help... I've got a non-magnification red dot mounted on my xmag, and it works really great for woodsball... targets at 60-70 feet get the dot on them, if they are at a larger distance, i roughly guess the distance and point the dot above them in the proper angle. It really helps acuracy because it is much more acurate than looking along the barrel.

Flashlights i really don't have any use for.. i rarely play night games, and when i do i can't see a freaking thing anyways... Also a flashlight would give your position away, so i don't have one on my gun.

kruger
10-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Any gun that you can shoot well works for scenario ball. I play woods/scenario ball exclusivly. And, I agree with the above opinion about the MilSIm look. To me, its just a bunch of extra weight that really serves no advantage to the marker. Just looks cool. That is what some guys go for, the look. Other, like me, just like to be effective. The best gun for scenario ball is one that is light, and you can shoot well. Rate of fire is not that important, most of the time. Accuracy is. Quiet shots are also a plus.

Toll
10-19-2006, 07:01 PM
I've found that no magnification red dots work very well with flatline style systems. I calibrated it for the longest possible shot I could make realistically and it let me do some neat trick shots when I figured the range was about the same.

Outside of that :

Important scenario qualities :

Efficiency
Reliability
Weight (Some people dont mind, but I'd rather haul as little as possible)

All of those are rolled up in even a stock 68. Hell, you could carry another 20oz with you if you wanted to.

don miguel
10-22-2006, 07:28 PM
I never did quite understand why so many scenario players feel the need to make their marker look as close to a real gun as possible. I enjoy participating in scenario games, but just like any other form of paintball one of the primary objectives is to eliminate opponents whilst avoiding elimination yourself. When I see some of the more decked out scenario guns (long stocks, optic sights, faux flash suppressors, etc) I wonder to myself how great of a hindrance it must be to play with such a marker. They seem to be rather heavy, cumbersome, unwieldy, and I can't imagine effectively snap shooting or getting in tight with a rifle-like marker. I won't even begin to air my thoughts on optic sights and their (useless) role in paintball. The only mil-sim accessory I see an occasional use for is a flashlight, and only then in rare night games.

That being said, I'm not trying to make fun of mil-sim types. Everyone has their own tastes and I'm always glad to see more participants in this game we love so much. I simply see their choice of equipment as a potential hindrance to their effectiveness on the field.

ANYWAYS - Check out Spec Ops for accessories to turn your agile Automag into something that would fit right in at your local sportsmen’s club.

That is completely wrong but completely right at the same time. Most good scenario players/ teams use autocockers, and palmers and "speedball style" guns (without a stock, my opinion on speedball guns). My team MVELITE, me have two ions, three mags, two a5s, and a 98. I play with this minimag: wich now has an RT micromag valve:
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/joshbrede/minimag003.jpg
my teammate conor uses this:
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/joshbrede/03428img4255medium3ak.jpg
We use these because snapshooting with a gun that has a 7 inch car stock on the back is a paint in the arse. That's why we and most other woodsball teams you see use "speedball style" guns. There are some other teams/players with milsimed out markers, but not us. :cheers:

Sam5992
10-22-2006, 07:44 PM
for woodsball i like to have something really stable, so i would suggest a stock. maybe run a remote line.... it is really just a matter of what you like. take ur gun out to the field, see what you dont like about it, and fix that.

don miguel
10-23-2006, 07:26 PM
A good stock suggestion is this:
http://specialopspaintball.com/shop/prodimages/2100045a.jpg
The specialopa t2w stock. It can fit most speedball style guns. And all mags, unless you have some altered trigger frame. But it is a really nice stock, pricy (114$) but nice. I fyouve got the money go for it. Specialops stuff is pricey but strong and well made.

Lenny
10-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Don Miguel, SHUT UP!!!

Can't you just post ALL of your opinions/replies in just ONE post? Or do you really have to spread them all out!

First yes vote for the ban of Don Miguel.

bentothejam1n
10-23-2006, 08:57 PM
That is completely wrong but completely right at the same time. Most good scenario players/ teams use autocockers, and palmers and "speedball style" guns (without a stock, my opinion on speedball guns). My team MVELITE, me have two ions, three mags, two a5s, and a 98. I play with this minimag: wich now has an RT micromag valve:
my teammate conor uses this:
We use these because snapshooting with a gun that has a 7 inch car stock on the back is a paint in the arse. That's why we and most other woodsball teams you see use "speedball style" guns. There are some other teams/players with milsimed out markers, but not us. :cheers:
you sure do have alot of friends considering you arent the most highly thought of person on AO