PDA

View Full Version : Sending in Mag

WhiteWulf
10-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Alright my mag has one star left and I wanna get it rebuilt since I got it off ebay and am really not completely trusting of ebayers. So where do I send it in at or what's the whole process?

rb211
10-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Save the star! Just buy a parts kit and replace the o-rings.

WhiteWulf
10-19-2006, 11:54 PM
well thing is that the gun is realeasing air like nuts straight out he barrel and I don't know a whole lot about the interrior mechinisms of the gun. It will fire 2 or 3 shots then just basically get stuck kidna and just realease air so I'm getting kinda p***ed at it

Coralis
10-20-2006, 12:28 AM
that could be as simple as needing some oil, put a couple of drops into the asa and dry fire the marker a few times, but if you want to send it in go tohttp://www.airgun.com/Techinfo.shtml# and click on tech support at the top

WhiteWulf
10-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Well I oiled it 2 day's prior I may have over oiled it since I had lift my oil at home and borrowed a friends little 2 ouce baggy ones and it kinda just let loose

athomas
10-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Just replace the orings and the bolt spring. It should be fine. Mags typically don't break so you shouldn't need to use the star for something that easy. It'll help you understand the inner workings of the mag as well, which will help you diagnose leaks in the future.

WhiteWulf
10-21-2006, 04:34 PM
well w/a second look the oring that i see (I only see one and I really don't wanna open up the bolt) looks fine well looks almost new and the spring looks nice too. Put some air back in it and the thing is instead of recocking it just lets out air after the first or second shot so it won't recock.... I remember a day before this happened my overzeolous friend (a fan of electrics and often dry fires them w/out air but just using the electrics) screwed some air in it and chased my cat around fire off half a 9 oz. could that have caused some damage to inside the bolt?

rb211
10-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Does the leak stop when you pull the trigger and hold it in? Also, if you have disassembled it, check to make sure that the rail bushing is in place. Looks can be deceiving on the o-rings. Just because they look ok doesn't mean that they are. As far as the spring, does it come up past the top of the bolt when you have the gun disassembled? If it doesn't, you need to replace it. Dry firing the gun will not hurt it, but liquid co2 will hurt the o-rings.

Mags are incredibly easy to work on, there isn't much to them to begin with. Here's an eploded diagram of the classic valve http://www.airgun.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf . Just put things together in the order you take them out. Truly easy, and maybe 15 minutes of work if you do it slowly.

WhiteWulf
10-21-2006, 07:26 PM
The leak would stop but then as time went on it wouldn't

don miguel
10-21-2006, 09:30 PM
well thing is that the gun is realeasing air like nuts straight out he barrel and I don't know a whole lot about the interrior mechinisms of the gun. It will fire 2 or 3 shots then just basically get stuck kidna and just realease air so I'm getting kinda p***ed at it

Ok this happened to me, mabe your sear is not returning. Do you gas up your marker with your safety on? if you do then does it leak? if It does, turn the gas off and turn the safety to live. Then gas it up again. still leaking? then mabe your sear is broken, or your gripframe is malfunctioning, or you need a new oring kit. If you have questions PM me. The same thing happened to me. Sometimes the sear dosen't return fully because the trigger is angled strangely, that's what happened with my Ygrip. So make sure your sear is going out all the way. Oh yeah make sure your sear pin is in there it could have fallen out.

MANN
10-21-2006, 11:06 PM
the sear pin could have fallen out??? That is nearly impossible. If you gun is leaking its a 90% chance that it just an old oring.

don miguel
10-22-2006, 08:32 AM
the sear pin could have fallen out??? That is nearly impossible. If you gun is leaking its a 90% chance that it just an old oring.

When I first got my minimag and didn't know much about it, I also had bought a ygrip. So while removing the carbon fiber grip frame I dropped the sear pin, and put my ygrip on. I didn'r even know I dropped it until later. I gassed up my mag to try it out and it just leaked (because the sear was pressing the on off, and was stuck becauses it had nothing to pivot on). So mabe the same thing happened to him? it's possible.

lasrsktr
10-22-2006, 11:17 AM
When I first got my minimag and didn't know much about it, I also had bought a ygrip. So while removing the carbon fiber grip frame I dropped the sear pin, and put my ygrip on. I didn'r even know I dropped it until later. I gassed up my mag to try it out and it just leaked (because the sear was pressing the on off, and was stuck becauses it had nothing to pivot on). So mabe the same thing happened to him? it's possible.

but your not reading that he can fire shots...

your posts honestly make no sense... Yes you are a noob.....

as for the original poster... pick up a rebuild kit and change out the o-rings. No need to send it in... mataince on these guns are really easy....

WhiteWulf
10-23-2006, 07:02 PM
alright, tore everything apart, bought some o-rings and replaced just about everyhting I could in the valve.... all fixed thanx all

don miguel
10-23-2006, 07:37 PM
but your not reading that he can fire shots...

your posts honestly make no sense... Yes you are a noob.....

as for the original poster... pick up a rebuild kit and change out the o-rings. No need to send it in... mataince on these guns are really easy....

Your posts make no sense I know he can fire shots, i could too, but my sear wasn't returning it was a stupid mistake. I was making a suggestion so back off. :nono:

Arstron
10-23-2006, 07:50 PM

If you put a mag back together without a sear or sear pin and the valve is right, one of 2 things happens. Either the gun does nothing and wont shoot (no leaking) or the gun goes full auto (still no leaking). :cheers:

WhiteWulf, glad to hear you got it fixed, mags are really quiet simple, some oil will fix most problems, what that doesnt fix an oring will.